Are there more conspiracy theory enjoyers then ever before?

Yeah because there's a lot of weird shit going on nowadays that, combined with the internet and social media, isn't being as easily hidden from the public eye. And everyone is affected by it too, even if they'd like to think they're above it. I work with a girl in her 20s who didn't shut up about covid conspiracy theories etc being nonsense but as a Palestine supporter, now shrieks about how the media is refusing to show the Palestine side of the story. It's like, hang on, "the Jews controlling the media" is the oldest conspiracy theory in the book....

Yeah because there's a lot of weird shit going on nowadays that, combined with the internet and social media, isn't being as easily hidden from the public eye. And everyone is affected by it too, even if they'd like to think they're above it. I work with a girl in her 20s who didn't shut up about covid conspiracy theories etc being nonsense but as a Palestine supporter, now shrieks about how the media is refusing to show the Palestine side of the story. It's like, hang on, "the Jews controlling the media" is the oldest conspiracy theory in the book....

I realize with social media, "alternative" information, and fake media and ai, it seems most people cannot distinguish from what's real and fake anymore. I can look at a video of something as simple as a fish on instagram and there are tons of people claiming that it's fake. It's literally just a fish..what's so fake about it. So no wonder people believe in crazy shit. Most people are also stupid so they are getting more and more confused. On top of the woke stuff (What's a woman or a man?), we are starting to no longer live in a shared reality.

When I was a teenager I thought the government was covering up UFOs, but it seemed fairly fringe. Now birds are fake, the earth is flat, and dinosaurs were never real.

Do people just believe everything now

It rather seems more people don't believe anything anymore. My grandparents just basically believed the news on television 100%. Now there are more people that don't believe blindly and a part of them also don't believe things from the main stream media that are actually true.

It used to be that there were only a handful of gatekeepers to information. These few gatekeepers have their own agenda, and beliefs.

Now due to the internet, radio, and newer cable news outlets there are many more sources of information.

You just need to look into it <EdgyBrah> they're poisoning the well, they're scared and can't us having the truth
<209Bitch><{Joewithit}>

Local in state college has one of those van guys with all the stickers. Birds are fake and are spies.
Somewhere along the way he had to sign a user agreement that makes this the comical kind of mental illness.

I love a good CT, or ancient civ mystery, but I equally love debunking them or trying to. There's so much well produced info on Youtube alone, so being a visual person, it's easy to go down various rabbit holes.

Except today conspiracy theory now just means any fact or discussion damaging to the leftwing narrative being perpetuated by big government, big tech, big education, big pharma, and the MSM.

They are fun to read , but I try not to get wrapped up in them.

I have a family member whose hardcore into them. They believe you shouldn't be around people who get the vaccine for 48 hours as they are more likely to get COVID during that time and "shed" flakes of the strand to others...wish I was making this up.

When people are convinced to reject traditional religion the natural human tendancies for more simple and therefore powerful explanations of events finds itself a new religion in the form of conspiracy.

We have evolved to see patterns where there are none because that's better than not seeing them where they are.

We have evolved to perceived a mind behind things because that is the lever by which our theory of mind allows us to predict the things behaviour. For example your mail box is knocked over, immediately you imagine the intent that made that happen, the arguement with your neighbour, rather than thinking it fell over of its own accord.

Humans are quite simple once you start observing them.

Birds are obviously all drones powered by the rich elite who fly them into shops and peoples houses to steal things. This is how they stay wealthy.

<seedat>

The ones with blue name is paid by the Illuminati, NWO, and the lizards. It all make sense if you think about it.
dog-creepy-look.gif

The birds arnt real started off as a joke/meme on reddit or 4chan.

I've not encountered someone that believes it, it's just having a fun of conspiracy theories.

Now birds are fake, the earth is flat, and dinosaurs were never real.

99% of people don't believe that. Folks just focus on the 1% (generous estimate) and say "people are so stupid/gullible nowadays!"

Lemme tell you... in the 90s, long before you could go on YouTube and get sucked into a conspiracy theory black hole about the illuminati, I'd be walking in the streets of NYC and there'd be dudes in the streets screaming about Yacub (the evil scientist who created the white man) or some other weird conspiracy theory.

This is nothing new.

Last edited:
99% of people don't believe that. Folks just focus on the 1% (generous estimate) and say "people are so stupid/gullible nowadays!"

Lemme tell you... in the 90s, long before you can go on YouTube and get sucked into a conspiracy theory black hole about the illuminati, I'd be walking in the streets of NYC and there'd be dudes in the streets screaming about Yacub (the evil scientist who created the white man) or some other weird conspiracy theory.

This is nothing new.
I went to school with one of those kids. He said black people were God’s children because they stayed out in the sun all the time (which is why they had black skin), while White people were children of the devil and lived in dark caves away from the sun (which is why they had White skin).

I miss those times, lol.

Back