Arab-Israeli Conflict, v2: What the UN Jerusalem vote mean for Israel, the U.S, and Palestine

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Thousands-protest-in-Jordan-burn-US-and-Israeli-flags-517463

THOUSANDS PROTEST IN JORDAN, BURN US AND ISRAELI FLAGS

housands of protesters have gathered in the Jordanian capital of Amman, one of the largest demonstrations against Trump’s declaration on Jerusalem.

The protesters are calling for their government to cut ties with Israel.

Local Jordanian media is reporting that protesters in Amman are also burning American and Israeli flags and demand closure of the US embassy in Amman.

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Iranians-rally-against-Trumps-Jerusalem-move-burn-US-flags-517458

IRANIANS RALLY AGAINST TRUMP'S JERUSALEM MOVE, BURN US FLAGS

Hundreds of Iranians took part in rallies across the country on Friday to condemn US President Donald Trump’s decision this week to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, state TV reported.

Leaders of Iran, where opposition to Israel and support for the Palestinian cause has been central to foreign policy since the 1979 Islamic revolution, have denounced Trump’s move, including his plan to move the US embassy to Jerusalem.

State TV aired footage of marchers chanting "Death to America" and "Death to Israel," holding up Palestinian flags and banners saying: "Quds belongs to Muslims," using the Arabic name for the city. In several cities protesters burned effigies of Trump, Iranian media reported.

Iran regards Palestine as comprising all of the holy land, including the Jewish state, which it does not recognize. It has repeatedly called for the destruction of Israel and backs several Islamic militant groups in their fight against Israel.

Describing the United States and Israel as oppressors, Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Wednesday that Trump's decision was a sign of incompetence and failure.

Opposition to Trump's move has united Iran's hardline and pragmatist factions, with both pragmatist President Hassan Rouhani and commanders of the hardline Revolutionary Guards urging Iranians to join nationwide "Day of Rage" rallies.

Some protesters burned pictures of Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu while chanting “Death to the Devil." Rouhani rejected Trump’s decision as “wrong, illegitimate, provocative and very dangerous." Senior cleric Ayatollah Ahmad Khatami told worshippers at Friday prayers at Tehran University that Muslims around the world should unite against Israel, state TV reported.

"We will not leave Palestinians alone," worshipers chanted at Friday prayers in Tehran, TV reported.

Iran's army chief Major General Mohammad Bagheri said Trump's decision on Jerusalem was "unwise" and could fuel tension in the crisis-hit Middle East, Iran's state news agency IRNA reported.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...d-israeli-soldiers-donald-trump-a8099381.html

Jerusalem protests latest: Two Palestinians shot dead 'by Israeli soldiers' amid calls for 'Day of Rage', say officials

Palestinians report two deaths in day of rage protests triggered by US' decision to recognise divided city of Jerusalem as Israel's capital

Two Palestinians have been killed in clashes over US President Donald Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital, the Palestinian Health Ministry has said.

Israeli soldiers shot dead one Palestinian man on Friday near the Gaza border, a health ministry official said.

The Israeli military said hundreds of Palestinians were rolling burning tyres and throwing rocks at soldiers across the border..

"During the riots Israel Defence Forces (IDF) soldiers fired selectively towards two main instigators and hits were confirmed," the army statement said.

A second man was reported killed by Gaza's health ministry but not details were immediately available.

The Trump administration's move to recognise Jerusalem as Israeli has angered Palestinians, sparking protests across the region and wider Muslim world.

Various Palestinian groups, including militant organisation Hamas, called for a day of rage on Friday against the US and Israeli occupation.

An estimated 3,000 people marched, burned Israeli flags and stamped on posters of Mr Trump in around 30 protests across the Palestinian Territories.

In Jerusalem itself, midday prayers ended with marches through the Old City. While there was some pushing and shoving as police broke up the crowds, the protests remained largely peaceful.

At least 13 people were injured by live fire and 47 by rubber bullets across the West Bank and Gaza. Dozens more suffered from tear gas inhalation, Red Crescent paramedics said.

Six arrests were made, the IDF said.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/239039

Israel to build 14,000 new housing units in Jerusalem
Following Trump's recognition of Jerusalem, Housing Minister began to promote plan to build thousands of housing units in the capital.

Construction and Housing Minister Yoav Galant (Kulanu) is promoting a plan to build 14,000 housing units in Jerusalem, Hahadashot (formerly Channel 2 News) reported on Thursday.

The move follows President Donald Trump's announcement on Wednesday that the United States recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

According to the report, the government would promote the construction of 5,000 housing units in Atarot, in addition to a new neighborhood in the area which is being promoted by the Jerusalem municipality.

Another 1,000 housing units are expected in Pisgat Ze'ev and are waiting for approval, 3,000 units will be built in Katamon and 5,000 units will be built in Reches Lavan.

"Following President Trump's historic declaration, I intend to promote and strengthen the construction in Jerusalem," said Minister Galant.

Other ministers in the Cabinet expressed support for Galant and told Hahadashot, "There are no more excuses. There are no more reasons why we should not build in the city, when the president of the United States views it as the undisputed capital of the State of Israel."

Serious question, how long will it be before Arabs out-number Jews via birth rate disparity? I’ve already heard a few of my American Jew buddies admit that their days are numbered in that region.
I'm christian by birth but I don't discriminate towards Jewish Israeli chicks and would gladly fertilize
IDFgirlfriends.jpg

3BAA9F4500000578-0-image-a-51_1482849017509.jpg

So that's went from 1 country to 2 that thinks Jerusalem is the Capital of Israel.

No other embassies will be moving.

it's going to be a real shit-show.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/239039

Israel to build 14,000 new housing units in Jerusalem
Following Trump's recognition of Jerusalem, Housing Minister began to promote plan to build thousands of housing units in the capital.

Construction and Housing Minister Yoav Galant (Kulanu) is promoting a plan to build 14,000 housing units in Jerusalem, Hahadashot (formerly Channel 2 News) reported on Thursday.

The move follows President Donald Trump's announcement on Wednesday that the United States recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

According to the report, the government would promote the construction of 5,000 housing units in Atarot, in addition to a new neighborhood in the area which is being promoted by the Jerusalem municipality.

Another 1,000 housing units are expected in Pisgat Ze'ev and are waiting for approval, 3,000 units will be built in Katamon and 5,000 units will be built in Reches Lavan.

"Following President Trump's historic declaration, I intend to promote and strengthen the construction in Jerusalem," said Minister Galant.

Other ministers in the Cabinet expressed support for Galant and told Hahadashot, "There are no more excuses. There are no more reasons why we should not build in the city, when the president of the United States views it as the undisputed capital of the State of Israel."

Folk close to Trump including Kushner and his Ambassador to Israel have financial stakes in the illegal settlements Israel have built and will continue to build now.

I looked up the history of Jerusalem. In 1947 it was drawn up by the UN as an international city (previously controlled by England since 1917), but the Muslims and Jews didn't get along (Muslims didn't like that Jews lived there--this was before 1948 when Israel claimed independence).

The Muslims started rioting in 1936. Jews, to defend themselves developed a resistance in 1949 (also because England had a plan to give independence in the region to the Muslims and not the Jews). England withdrew from the area and West Jerusalem was divided to the Jews and the East to the Muslims (which included Bethlehem). In 1948 Israel declared its independence as a state. This is what Zionism is. It is basically the belief that the Jews should have their own home. People who say they are anti-zionist are saying that they think the Jews should not have their own state.

Egypt blocked off the Straits of Tiran so that Israel could not use the water to ship cargo. Israel attacked and opened the Straits again. Israel asked Jordan to remain neutral, but they preferred to team up with Egypt to get rid of the Jews. Later, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and troops from Iraq invaded Israel. Israel defended itself during the 6 day war and took control of East Jerusalem. Instead of making all of the Palestinians leave like they wanted to do to the Jews, they offered them citizenship. In fact, the proportion of Muslims to Jews has been increasing since 1967 when the 6 day war took place.

Jews are still not allowed to go to pray in their holiest part of the city such as the Dome of the Rock that is controlled by Jordan (even though in the ceasefire they agreed they would be able to). The Muslims also destroyed Jewish religious sites there since then. Jerusalem was already the capital of Israel around 1948. Most Christians moved out of the Muslim area as well because of restrictions on their religion and treatment by the Muslims.

Jewish synagogues were turned into hen houses and stables. The 3000 year Mount of Olives Jewish Cemetary was destroyed and the gravestones were used to make roads and latrines (38,000 tombs).

So, as you can see, Jerusalem was split until Israel was invaded by Muslim countries who did not want the Jews in the area. Israel won, so by right Jerusalem is theirs, especially considering it was self-defense.

You could have just read the OP, bro.

The first article posted in this thread is probably gonna be the most useful article you've read this month on the subject of the Arabs/Israel Conflict, if you want to shut ignorant millenial hipsters down.

Last edited:
So that's went from 1 country to 2 that thinks Jerusalem is the Capital of Israel.

No other embassies will be moving.

I think your counting skill is a bit off.

Also, everybody else KNOW Jerusalem is the de facto Capital of Israel, they just don't want to acknowledge it because of politics.

I think your counting skill is a bit off.

Also, everybody else KNOW Jerusalem is the de facto Capital of Israel, they just don't want to acknowledge it because of politics.

Sorry my point was nuanced, i was speaking of the whole of it not the Western-part quoted as they consider the Eastern part to be the "Capital of Palestine" within a 2 state-solution. They also have no current plans to move embassies, while Trump has ordered up plans and architects or so he says anyway.

So from 1 to 2 as i said.

Sorry my point was nuanced, i was speaking of the whole of it not the Western-part quoted as they consider the Eastern part to be the "Capital of Palestine" within a 2 state-solution. They also have no current plans to move embassies, while Trump has ordered up plans and architects or so he says anyway.

So from 1 to 2 as i said.

I'm beginning to feel like you didn't actually read that particular page before posting, much less the rest of the on-going discussion we have here since Sunday.

Either that or you simply can't count.

Try the Thread Index in the OP, it should prove immensely useful to all new-comers who needs to catch up on the latest developments.

You can't discuss what you do not yet know, and you don't really know until you learn how to read before you post.

Last edited:

Probably gonna be the most useful article you've read this month, if you want to shut ignorant millenial hipsters down.
That article got a guy I was arguing with to admit he just hated Jews and didn't want them to get a damn thing.

I'm beginning to feel like you didn't didn't actually read that particular page, much less the rest of the on-going discussion we have here since Sunday.

Why are we switching to a discussion about your feelings?

Can't we just discuss the topic at hand?

That article got a guy I was arguing with to admit he just hated Jews and didn't want them to get a damn thing.

Was he ignorant to history, or just hoping that no one else knows the context of this century-long squabble?

I think this is the perfect time for TV to re-run some old documentaries on the Arabs-Israeli Conflict, just to help out the millenials who loves to join in this discussion but don't know much besides the hyper-ventilating MSM headlines currently making the rounds on social media.

Probably gonna be the most useful article you've read this month, if you want to shut ignorant millenial hipsters down.

Which article in the OP? There's like 20 of them.

Was he ignorant to history, or just hoping that no one else knows the context of this century-long squabble?

I think this is the perfect time for TV to re-run some old documentaries on the Arabs-Israeli Conflict, just to help out the millenials who loves to join in this discussion but don't know much besides the hyper-ventilating MSM headlines currently making the rounds on social media.
He knew the narrative that is consistent with the anti-Isreal side and refused to hear anything else until it was hammered in.

I have another friend that grew up in Egypt. I don't even attempt to have the conversation with him. He won't even say Isreal, only Occupied Palestine or referrers to them as occupiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back