Anyone who says Led Zeppelin stole their music GET IN HERE

They should have called it sampling. Great band though. Sure, they borrowed some shit. However, they also wrote some great stuff on their own and had great chemistry.

How was Santana able to put out Black Magic Woman only 2 years later after Fleetwood Mac?

The entire genre of hip hop stole song elements and people just gave it a name (sampling) and deemed it acceptable.

But nooooooo, if a white band does it then it's stealing!

I tells ya, white people just can't get a break in rock n roll.

The entire genre of hip hop stole song elements and people just gave it a name (sampling) and deemed it acceptable.

Stop it. Plenty of hip-hop acts got sued and lost settlement cases for stealing song bits.

Guess what? So did Led Zeppelin. They've lost over a dozen cases and retroactively given credit to the artists they've stolen from.

This has always been one of the wildest "open secrets" I've ever seen. LZ has lost case after case for their theft, but people still argue so hard for them.

Stealing music really pisses me off. LZ was undoubtedly some of the best musicians of their time, but good lord. The theft makes me lose all respect.

For a basic intro: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/led-zeppelins-10-boldest-rip-offs-223419/

This has always been one of the wildest "open secrets" I've ever seen. LZ has lost case after case for their theft, but people still argue so hard for them.

Stealing music really pisses me off. LZ was undoubtedly some of the best musicians of their time, but good lord. The theft makes me lose all respect.

For a basic intro: https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/led-zeppelins-10-boldest-rip-offs-223419/

I've never heard of that before, and I'm a pretty big 70s rock guy.
Never a huge Zeppelin fan, though. And that kind of blatant theft really makes it hard to respect.
Even without knowing all this, I was pretty surprised they won the Spirit case. I read a number of stories about it and not a one mentioned a word of these other instances. Weird and lazy reporting.

I've never heard of that before, and I'm a pretty big 70s rock guy.
Never a huge Zeppelin fan, though. And that kind of blatant theft really makes it hard to respect.
Even without knowing all this, I was pretty surprised they won the Spirit case. I read a number of stories about it and not a one mentioned a word of these other instances. Weird and lazy reporting.

They should have lost the Spirit case, 100%, considering their long and public history of plagiarism. They lost a bunch of court cases and were forced to royalties and give credit to the real song writers.

If Spirit was the only time it happened, I could see it being glossed over in court. But with their history, there is no doubt in my mind that it was blatant theft.

In the beginning they stole a lot of their riffs and style from blues. But by the time Led Zeppelin III rolled around I'd say they coined one of the best original sounds ever. The just had to rip off blues music for a couple albums to get there.
alot of their folky stuff was ripped off riffs or entire songs from folk dudes like bert jansch, tim buckley, jake holmes.

They stole about as much artistically as any blues based band does.

On the business end, they failed to credit a few guys for a couple of songs. The Spirit/Stairway to Heaven thing was not an example of that IMO. They weren't the same song.

Didn’t we steal rock & roll from the black? Notice, I called them the blacks. Why? I’m sensitive like that.

Its amazing how hypocritical those quotes are. Hendrix saying they stole music? His breakthrough hit was a cover. The Stones didn't borrow from other bands? Please.
Spoken like someone who doesn't truly understand music.

So what if Hendrix broke through with a cover? He never claimed to write it, all of his covers are credited to the original writer.

Lol @ The Stones borrowing.

Spoken like someone who doesn't truly understand music.
I've been a musician for 30 years. You?

So what if Hendrix broke through with a cover? He never claimed to write it, all of his covers are credited to the original writer.
So you don't call out a band for being unoriginal when not one, but two of your biggest hits are also covers.

Lol @ The Stones borrowing.
lol at you thinking they didn't. That comment exposes your musical ignorance a lot more than anything I said.

I've been a musician for 30 years. You?

So you don't call out a band for being unoriginal when not one, but two of your biggest hits are also covers.

lol at you thinking they didn't. That comment exposes your musical ignorance a lot more than anything I said.
What songs of yours are on the radio?

Back