Social Are You A Breeder Or An Achiever?

I mean, should we make a list of massively successful people that had kids? Elon, Jobs, damn near every President, even the sociopathic egomaniac Vince McMahon had 2 kids.

Kids were my motivator, still are. Had them early and I do make ok money, and my wife hasn’t taken everything yet ;)

I didn't train jiu Jitsu before I had kids. Now I am a Brown Belt, checkmate YouTubers.

Everybody who has kids says it's the best thing on earth, even the weirdo "child free" types end up changing their minds if they somehow have them.

I mean, should we make a list of massively successful people that had kids? Elon, Jobs, damn near every President, even the sociopathic egomaniac Vince McMahon had 2 kids.
Yeah the maker of the video is getting roasted in the comments. I'm simply saying it's easier to achieve whatever without the constraints of children. Say you wanna go back to school. Gotta arrange daycare, make sure you can afford it, tailor your schedule around the kids, etc. But it's important to remember we were all an inconvenience at one point.

Everybody who has kids says it's the best thing on earth, even the weirdo "child free" types end up changing their minds if they somehow have them.
Yeah even the radical feminist I know eventually shit out a kid but swore off having two lol

Just me personally, but I think raising a good human and loving and receiving love is a larger accomplishment than work success. Without my kids my life would be a selfish one....how much money can I make, how many material things can I have? Where is my next pleasure coming from? When you live for others, life is different.

Yeah the maker of the video is getting roasted in the comments. I'm simply saying it's easier to achieve whatever without the constraints of children. Say you wanna go back to school. Gotta arrange daycare, make sure you can afford it, tailor your schedule around the kids, etc. But it's important to remember we were all an inconvenience at one point.
Now that I agree with.

It’s ok.

Soon we will all be able to live forever thus not requiring procreation.

Self actualization and IQ’s will rise across the globe and climate change solutions will materialize imminently thereby creating a sustainable earth.

Amen.

Just me personally, but I think raising a good human and loving and receiving love is a larger accomplishment than work success. Without my kids my life would be a selfish one....how much money can I make, how many material things can I have? Where is my next pleasure coming from? When you live for others, life is different.

The hustle and grind culture has a lot of bs to it. I respect a hardworking ethic but sometimes it's about fooling people into eating the boss man's bs in the name of the "grind".

Nothing wrong with contentment and working to live.

We should treat all life with respect, but unfortunately not everyone thinks that way.

If people want kids, fine. If people don't want kids, it's also fine. People come from various backgrounds and have various opinions on having kids and extending the line.

Passing on genes is a natural, narrow-minded view. It won't be important to everybody, but it may be important to those who are related to it. We as humans are selfish, or tribal in nature at most. Those who look at the worldview, that trait may be an added benefit, but not essentially a core one.

Of course, live and let live. Life is short and everyone should feel free to live it however they see fit.

I was more commenting about people like the clown who said "Higher IQ who don't have any kids have massive mental health issues. " earlier in the thread.

It's funny how massively judgmental people become when you say that you aren't interested in having kids. I mean, just look through this page of comments alone...

Lower IQ people have kids early. higher IQ have kids later.

Higher IQ who don't have any kids have massive mental health issues.

Is there anything else to argue

My "like" is for the first part of your post. Idk about the mental health issues thing. Lol

Yo wtf is self-actualizing?
I thought it was one of these red pill terms or something but everyone is using the phrase so I feel like I’m just out of the loop.

edit: had to google it
A-Realistic-Beginner%E2%80%99s_Guide_to_Self-Actualization-1296x1383-Infographic.20200227173912068.jpg

But on topic I respect people who don’t have kids and go on to be high achievers. I also respect people who have kids and live normal family lives.

But I respect the hell out of people who do both. They don’t have to be mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
My "like" is for the first part of your post. Idk about the mental health issues thing. Lol
Every “smart” older person I know who doesn’t have kid is an absolute weirdo.

Could just be a sampling bias but I feel like if you don’t have a family or kids when you’re older you just failed socially.

Although the only couple older couple I know who doesn’t have kids is in their 60-70’s. They are super rich and own a bunch of prime real estate. They also own 3 dogs and call them their kids. The male also owns a Porsche and told me when I was 10 it was pronounced “porsha”

The idea is pretty flawed. A huge part of achieving success in life is opportunity, and having kids is often a bonus when creating opportunities for yourself.

Or maybe neither?

This video asserts that you can't self-actualize if you have kids and I tend to agree. Also mentions people who have kids have a lower IQ on average than those who don't and if you lack skills and creativity, having children is the cope of being incapable of achieving anything. What do you think? Do kids shut your life down for 18+ years or can achievement and parenthood coexist?

Dumb. Just depends. My brother has kids and he's been doing big things for a while. Makes like half a mill a year. I on the other hand also have kids and am not doing big things.

Or maybe neither?

This video asserts that you can't self-actualize if you have kids and I tend to agree. Also mentions people who have kids have a lower IQ on average than those who don't and if you lack skills and creativity, having children is the cope of being incapable of achieving anything. What do you think? Do kids shut your life down for 18+ years or can achievement and parenthood coexist?

Lets see....

every president of usa has been married
bill gates has been married

so there are your limits married dudes....

Back