Social Are people allowed to carry unconcealed weapon in whole Texas?

Often - I'm sure not always, but often - the people I've seen/known who actually carry guns for protection and not to be edgy or make a political statement get their C&C and no one around them would ever know they're carrying because they don't want to draw attention to themselves. Typically when I see people open carrying I don't get the impression they're actually carrying purely for protection. Plus, they often don't care if it makes people around them uncomfortable whereas the people I know who legally C&C actually do give a shit about other people and the open carry people tend to be more douchey. It ain't science, but that has almost always been the case in my anecdotal experience.
Yeah once in a while I see some young guys open carrying around here and they have all their tacticool bullshit on. It strikes me as the equivalent of getting a Mohawk but for alt righters.

Thieves will always have guns with your mentality you will always be the victim it is a submissive mentality because you can not fight back being unarmed. in the u.s we can defend ourselves from armed robberies an 80 year old woman can keep herself from getting killed or robbed at the store because of her gun.
You should look up Brazilian garage guns. These dudes are making some pretty effective firearms with limited resources.

I think this is what I understdood from this Rogan vs Masvidal podcast

In some states, local municipalities are sometimes passing ordinances that stipulate you cannot carry in certain places (e.g., public parks). I am not familiar enough with Texas to know for sure if/where this is happening, but I know Texas is a big state and not all areas are necessarily friendly to carry (concealed or unconcealed) in all places. It can make it a challenge for someone who is carrying to know at exactly when and where it is okay to carry (even if statewide there may not be a ban necessarily).

Americans and guns is something I'll never understand. I'd be super uncomfortable getting groceries and seeing a gun on someone's hip.

Its so fuckin weird.

Going to the mall, better take my pistol to feel safe.

So weird and unnecessary.

I'll never understand it but its definitely cool for movies, everyone has guns and its great
You'll never understand reality. Why walk around life as a loot box? Ive had to use my carry piece on both animals and humans and would have been dead several times over had I not been armed.

It doesn't take much. Think about the Sten. I can get lost watching videos about Khyber Pass copies. Those cottage 1911s from the Philippines are really impressive.
Those Philippino 1911's were my first thought too.

I recall when being in Texas seeing tshirts with guns on them and the line "Texans don't call 911", yeah it's a bit different to down here ha ha

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

"An armed society is a polite society."

Reactions: TSO
In some states, local municipalities are sometimes passing ordinances that stipulate you cannot carry in certain places (e.g., public parks). I am not familiar enough with Texas to know for sure if/where this is happening, but I know Texas is a big state and not all areas are necessarily friendly to carry (concealed or unconcealed) in all places. It can make it a challenge for someone who is carrying to know at exactly when and where it is okay to carry (even if statewide there may not be a ban necessarily).

lookup the California bill where it will basically be illegal to carry anywhere in public. They can’t take away CCW bc of Supreme Court decision. So they will give you a ccw but just make it illegal to carry it anywhere except your property

that sounds insidious and horrible.
just what you'd expect from Cali.

lookup the California bill where it will basically be illegal to carry anywhere in public. They can’t take away CCW bc of Supreme Court decision. So they will give you a ccw but just make it illegal to carry it anywhere except your property
If Californians want their right to carry, they should sue the government. They will win in the Supreme Court.

You'll never understand reality. Why walk around life as a loot box? Ive had to use my carry piece on both animals and humans and would have been dead several times over had I not been armed.

No one has ever tried to rob me, doubt they ever will. I don't know anyone who has ever been mugged or had their home broken into. The only shooting I can remember happening was an elderly guy years ago that shotgunned his wife in the home depot parking lot, doesn't really happen here. We never have shootouts, its pretty nice.

Just not a common thing here. But neither are guns, definitely not pistols or anything automatic . I highly doubt those 2 factors are unrelated.

I really meant it when I said I'd never understand it. You live in a different reality than I do, can't even begin to wrap my head around it.

Sorry to year you've had to pull a gun on someone.

Lol'd at loot box, I liked that

No one has ever tried to rob me, doubt they ever will. I don't know anyone who has ever been mugged or had their home broken into. The only shooting I can remember happening was an elderly guy years ago that shotgunned his wife in the home depot parking lot, doesn't really happen here. We never have shootouts, its pretty nice.

Just not a common thing here. But neither are guns, definitely not pistols or anything automatic . I highly doubt those 2 factors are unrelated.

I really meant it when I said I'd never understand it. You live in a different reality than I do, can't even begin to wrap my head around it.

Sorry to year you've had to pull a gun on someone.

Lol'd at loot box, I liked that
Tradesman get robbed in every country regularly. We have lots of money worth of untraceable tools on us and in our vehicles. I don't even have to know where you're from to know that happens because there's zero exceptions. All guns provide is a way for us to keep what we own.

I thought you'd enjoy the lootbox comment.

Thieves will always have guns with your mentality you will always be the victim it is a submissive mentality because you can not fight back being unarmed. in the u.s we can defend ourselves from armed robberies an 80 year old woman can keep herself from getting killed or robbed at the store because of her gun.

Not concerned about theives one bit. Nada. Don't know any thieves or any victims of it.

If i told my friends I'd bought a pistol to carry around for protection they'd laugh their asses off and call me a pussy forever. It would be so over the top and unnecessary that it would be ridiculous.

I'll never get it bc it just seems like an alien way of life. Guns are fun to shoot, dont get me wrong I just don't get the need to carry one in public and thats likely bc I've never lived in a place where they are easily accessible to anyone that can afford one. Just seems super foreign to me sherbro.

Tradesman get robbed in every country regularly. We have lots of money worth of untraceable tools on us and in our vehicles. I don't even have to know where you're from to know that happens because there's zero exceptions. All guns provide is a way for us to keep what we own.

I thought you'd enjoy the lootbox comment.

I'd be crushed if someone stole the tools. My van is full of tools, no problemo so far (probably just jynxed it lol) Its unmarked, no windows and white. I had one crackhead try to open the door one day in a customer's driveway. Just walked up with a hammer and yelled fuck off. He did.

Customer then told me it was wrong to treat the underprivileged and unhoused that way.

I was so confused when she said it, genuinely incredulous moment for me.

bouncing-boobs-big-boob.gif

Reactions: TSO
If Californians want their right to carry, they should sue the government. They will win in the Supreme Court.
We actually did have a judge who was giving us all out gun rights back roger benitez but Newsoms cronies like xavier becerra kept getting in the way of anytime he would have a decision in court. I can also get a ccw in L.A county but what good is it if we have no stand your ground law if I have to use my pistol im going to have no laws to protect me. Ccw in CA also take a long time and cost the nost in the u s iirc we are also charged an extra 200 to 300 more for pistols in CA for some reason.

Here is one of the bills benitez blocked.

https://calmatters.org/commentary/2022/12/federal-judge-blocks-newsoms-foolish-gun-law/

The FPC has done more than NRA in CA laws.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/wiese

We actually did have a judge who was giving us all out gun rights back roger benitez but Newsoms cronies like xavier becerra kept getting in the way of anytime he would have a decision in court. I can also get a ccw in L.A county but what good is it if we have no stand your ground law if I have to use my pistol im going to have no laws to protect me. Ccw in CA also take a long time and cost the nost in the u s iirc we are also charged an extra 200 to 300 more for pistols in CA for some reason.

Here is one of the bills benitez blocked.

https://calmatters.org/commentary/2022/12/federal-judge-blocks-newsoms-foolish-gun-law/

The FPC has done more than NRA in CA laws.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/wiese
The FPC sounds like your best hope. The more Californians invest in it, the more it will be able to continually use legal tools to maintain 2A.

I'd be crushed if someone stole the tools. My van is full of tools, no problemo so far (probably just jynxed it lol) Its unmarked, no windows and white. I had one crackhead try to open the door one day in a customer's driveway. Just walked up with a hammer and yelled fuck off. He did.

Customer then told me it was wrong to treat the underprivileged and unhoused that way.

I was so confused when she said it, genuinely incredulous moment for me.

bouncing-boobs-big-boob.gif
I had to defend my home and have had someone try to carjack me for my work van(sounds like the same setup as you, white no windows). The attempted car jacking I used nothing, I was eating my lunch and the guy tried to hold me up with what turned out to be a painted water pistol that broke when I grabbed it.

Funny part of that is all I had in my van was a bunch of moldy debris in bags. I was making a run to the dump.

if it means they'll stop coming to Texas. Sounds like a win to me.

Back