Television Anyone watching squid games on netflix

Good show. Check out Sissyphus? too.

Wandering earth, and illang wolf brigade were great too.

Yeah, I'm up to episode 7. It's awesome.

That marble episode...god damn...

One of my favorite parts of that show. Amazing. That and the first game when people are freaking out were amazing.

One of my favorite parts of that show. Amazing.

The way that old dude plays with the main guy....oof. Such a morality test, and he failed miserably.

"How does tricking me make sense?"

As if that wasn't enough, he rubs it in and reminds him that they're supposed to be friends and share their marbles, right before he gets killed. I don't know how the main guy reacts yet, but I'd be so ashamed and depressed, that I'd walk into death in the next game.

That was so brutal.

The way that old dude plays with the main guy....oof. Such a morality test, and he failed miserably.

"How does tricking me make sense?"

As if that wasn't enough, he rubs it in and reminds him that they're supposed to be friends and share their marbles, right before he gets killed. I don't know how the main guy reacts yet, but I'd be so ashamed and depressed, that I'd walk into death in the next game.

That was so brutal.

It was brutal in a way but at the same time I understood why he was doing that.

The guy was clearly losing his mind and it's BS for him to continue the games and possibly win when he will be dead soon anyways. I wouldn't have felt bad at all he's barely hanging on physically and mentally. His friend on the other hand is ruthless.

I've had it sitting on my list a week or so.. maybe I should start watching

It was brutal in a way but at the same time I understood why he was doing that.

The guy was clearly losing his mind and it's BS for him to continue the games and possibly win when he will be dead soon anyways. I wouldn't have felt bad at all he's barely hanging on physically and mentally. His friend on the other hand is ruthless.

I don't know. I think the point being made, was that when the chips are down, everyone is ruthless and selfish, and the details don't matter. There is a veil of humanity on the main character, but he was willing to cheat an old man for his own self preservation. It might not have been as direct of an approach as the other guy, who was more overtly devious in fooling the middle eastern dude, but at the end of the day, what does it matter? They're both using similar tactics to survive. Even if the main guy might seem more empathetic, considering the old guy's condition, he's still just as selfish. It's not like he wouldn't try to gain such an upper hand on a healthy person. In fact, he might even be lower than the other dude, since he was trying to take advantage of an old man's disability. It doesn't really matter who is "more" expendable. When the game is "live or die", most are gonna choose to live by any means necessary.

I watched this whole show in a single sitting, I'm really looking forward to a season 2.

the only shit on netflix worth watching is korean and japanese shows.....this is in mah Q

I'm only interested if it is squid overlords forcing these deadbeats to compete for survival.

I don't know. I think the point being made, was that when the chips are down, everyone is ruthless and selfish, and the details don't matter. There is a veil of humanity on the main character, but he was willing to cheat an old man for his own self preservation. It might not have been as direct of an approach as the other guy, who was more overtly devious in fooling the middle eastern dude, but at the end of the day, what does it matter? They're both using similar tactics to survive. Even if the main guy might seem more empathetic, considering the old guy's condition, he's still just as selfish. It's not like he wouldn't try to gain such an upper hand on a healthy person. In fact, he might even be lower than the other dude, since he was trying to take advantage of an old man's disability. It doesn't really matter who is "more" expendable. When the game is "live or die", most are gonna choose to live by any means necessary.

Yea I understood what the writers were trying to do but frankly they missed the mark with that scenario. If I put myself in that situation I would not only expect I would want my best friend to do the same.

I still felt bad and so did the guy but the reality of the situation is what it is. Also the rules never said it had to be a fair game as we clearly saw.

Finished it up.

Stumbled a bit in the last few episodes, mainly because of the ridiculously over the top, bad American actor brigade who cringed up every scene they were a part of. I'm gonna assume their cartoonishly evil personalities that really clashed with the otherwise perfect tone of the series, was simply a result of some kind of language barrier, where it's probably pretty difficult to direct foreigners and get the performances you would get from actors native to the homeland. Something got lost in translation with those guys. They are so out of place, and the series would've been a lot better served to just have an all Korean cast. Like, why did they need that group to be a bunch of American middle-aged frat boy types, and not just a group old rich Koreans? I can't get over it. They were such a shit stain on the series.

Anyways...

Other than that, the show was excellent. Not sure how I feel about it continuing on, because I really don't know where they could take it other than some typical vigilante angle that they look to be going in, but I'll reserve that judgement for when and if it happens. The people who made it are clearly very talented, so it's hard to doubt them at this point.

8.5/10.

I watched the whole thing. I definitely enjoyed it. It's different and entertaining.

How many times are they gonna make the same movie.

Premise is worn out.

Watched the first two episodes. So far, it's great.

You better be right , about to do some stuff around the house then settling in to watch the 1st episode.

No pressure but I'm holding you responsible.

Edit - okay , you got away with it. Interesting enough but the english overdubs are annoying. May watch it in Korean and just have English subtitles on.

Loving number 1 the old guy. I reckon he's up to something though, there's no-one else like him in there.

Last edited:
You better be right , about to do some stuff around the house then settling in to watch the 1st episode.

No pressure but I'm holding you responsible.

Edit - okay , you got away with it. Interesting enough but the english overdubs are annoying. May watch it in Korean and just have English subtitles on.

Loving number 1 the old guy. I reckon he's up to something though, there's no-one else like him in there.

Dude never wwtch engkish dubs when subtitles are avaailnsk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back