• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television Anyone watching squid games on netflix

Id give it a solid 7.5/10, worth a watch for sure.

Dialog is meh, some plot holes but it was bingeworthy.

Last edited:
I really liked it. Probably an 8 from me

Seems an insanely generic and played out plot...might give it a chance tho

I worked my way through this one pretty quickly. I love this kind of shit.

I really am hoping for multiple seasons
I'm literally watching episode 5 right now. Probably finish it tomorrow.

So just finished the first episode. It's Korean and quite an interesting plot. Where close to 500 people in debt agree to go play a game where winner takes millions in prize money. If you fail the games you die.
I don't think most people understand the psychological impact this has on humans. It literally desensitizes people to death, murder, greed, etc.

Keep eating this garbage up.

It was good I thought it ended a bit weak but I enjoyed the ride

Nah will be fine it's just a TV show relax.
Most people will.

Don't be oblivious, though. TV, radio/music, social media, permeate minds and hearts, especially younger ones, with impunity.

Most people will.

Don't be oblivious, though. TV, radio/music, social media, permeate minds and hearts, especially younger ones, with impunity.

We come from ancestors that were at war all the time and enslaving other people and treating them like animals. Yet we still made it here. TV isn't going to be what brings us down.

My coworkers won't stop talking about it.

Probably won't watch though.
Okay so I proved myself wrong.. wife wanted to watch it last night so we finished the first episode and half of the second.

Interesting premise.

Depressing, funny and fucked up all at the same time.

I finished it in two days ... I liked it ... one of the chicks was super annoying but I can’t tell if that’s just because of the English voice over .

Seems an insanely generic and played out plot...might give it a chance tho
I binged it a few days ago, and loved it. I tried watching watching some other death game-like shows afterwards, but they failed where this game shines. They took their time with the main character in the first episode before getting to any crazy shit. They spent enough time on most of the support characters too, where you care whether they live or die, or want them to die lol.

It had some nice twists too. It's not perfect, but you'll get invested. I also like how the setting isn't fantastical. You don't have to suspend disbelief too much, where a show like Alice in Borderland it's required.

Speaking of Borderland, I only watched the first episode. I didn't feel invested in any of the characters. Does it get better in that regard, for anyone who watched it? Any other Squid Game-like recommendations? I loved Battle Royal, but this is way better.

So about that ending...

Just uh..... just gonna abandon your kid there, eh buddy? ....You know, the last remaining reason you had for living in the first place? ....That's the plan, eh?
It was good 8/10. The marble game was intense! I was hoping for more games like tag or red rover. If there is ever an American version thats definitely in there.
Spoilers:

I really dont understand the brothers position or intentions.
The ending was pretty unsatisfying. Why would you not go with the money you have left get ur daughter and live happy rest of your life?
Its basically hunger games or the running man though.
If the message wasnt basic, rich man bad and bored so bet on peoples lifes. If it had some deeper meaning like, now you know the value of life will you be greedy with the money or help others?
I think the deeper message is that beyond the gore and even deeper moral questions of greed and survival there is I think for some, an equally innate sense of care for the survival of others; to die before you are meant to, ultimately for some remote chance of richness, for the entertainment of others is something that main guy could not not comprehend. He obviously sent some money to his buddy/enemy’s mother and at the same time took care of young girl’s little brother (probably passed on some to Ali’s family too) but to pass on money to his own child or using his money to build a comfortable life with his own child is him (in him is own eyes) profiting from the brutal deaths of his friends and innocent strangers generally. It’s the ultimate irony - a terrible degenerate gambler who refuses to profit from his winnings in the ultimate winning gamble.

Last edited:
Back