Apart from co and main-event, UFC 234 is a pretty WEAK card

Complain all you want but these are the cards that wind up being great like the Blaydes vs Ngannou 2 card. Fighters trying to establish themselves with the company and the fans. They will bring it

I know most people don't care about this fight but it bothers me that Sam Alvey is the underdog to Jim Crute for some reason.

No shit.

This is true, but I’ll still be watching :)

For the co main and main

I know most people don't care about this fight but it bothers me that Sam Alvey is the underdog to Jim Crute for some reason.
Yeah I was surprised by this. While Crute looked decent in his last outing it's definitely a jump up in competition.

Fair call though Dong and Smith should be a decent scrap and Kai Kara France is supposed to be decent, Crute looked solid in his last outing plus Lando almost always brings it. Certainly top heavy.

yeah, I don't think its the worst card i've ever seen in my life or anything, but, this is really mediocre at best. Of every card from ESPN+ debut until maybe the card in O2 (I don't remember the full card off top of my head) this is by far the worst card of the bunch and its 1 of 2 PPV's. I'd have much rather have paid for last weekends card or the cain vs Francis ESPN card than this one.

I don't understand why the UFC do this to themselves. This event relies SO MUCH on the 2 top fights. If one of those fights falls out, the event is a total dud.

They never learn...

According to some sherdoggers' logic, UFC could take a random Brave FC entire card, put their banner on it and charge you 65/70 dollars for the same card because "it COULD be a banger".

The Aussie PPV card has been pretty weak as of late.

Last year we got Romero vs Rockhold for the interim belt with a co main of Blaydes vs Hunt

This is much better imo
I remember that being bad on paper but ended up being a pretty damn good night of fights. Hopefully this follows suit because there alot of fighters ive never seen before on this card

yeah, I don't think its the worst card i've ever seen in my life or anything, but, this is really mediocre at best. Of every card from ESPN+ debut until maybe the card in O2 (I don't remember the full card off top of my head) this is by far the worst card of the bunch and its 1 of 2 PPV's. I'd have much rather have paid for last weekends card or the cain vs Francis ESPN card than this one.

Last weekends cards main event would of been the third best fight on this card.

Quit acting like the 4th best fight matters more than the main or co main.

Same thing for Cain vs Ngannou

Cain/Ngannou < Kelvin/Whittaker
Felder/Vick <<< Silva/Adesanya
Cacares/Gracie= Yahya/Simon
Luque/Barbarena>>> De La Rosa/Kareem
Fili/Jury> Crute/Alvey

Pretty darn close

First two fights: 10/10

Everything else: 2/10 and that 2 is just because its the UFC.

r2gzElg.png
no WMMA on the main card at least. Count your blessings.

Wont buy this as I have a party to attend that night but will look up the main and co main when I get home.

With a sellout and tickets on the resale market going for 3x face value. I think Australians think the card is good enough to watch in person. Cards like this are usually end up very exciting as most of the fighters have a lot to prove. So they prove it by actually fighting, not dancing or running.
It's only at 18k stadium compared to MCG

Sam got finishes by lil Nog didn't he?

After that fight I can't back the dude ever

Fair call mate. Hoping it's one of those cards that under promises and over delivers. The Co-main and main should be great regardless. As for the Cain Francis card I'm not convinced Cain's fighting again until I see him making the walk to the cage, I mean what's it been 2.5 years since he last fought?

Probably because Alvey is just going to shuffle around the cage waiting for a chance to land a counterpunch bomb. Chances are that won’t happen and he’ll lose a decision.

The experience factor for Alvey is fucking gigantic and that will most likely be why he wins

Lot of Maori on the card so Im hyped

Back