Are you happy with where MMA is and going?

Who cares, it's just fights. I care about my own life more. Time flyes oh my, we getting old boys. It's quiet scary. Pride, Crocop, K1. Now it's old.

For some reason I forget about WEC. Agreed, it was so good!

Bushido was awesome too.
Yeah WEC was awesome, so many great fights in that show, and so many great fighters. I was shocked when it was ended because the WEC shows were always sold out, never an empty seat and it had a very good following.

That period of MMA was so good, it will never be there again. Like WWF and WCW period, all good things fizzle out

A lot of people mistake their opinions for facts.

It may well be true that his interest in WMMA is at an all time low.
I mean, as long as they aren't allowing any more men to compete in WMMA like that disgrace of a clownshow they had a while back, I think WMMA will be just fine.

it has been going downhill for a while, I stopped watching for a bit until the UFC came back from the pandemic before other sports, I think they peaked from 2006-2011

eh, no? who's for watered-down cards and no-name champs and immediate rematches all day long?

I miss the days where juggernauts existed. Having champions that almost seemed invincible that often defeated their opponents before the fight even started were the best days of mma. Belts change hands too often now and ppv are too expensive.

The single biggest change is that Dana has made the fights about the UFC brand and less about individual fighters. Not having superstars is a feature not a bug when you run a company that way. However..

The second biggest change is that he is making the UFC an international company not just an American one. To do this he does need fighters with star power in different countries. So...

You create a star from a country/region then assimilate them and their fans into the growing UFC borg. Conor, Khabib, Israel all fit this model.

Wash, rinse and repeat.

Im a fight fan from before the UFC,and so Im not as triggered as some of you by some of the "money" decisions going on with the match making. It does suck when guys like Belal get screwed,but its not surprising.

There are good and bad things happening,as with anything.

Back