Are UFC fans afraid to admit that Jones fights are mostly boring?

Jon Jones has finished a lot of big fights and hasn't lost a lot of rounds. That's been entertaining.

It's boring because we know he'll win, which wasnt the case against DC. Was hilarious that anyone thought Gus had a shot in hell in the rematch.

Why is that hilarious? Gus always had a better shot at Jones then DC ever did

Ufc geeks are so obsessed with "domination" they would rather not admit that Jones fights are like watching paint dry.

Why can't you just admit hes boring???

Almost no UFC fans like Jones lol

I think he is very technical and getting better. I think he is overly cautious though, there was this one interaction with Smith and him both on the ground. Jones didn't want to risk going into Smith's guard and was punching on his knees.
Strikingwise he is adding new tools to his game. He is actually improving as a champion which is really rare. Look at all the current UFC champions, how many are actually improving their game? They are all at a certain level and doing what they do best to win.

Jones has become like GSP, Mayweather... Been at the top for so long and riding such a long win streak that now he's gonna play it extra safe to ensure he doesn't lose. Unless someone brings the heat to him and forces him to get more aggressive (the way Gus did the first time, the way Hendricks did to GSP, Maidana to Mayweather...), he's fine coasting on a boring decision win.
Mayweather turned "boring" because his hands became brittle

He's dominating opponents and taking no damage most the time. There's not much incentive for him to change anything. It up to his opponents to try to make it a dogfight.

mr_t_bol_jones_2.png

#tbol

I understand his opponents turn into defensive shells, because one wrong move, their likely to be taken down and finished.

Fight with Bader wasn’t boring.
Fight with Vera wasn’t boring.
Fight with shogun wasn’t boring.
Fight with Rampage wasn’t boring.
Fight with Rashad wasn’t boring.
Fight with Machida wasn’t boring.
Fight with Vitor wasn’t boring.
Fights with Gus weren’t boring.
Fights with Cormier weren’t boring.
lol

Fight with Bader wasn’t boring.
Fight with Vera wasn’t boring.
Fight with shogun wasn’t boring.
Fight with Rampage wasn’t boring.
Fight with Rashad wasn’t boring.
Fight with Machida wasn’t boring.
Fight with Vitor wasn’t boring.
Fights with Gus weren’t boring.
Fights with Cormier weren’t boring.

Fights with Rampage and Rashad were boring as hell

Dude ufc fans including ones on this forum stand on tops of mountains and scream at the top of their lungs that gsp is a well rounded fighter, exciting fighter, and the goat of MMA. You think they'll say a peep about JJ?

Jones doesn't have to take high risks and he wants to fight again with a short turnaround so he can't afford injuries even the ones you get while beating someone up and hitting them the wrong way or in the wrong place

So if the other guys is going to let him he is going to just beat you methodically and as low risk tactically and physically for himself, it's up to his opponent to realize they are going to lose the decision and go for it and force more action

Why is that hilarious? Gus always had a better shot at Jones then DC ever did

imo the best version of Gus could still beat Jones, but i already knew after the Shogun fight, that Gus would never be the LHW champion.

Gus is the white version of Lewis ... wtf was his gameplan vs Jones? lmfao

Dude ufc fans including ones on this forum stand on tops of mountains and scream at the top of their lungs that gsp is a well rounded fighter, exciting fighter, and the goat of MMA. You think they'll say a peep about JJ?

Lol

I think Jones' fights are riveting to watch.

Hes a boring fighter who couldnt even finish a can but hes not a boring personality

imo the best version of Gus could still beat Jones, but i already knew after the Shogun fight, that Gus would never be the LHW champion.

Gus is the white version of Lewis ... wtf was his gameplan vs Jones? lmfao
Gus and Lewis are completely different kind of fighters, there is nothing same about them!

Back