Are Dagestanis the new Brazilians?

Eh I need to see other folks from that country do well. This is like the time where the Irish were suppose to take over and completely fell flat.

Eh I need to see other folks from that country do well. This is like the time where the Irish were suppose to take over and completely fell flat.
Eh... Yeah, apart from the Irish guy who has basically taken over mma for the last 5 years...?

"Dagestani's are the people of the Caucasus mountains -as in The Caucasian People. They are fierce, loyal, bear oriented and..Muslim. The Caucasian Muslim. The world has now gone full circle" ~Edward Bravo of The Flat Earth Societies

yeah,m cos Conor and his gang of tapping machines throwing bottles and dollies are so civilised they should be an example of sportsmanship

I can dag it.

No thats a fail.

Oh well I'm leaving it.

"Dagestani's are the people of the Caucasus mountains -as in The Caucasian People. They are fierce, loyal, bear oriented and..Muslim. The Caucasian Muslim. The world has now gone full circle" ~Edward Bravo of The Flat Earth Societies

It's just as dumb without his comically stupid involvement in an organization like that.

Conor's statement about "my Chechen friends told me Dagestan fighters have glass chins" made me wonder.....

.....how many Chechen fighters are in the UFC or Bellator?

You know how much harder it is to become a fucking Olympic gold medal wrestler over an ADCC Jiu Jitsu champion? The talent pool between those two is like the difference between how many people play Soccer internationally vs American Football. Also, give Sadulaev a few years training and he'll outgrapple top ADCC guys. No jiu jitsu guy who's already in his 20's will just pick up olympic gold medal level wrestling.
This is true. A gold medal in wrestling might be harder than winning UFC belt.

In years past, the Brazilians were known as being fiercely nationalistic and willing to enage physically outside a sanctioned contest. Wand vs. Bennet in the locker room comes to mind. Werdum kicking Edmund or assaulting Colby with a boomerang are other examples.

Has Khabib and his pack of sycophants stolen the spotlight? Are they now the country that you don’t fuck with? Their recent assault on Conor and his team, in and out of the ring, almost make Brazilians seem tame in comparison.
Remember when a group of 30 Irish dudes flew across the ocean to assault a bus loaded with innocent bystanders?

Stop being backwards.

Eh... Yeah, apart from the Irish guy who has basically taken over mma for the last 5 years...?
One man did it, while the rest of his countrymen flunked out. He makes a valid point.

Conor took over, not the Irish.

Not the same. There already are successful dagestani's in PFL and UFC. The Irish fighters in general have always been irrelevant, in any promotion. Most of them are journeyman fighters that compete in CW and other regional European shows. In PFL for example, there's 3 dagestani's in the finals. Khabilov and Makhachev are already successful in UFC.
Conor's statement about "my Chechen friends told me Dagestan fighters have glass chins" made me wonder.....

.....how many Chechen fighters are in the UFC or Bellator?
A few, like Abdul Kerim Edilov, Bibulatov, Tukhugov.. not many, for now. In Bellator i don't think there's any chechen, actually they have only fighters from Fedor Team, Koreshkov and Shlemenko, if i'm not mistaken.

Because there is so much money involved in olympic wrestling

wait
Huh? It’s about participation and talent pool. The entire world wrestles. There are hundreds of thousands of kids who grow up wrestling in Iran and Russia. Not that many kids start MMA at 4.

Who knows?
giphy.gif
Human beings sure are capable of coming up with stupid shit. What an absolute fucking joke.

Not until they have the big book of excuses, like a lot of the Brazilians fighters do

Back