Are you getting ready?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
The world is turning into a hellhole. The riots in London could very well happen over here in the US. Are you guys doing anything to prepare yourself? Also, the recent trend of the flash mob beatings are on the rise to make things worse.

I have stock up on ammo over the last two yrs but i could use more. i have aroud 2k rds of 9mm and 500 of 45 and 1k rds of .357. Most of it pratice rds but my glock chew up anything and never had a problem with my .357 but the .45 hates cheap shit(Picky bitch).

Just bought around 5k more rounds of .45 ACP, 9mm and 5.56 through private sales. My buddy has 114k rounds of .357 alone.

I live in Canada where we're not legally entitled to protect ourselves.

....nah, it's not that bad, but our criminals have a shocking amount of rights.

2 guys I grew up with murdered a man by stomping his head in outside of a bar, went to trial, but because they couldn't tell who landed 'the killing blow'... so they let them both off.. despite video evidence and witness reports they boot fucked the guy until dead. buuut they didn't mean to kill him, so it's all good.

no flash mobs where I personally live yet, but I'd want to run through that crowd with a fucking chainsaw. that shit is ridiculous.. and insanely scary. god people fucking suck.

Nope. Not in a recession over here. Things are golden, fairly isolated from much of the economy we don't control, has always been more violent than most places.

There is no "preparation" for World collapse. Even if you have a good stock-pile, without your community behind you, you're fucked. And eventually, that community is fucked.

There is no "preparation" for World collapse. Even if you have a good stock-pile, without your community behind you, you're fucked. And eventually, that community is fucked.

Thats true. Thats why since i live in a surbun type neighor i am friends with all.my nieghbors. I talk to them all the time and we look out for each other. We have block parties every fell months to celebrate something,kid gradution,son coming home from oversea to fourth of july party.

Picked up 200 rounds of 9mm and 200 of 5.56 FMJ yesterday haha I also cleaned my guns :)

I have been meaning to buy some guns. Anybody know a good gunshop on Long Island?

Funny, this whole SHTF has created a new industry. Last year I took a wilderness survival course in California, and boy was business booming. I am seeing these schools all over popping up. Just for fun of course. I am not an extreme survivalist, but it is good to pick up new hobbies

I also took a defensive firearms course recently, and these schools are popping up all over as well.

I have been prepping for a while now, and I try to prep in ways that will benefit me in real life as well.

For instance:
-My most recent prep is starting a garden. Certainly the skills and already having plants in the ground will help me if SHTF but it's also cheap and delicious food I can eat on a regular basis.
-Food stockpile. I have enough food for probably 6 months. Most of the food is stuff I actually eat, so I cycle through it. Plus if a non SHTF emergency were to crop up I could eat for free for 6 months(like loss of job, lawsuit, or something that required me to spend a bunch of money). Ideally I would have a lot more but for now it is what it is.
-Guns and ammo. I love shooting, so prepping in this way feeds my hobby. By picking up a little bit of ammo every month/every time I go to Walmart I have built up a significant stockpile of ammo without much of a ding to my paycheck. Now every time I go shooting, I already have ammo to bring.
-Water Filtration. I use my Big Berkey to filter the tap water I drink every day. I never buy bottled water and I have a legit filter system if SHTF.
-Training. Most SHTF skills are applicable-even if rarely-in regular life. Defensive firearms training, first-aid, gardening, construction/electrical skills, etc are all still useful in non SHTF situations.

There are a lot more examples but that's all I'm going to post.

Best of luck to everyone with their preps,
-corporateslave

But the fear makes the ammo makers a ton of money....

I like to keep a couple thousand rounds or so for the AKs, and if I find a really compelling price I may pick up extra, but I don't as a rule, keep a ton of ammo for all my guns. I have 60-80 rds of .45 ACP, the same in 9mm, about 15 rds of 12 ga 00 buck (and a 5-rd box of slugs), and a little 7.62x39.
I may buy a bunch before the election, though, as prices will skyrocket....

Before you go off and blow your wad on weapons and ammo, the first thing you should ask yourself is: If someone in my family was seriously injured, am i prepared and capable of helping them? This includes basic EMS care, medication to treat infections and lacerations and the knowledge to assess triage conditions. If your answer is No, then you are horribly unprepared.

The thing about ammo is that you'll never have enough, it runs out quick, can become unusable even quicker. Intermediate first aid skills are FAR more likely to save your ass than a box of .45

Do you know how to do basic self repair on a small engine? Do you know how to hunt and trap animals WITHOUT a firearm? Do you know basic woodsman skills like constructing temporary structures, determining which plants are edible, land navigation water collection and purification? Can you build a fire without the use of temporary combustibles? If the answer is no, you are proper f--ked.

Until you have a strong grasp on the above, anything else is just icing on a hollow cake.

Yes wilderness survival, and some medical knowledge are important.

Here is the wilderness survival school I trained at

Survival Training School of California; The Ultimate Wilderness Survival School

It is located in Kern County CA. It is a really beautiful county by the way. The school will teach you all the basic like fire starting, building traps, finding water and purifying, plus useful plants and how to use them for medicine, and what not.

The place I did my defensive firearms training also offer first aid, or what they call Tactical EMS: Pathfinder Operations - Oneonta, NY

But the fear makes the ammo makers a ton of money....

I like to keep a couple thousand rounds or so for the AKs, and if I find a really compelling price I may pick up extra, but I don't as a rule, keep a ton of ammo for all my guns. I have 60-80 rds of .45 ACP, the same in 9mm, about 15 rds of 12 ga 00 buck (and a 5-rd box of slugs), and a little 7.62x39.
I may buy a bunch before the election, though, as prices will skyrocket....

Shit. Same here. I need to get some "panic" ammo buys out of the way before next year. Got about 500 5.56 (will get 500 more at the next Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot), but could use more .40sw.

Why do people spend all their money buying so much ammunition and guns? When was the last time any of you guys shot at a person..? Sounds to me like most of the ammo just sits in your houses collecting dust...

Last edited:
Why do people spend all their money buying so much ammunition and guns? When was the last time any of you guys shot at a person..? Sounds to me like most of the ammo just sits in your houses collecting dust...

If you shoot to get better you use a lot of ammunition. you're not proficient in a firearm til you've fired it at least 1000 times. Not sure on the gun front. Some people want lots of guns, some or fine with 2 or 3.

I have a single stage press. I'll be getting a progressive press in the near future. During the Obama scare when ammo was scarce, I had enough brass to fill a 55 gallon drum. Learn to reload, it's cheaper.

Ammo is one product that lasts a long time, so if you anticipate even just using 100 rounds a year for practice, it makes sense to buy a few hundred rounds in bulk since in 5 years the price will almost certainly be higher; and definitely higher if you buy it one box of 50 at a time.

Most ammo also doesn't take up much space, surprisingly. 2000 rounds of .22lr for example can fit in an empty coffee can; and 1000 rounds of 5.56 takes up about as much space as value pack of waffles. Shotgun shells can use up some space though.

I'm just a cheap bastard and will buy whenever its on sale. Like others have said. Ammo has a good shelf life as long as you store it correctly.

I'm not stocking up for armagedeon. But I do have a some food,water purification, survival stuff for a natural disaster.

I'm an air force brat. Grew in the Pacific going through enough typhoons and not haveing any water, transportation etc to know how much it sucks when not prepared.

I'm good to go on ammo, guns, and water. I'm working on food now. I've got go bags for me, my wife, and my son in case we need to leave quickly. We have an emergency evacuation plan and a place to stay long term. You can't be prepared for everything, but that's no excuse not to try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Konster1
Back