Social Are You A Breeder Or An Achiever?

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Or maybe neither?

This video asserts that you can't self-actualize if you have kids and I tend to agree. Also mentions people who have kids have a lower IQ on average than those who don't and if you lack skills and creativity, having children is the cope of being incapable of achieving anything. What do you think? Do kids shut your life down for 18+ years or can achievement and parenthood coexist?

In terms of "success" I think it's actually the opposite for men. True for women though.

But you can have a developed career and make money without "self-actualizing." Achieving things don't mean much but better than people who think having kids is an achievement.

Fun fact

In my country college educated people have more kids than non educated

(Explains why im not going to have them lol)

huh? i woulda pegged you as someone paying child support for a least 5 kids.

Guess there are always exceptions to the rule heh?

i am just fukkin' with u... :p

I don't know, I don't have kids ...that I know of and I seem to be pretty successful so far. So math checks out I guess?
"So far?" Arent you in the endgame of life already? Just say you're successful. And yea when I saw this I thought of you, actually.

Or maybe neither?

This video asserts that you can't self-actualize if you have kids and I tend to agree. Also mentions people who have kids have a lower IQ on average than those who don't and if you lack skills and creativity, having children is the cope of being incapable of achieving anything. What do you think? Do kids shut your life down for 18+ years or can achievement and parenthood coexist?

Having children is a great part of self actualization.

If you know how to focus and prioritize your life, you can continue to make achievements while raising new life in a way that the children can also do the same in the future.

I am both someone who has children and achieves things.

I've gotten farther in life because of my kids.

I was kinda lazy until I had kids. But once I became a dad I knew I had to get off my ass and outwork everyone around me. There was no way in hell that my kids were going to grow up poor like I did.

I've gotten farther in life because of my kids.

I was kinda lazy until I had kids. But once I became a dad I knew I had to get off my ass and outwork everyone around me. There was no way in hell that my kids were going to grow up poor like I did.
See this is kinda what I got going on now. Can't be a piece of shit when you're the role model and provider for little ones.

seems like sour grapes
and an overreaction to many homebodys saying if you dont kids and a family you are wasting your life.

seems like too complex a topic to try and squish between two extreme points of view

but to each their own and what not

"You can rationalize anything and make it sound pretty good. Convincing a generation of talented and intelligent people to not have kids is a bit of a psyop; if you happen to end up with no kids then that's fine but to encourage people to end their bloodline and focus on personal achievement that can be just as meaningless as "wasting time" on raising good children is not a good argument."

Sounds bout right from the comments

"You can rationalize anything and make it sound pretty good. Convincing a generation of talented and intelligent people to not have kids is a bit of a psyop; if you happen to end up with no kids then that's fine but to encourage people to end their bloodline and focus on personal achievement that can be just as meaningless as "wasting time" on raising good children is not a good argument."

Sounds bout right from the comments
True and achievements don't really matter anyhow, just a form of masturbating after a certain amount has been achieved

Or maybe neither?

I'm not really familiar with these concepts and terminologies and don't want to watch the video, but I'm a total achiever. No wife, no kids. I want to stay single and build my net worth before retiring...

Back