Movies AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM (Full Trailer, post #131; New Amber Heard Drama Details, post #145)

Predict how much AQUAMAN 3 will make at the global box office.

• $800 million to $899 million (profitable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $900 million to $999 million (profitable)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty much every rumour about this movie has been negative but one thing to keep in mind is that many, many movies have absolutely messed up productions and many of those same movies turn out to be really good and/or successful

Leaving aside famous cases like Apocalypse Now and Predator, I know (different) people who worked on Bourne Identify (they thought it was a piece of crap during production) and Fury Road (they thought it was cool and all but were not even sure that a film would actually come out of it)

don't get me wrong - I am bearish on Aquaman 2 because DC is on a losing streak and I did not like the first one, despite it being incredibly successful financially

but it is also the same director with the same main actors at the same studio making the sequel.

pretty much every rumour about this movie has been negative but one thing to keep in mind is that many, many movies have absolutely messed up productions and many of those same movies turn out to be really good and/or successful

Leaving aside famous cases like Apocalypse Now and Predator, I know (different) people who worked on Bourne Identify (they thought it was a piece of crap during production) and Fury Road (they thought it was cool and all but were not even sure that a film would actually come out of it)

don't get me wrong - I am bearish on Aquaman 2 because DC is on a losing streak and I did not like the first one, despite it being incredibly successful financially

but it is also the same director with the same main actors at the same studio making the sequel.

Insisted on keeping Ezra. Insisted on keeping Amber Turd. They should make their next movie starring OJ Simpson, Joe Son and Jeffrey Jones. Hell the whole freaking universe is being overseen by this guy...

Jamesgunnpedoparty1-640x480.jpg

So third reshoot to change batman again, Clooney this time?

That Pre-Christmas Dec. time-slot is typically when the biggest blockbusters aim to shine, so teh makerz must think very highly of these films. Hopefully these re-shoots mean they're making it better.

I might wait a week on Wonka & catch Aquaman in my Dolby theater & then walk on down teh hall, straight into the IMAX for Wonka. Will see how it shakes out.

I see the poll results reading low numberz... but I just feel something different this Dec.

I think teh crowdz that held off their pre-Christmas movie watching celebrationz in the past, will be removed from Covid, & will fully embrace this movie... but more importantly... if its good... it will bring teh casualz to teh table in the months following. Casualz are what make over a billion theater viewz & they seem to be taking extra great care on this, & hopefully they're not over-thinking it to the point of disaster.

That said, if they can make this movie better with their re-shoots, they'll likely join teh billion club imo.

I really dislike how James Gunn is ruining the end of the dceu. Just let the characters get their closure then move on. It already feels like he doesnt know what hes doing.

Is there a 'it won't break even' option?

With all of the work stoppages, reshoots, and the closure of the DCU, wouldn't it more likely lose money?

Is there a 'it won't break even' option?

With all of the work stoppages, reshoots, and the closure of the DCU, wouldn't it more likely lose money?
Aquaman 2's reported production budget is around $205 million. Marketing cost will probably be around $60 to $100 million. I'm guessing the movie has to reach at least $500 million worldwide to break even. So if you think it won't break even, just choose the below $500 million options and you're good to go.

Aquaman 2's reported production budget is around $205 million. Marketing cost will probably be around $60 to $100 million. I'm guessing the movie has to reach at least $500 million worldwide to break even. So if you think it won't break even, just choose the below $500 million options and you're good to go.

if it does even half of what Aquaman 1 did at the box office it will be ok. WB executives must be praying that this turns into a win

Amber Heard's still involved with this property right?

If so, no chance I see it in theaters and little chance on a movie channel.

I still don't understand how the first Aquaman made so much money. The movie is awful, the character development is non-existent, the story makes no sense, and half of the actors are doing a bad job. The speech made by the redhead at the end of the movie made me go

gagging.gif

Jason Momoa is the only good thing in that movie.

Was it a slow winter in terms of blockbusters?

AQUAMAN 2 Officially in the Works with David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick Penning the Script

MkA43Pr.jpg

Almost two months after opening its billion dollar hit Aquaman,Warner Bros. is starting to put the pieces together for a sequel. The studio has tapped David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick, who co-wrote the first movie, to begin penning a new installment, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

James Wan, who helmed the first movie and worked with Johnson-McGoldrick on The Conjuring 2, is making a deal to return as producer, as is Peter Safran. It is unclear at this stage whether Wan would return as director.

Aquaman opened in December to $67.8 million and has gone on to earn $1.12 billion globally. It is Warner Bros.' first DC movie to pass the $1 billion mark since 2012's The Dark Knight Rises.

The hiring of Johnson-McGoldrick finally gets a sequel into development, with a wait this long after a successful release a rarity in modern Hollywood. In some cases, studios begin to develop follow-ups even before a franchise picture rolls out. In many cases, it could be the Monday after a massive opening or that first week that studios and filmmakers come together to talk sequel.

But in Aquaman’s case, Wan was in no rush to jump back in (and still remains noncommittal to directing at this stage), and the studio did not want to pressure him or his collaborators.

Ironically, the studio had an easier time (just a bit) putting into development an Aquaman spinoff and hiring a writing duo to develop a horror-tinged project titled The Trench, which THR revealed last week.

Johnson-McGoldrick co-wrote the Aquaman script with Will Beall (Gangster Squad), with Geoff Johns receiving a story by credit along with Beall and Wan. He is repped by Paradigm.

'Aquaman' Sequel (Finally) in the Works with David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick to Pen the Script

Amber turd ruined it by destroying the set.

I still don't understand how the first Aquaman made so much money. The movie is awful, the character development is non-existent, the story makes no sense, and half of the actors are doing a bad job. The speech made by the redhead at the end of the movie made me go

gagging.gif

Jason Momoa is the only good thing in that movie.

Was it a slow winter in terms of blockbusters?

DC is lame. The batman movies are good but DC really is an L. Marvel is now woke and lazy. They need good storytelling. Holly-Weird is woke and full of chomoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back