Are there more conspiracy theory enjoyers then ever before?

Yeah because there's a lot of weird shit going on nowadays that, combined with the internet and social media, isn't being as easily hidden from the public eye. And everyone is affected by it too, even if they'd like to think they're above it. I work with a girl in her 20s who didn't shut up about covid conspiracy theories etc being nonsense but as a Palestine supporter, now shrieks about how the media is refusing to show the Palestine side of the story. It's like, hang on, "the Jews controlling the media" is the oldest conspiracy theory in the book....
Well american media maybe, which is always extremely biased / propaganda. The German and French speaking media, which is where I get my info, have been rather balanced in showing both sides of the Hamas Israel war IMO, which is refreshing.

in the case of the Russian invasion of Ukraine it was a mean Putin but but what about nice ukrainians circle jerk all around.

I went to school with one of those kids. He said black people were God’s children because they stayed out in the sun all the time (which is why they had black skin), while White people were children of the devil and lived in dark caves away from the sun (which is why they had White skin).

I miss those times, lol.

Lol. There are so many strange lores. Folks can interpret religious text however they please.

Some of them believe that Esau (Jacob's twin brother from the Book of Genesis) was the first white man - he was described as red, hairy, and loved to hunt.

Meanwhile - Mormons believed that black people were a curse that God put on Cain (the brother of Abel) and his descendants. Some other folks believe black people are a curse that Noah's son Ham received for seeing his father naked.

It's wild.

Last edited:
Yes, 100%. Mostly because people's access to information FAR exceeds their ability to evaluate that information. Partly because actual conspiracies do happen.

But the worst of it is that the internet has allowed all the crazies to sort of row in the same direction. 10,000 crazies used to believe 10,000 different nonsensical things. Now they're on the same page, and they know the lizard men and Hugo Chavez did 9/11 to cover up the flat earth.

Birds are fake?

They are fun to get involved in. Modern equivalent of telling ghost stories around the fire, only CTs actually get proven to exist sometimes.

They are fun to get involved in. Modern equivalent of telling ghost stories around the fire, only CTs actually get proven to exist sometimes.
Nowadays the biggest difference between a conspiracy theory and a fact is time.

I don’t mean the traditional conspiracy theories like Bigfoot, but rather the media labeled conspiracy theories like “anti-vaxxers” and “election deniers.”

Nowadays the biggest difference between a conspiracy theory and a fact is time.

I don’t mean the traditional conspiracy theories like Bigfoot, but rather the media labeled conspiracy theories like “anti-vaxxers” and “election deniers.”
That is true. Reminds me of a joke in the P&M section where someone mentioned it was funny how every so often, some files become unclassified or leaked, where the government goes "Yeah, we did that. What can you do about it now???" Something along those lines.

It all comes out in the wash eventually.

'Conspiracy theory' and 'conspiracy theorist' are basically conditioned trigger words. When such words are uttered, the public has been conditioned in such a way that it brings to their mind a cognitive schema of drooling lunatics incapable of logical thought and an associated constellation of negative associations. When criticism is levied against the state in any way, for example against unconstitutional and extremely damaging policies during the pandemic, all the state has to do is utter the magic words for most criticism to be safely cast aside, and many whom would have agreed with such valid criticisms feel pressured to shut up out of fear of being ridiculed. It's interesting how so few people seem to understand what these words mean, how they're being used in practice and how useful they are to powerful interests on a more meta-level.

quote-you-are-entitled-to-your-opinion-but-you-are-not-entitled-to-your-own-facts-daniel-patrick-moynihan-36-8-0815.jpg

They are fun to read , but I try not to get wrapped up in them.

I have a family member whose hardcore into them. They believe you shouldn't be around people who get the vaccine for 48 hours as they are more likely to get COVID during that time and "shed" flakes of the strand to others...wish I was making this up.
it's actually 14 days after they get the vaccine, that's when they count as being vaccinated

Thought exercise.
Which of these statements is more likely to be true?

A) People of wealth and power conspire to push their own interests above the interests of the general public.

B) People of wealth and power do not conspire to push their own interests above the interests of the general public.

Then think about how much effort is put into perpetuating the idea that conspiracies are only the concern of crazy people.

C) People of wealth and power push conspiracy theories to distract the gullible and take their money.

Sure, but there's also been an influx of neckbeard skeptics, that aren't even real skeptics, as they never apply their standards to official narratives.

They're the conspirator's best allies.

Lol. There are so many strange lores. Folks can interpret religious text however they please.

Some of them believe that Esau (Jacob's twin brother from the Book of Genesis) was the first white man - he was described as red, hairy, and loved to hunt.

Meanwhile - Mormons believed that black people were a curse that God put on Cain (the brother of Abel) and his descendants. Some other folks believe black people are a curse that Noah's son Ham received for seeing his father naked.

It's wild.

Yeah was going to mention that part about Ham and being black due to a curse, It was one of the things that white christians used to justify the slave trade in america back in the day lol

'Conspiracy theory' and 'conspiracy theorist' are basically conditioned trigger words. When such words are uttered, the public has been conditioned in such a way that it brings to their mind a cognitive schema of drooling lunatics incapable of logical thought and an associated constellation of negative associations. When criticism is levied against the state in any way, for example against unconstitutional and extremely damaging policies during the pandemic, all the state has to do is utter the magic words for most criticism to be safely cast aside, and many whom would have agreed with such valid criticisms feel pressured to shut up out of fear of being ridiculed. It's interesting how so few people seem to understand what these words mean, how they're being used in practice and how useful they are to powerful interests on a more meta-level.

Yeah it was originally used as a term to try and silence people.
As others have mentioned, theres been plenty that have come true.
MK Ultra, COINTELPRO, bay of pigs just to name a few.

I like when people link crazy conspiracies back to you.

Oh you didn't want to take the covid vaccine? All you flat earth CTers are the same.

Known in my inner circle as a perspicacious observationalist, I give credence to the often ridiculed notion that many conspiracy theories are true, or at least contain half truths.

Back