Anyone won the belt looking more beaten than DDP?

GettyImages-115727257.jpg

IIRC he was worried about dying from his plastic nose implant being driven into his brain.

Lawlor looked pretty rough right after the Rory fight, then looked fine at the hospital outside of his split lip hours later. Edgar was pretty busted up after Maynard. Lesnar's eyes looked similar after Carwin. Chael also ripped Jon Jones toe in half.

I assume you're joking, but in case you're not...any chance you're aware of the fight that happened immediately prior to this one?
I was in the audience bro. Pennington at least won her fight. Dricus lost his pretty clearly. He was hitting air 90% of the time.

I came away from that fight thinking that most dudes on the street can probably beat DDP, and all the guys in the seats near me agreed.

He looked swell and damaged, but won the belt , closest to that would be Jones against Gustafsson ?
Schaub on Jones after the Gus fight.

"He got carted... I was waiting at the press conference, Jon and I shared a locker room... and he came right from the fight, on a stretcher, they brought him in the back where the doctors are, cause I was getting stitches on my head and Jon was in there. I got to admit man, it was scary to see a human being like that. His face was swollen shut. He's bleeding out of his eyes, ears, mouth. He was throwing up... He was just so beat up. His body was shaking. I just looked at him and I was like: 'dang, man'"

20130922190458740000o.jpg

No "Just Bleed" love from OP.
Pale people will show a single strike landing. Medical suspensions or surgeries tell more of a story than bruising.

"He got carted... I was waiting at the press conference, Jon and I shared a locker room... and he came right from the fight, on a stretcher, they brought him in the back where the doctors are, cause I was getting stitches on my head and Jon was in there. I got to admit man, it was scary to see a human being like that. His face was swollen shut. He's bleeding out of his eyes, ears, mouth. He was throwing up... He was just so beat up. His body was shaking. I just looked at him and I was like: 'dang, man'"

Arguably the greatest LHW title fight ever. I know what old timers are gonna say but skill and toughness-wise this war was right there.

Respect knowing the actual answer for weakest UFC champion of all time.
We were even mad about him winning during the single digit UFC days; he was a far lesser fighter than Sham, Royce, Severn, Oleg, etc. Those of us who rented the early UFCs at Blockbuster/Hollywood in the 90s know that kind of answer pretty easily.

Jon was off his feet to prevent further issues with the foot injury he sustained prior. Both guys wore damage.

Jons cut was from a sharp piece on Gus’s glove that graded him. He was never hurt really. Superficial damage was equal.

However Jon hit Gus so hard he had him stumbling and having mini strokes the remainder of the fight.

Either way that was an epic war where both guys wore the damage.

The point here is to show someone completely busted up while the opponent didn’t take nearly as much damage.

IMG_9830.jpeg

CC Fedor, Fedor wore all the damage but won.

He did have some superficial damage to his face. He won the fight though

DDP left eye was completely swollen shut. His forehead looks like the rocky mountains.

Not even GSP eye was swollen shut, and we all know prime big rig could bang.

Typical twisting of the truth from a weirdo lefty.

Back