Are there any updates on the Jones USADA hearing?

giusti825

ßanned
@Silver
Reaction score
@dimspace

What's the deal? Are delays this long typical? Is Jones getting special treatment?

Is USADA required to release a statement or announcement after the hearing?

I don't understand how a program that takes this long to function is supposed to serve as an effective deterrent.

I want you to look up Stephen A. Smith, would you do that for me ?

I'm wondering the same thing but I'm expecting a 4 yr suspension. Seems to be what everyone is assuming.

I'm wondering the same thing but I'm expecting a 4 yr suspension. Seems to be what everyone is assuming.
4 years sounds about right for a repeat offender.

War USADA!

I can't even speculate on a punishment, but multiple time offender who admitted that his manager did the online PED tutorial for him.....

tenor.gif

I can't even speculate on a punishment, but multiple time offender who admitted that his manager did the online PED tutorial for him.....

tenor.gif
Lmao he also literally went on camera and said he beat Cormier off steroids twice with a awkward silence as if he didnt mean for it to come out of his mouth. <36>

Yes, he is clearly going to get suspended, but why this extremely long delay. How is USADA justifying it?

I'm curious about the process itself potentially being counter-productive due to inefficiency or corruption.

8 months sounds right to me. Let him bang bro

these processes take A WHILE. it's a bit annoying

There is no hearing. It's a private investigation, if Jones doesn't like the results he can choose to take it to a third party arbitrator.

@dimspace

What's the deal? Are delays this long typical? Is Jones getting special treatment?

I don't understand how a program that takes this long to function is supposed to serve as an effective deterrent.
From the time it was announced that Rothwell failed a test to the time his suspension was announced, it took 11 months.

I expect news between now and late June.

Yes, these things take time and this isn't abnormally long.

From violation to sanction announcement:
Barnett = 500 days (he fought throughout)
Rothwell = 425 days
Mir = 317 days
Francisco Rivera = 520 (he forged evidence and lied - which probably drug it out - which got his suspension doubled)
Tukhugov = 537
Magomedov = 587

Keep in kind that since the suspension starts from the date of violation, there's no incentive to rush the announcement. Jones is going to get 48-54 months and so whenever it's announced won't really matter.

Besides, Jones couldn't go 15 months between failed tests last time, no way he can go 4 years without a violation, and next time it's a lifetime ban.

Jones will NEVER fight in the UFC again.
great highlight in how USADA is just a terrrible organization. guys take literally years to have the result of their sentence. in barnett's case, he got fucked. is USADA going to compensate him?

@dimspace

hearing may well have already happened. just waiting on decision

the hearings are held by mcclaren group. Usada will not announce when the hearing is, or if the hearing has taken place. only people who can release that information are Jones team

When McClaren make their decision and give USADA their full reasoned decision (that can be 3-4 weeks after the hearing), then USADA will announce it

its really not been that long. justice does move slowly, but part of the reason for that is actually to protect the athletes. all the way through the process they are given 21 days to submit this, 30 days to submit that, etc etc.

delays in this particular case dont really matter anyway, Jones wont be fighting anytime soon

+ lets say a fighter gets tested on january 1st.
+ that sample is analysed by the lab on january 20th
+ its positive, usada informed..
+ usada spend a few days checking all the facts, making sure theres no issues and inform the athlete say, on 23rd
+ athlete given right to a provision telephone hearing, that takes a few days so has phone hearing on 29th
+ athlete provisionally suspended
+ athlete then given opportunity to have b-sample analysed, has 21 days to decide that
+ athlete takes the full 21 days to decide, requests b sample but asks to attend in person, that takes another week to sort out a convenient time
+ b-sample opened and analysed in late february
+ athlete notified of b-sample positive and asked to give any response, reasoning for positive test.. given 30 days to respond
+ athelte uses entire 30 days, responds to usada late march
+ usada looks over the athletes submission, that takes a couple of weeks.. now in mid april
+ usada requests more information from the athlete, athlete gets that request late april, given 30 days to respond
+ in late may athlete requests continuance to put together more info, given further 30 days
+ middle of june athlete finally sends more info to usada including a list of supplements.
+ usada look over it, another couple of weeks, then arranges to go out and independantly purchases supplements listed.. we are now well into July
+ Lab analyse the 15-20 supplements, provide all the results to usada, we are now into august.
+ usada inform athlete of testing results, make offer of 2 year suspension, athlete given 21 days to respond
+ athlete rejects USADA's offer, its now nearly september, makes counter offer
+ end of september usada inform athlete of final offer, accept or go to arbitration, additioanl 21 days to respond
+ early october, athlete rejects offer, requests arbitiration
+sent arbitration paperwork, forms to request number of arbitrators, make payment or claim financial hardship, another 21 days
+ now into november, athlete claims financial hardship and requests waiver of abritration fee.. sends everything to mcclaren, now november.
+ mcclarent respond to athlete with financial decision and also offering hearing date (no sooner than 30 days) so offer date in early january
+ athlete cannot attend set date in january, requests delay, new date granted in late january
+ late january hearing takes place, mcclaren go off to make their decision
+ late february reasoned decision announced

none of those delays are anything out of the ordinary, but that would take over a year to get a result.

Last edited:
great highlight in how USADA is just a terrrible organization. guys take literally years to have the result of their sentence. in barnett's case, he got fucked. is USADA going to compensate him?
barnett didnt get fucked

he wasnt eligible to fight anyway, he had left the testing pool prior to being informed of his positive

so theres no case for compensation, he couldnt have fought anyway

Personally I think 4 years MINIMUM, due to the fact that he is a habitual offender with drugs and over all recklessness.

If he were anyone else and did the Shit he has done, his ass would be sitting in a prison cell right now.

Back