Are you okay with Aldo getting a TS after last night?

Its definitely the wrong call, and its not fair to give it to the loser

At the same time idgaf, TJs gunna come back on some usman shit and wreck everyone

I could easily see that fight going toward Aldo or being scored a draw (though I don't really have a problem giving Marlon the W). The fact that he fought such an even fight with a dominant #1 contender like Marlon places him very high up in bantamweight. That said, I think he needs to be in the win column proper before he gets a title shot. Give him Sterling or something, I dunno

Absolutely, I believe he won the Moraes fight. I find it funny how some Moraes fans can say with a straight face that Aldo didn't win

Id do Aldo vs Cejudo, Yan vs Marlon for #1 contender and tell those guys whichever losses is still only 1 win away from a TS.

Marlon vs cejudo

Aldo vs yan

Those are the legitimate fights to make

Let's stop enabling unwarranted title shots.

#SportOverProfit

It was a very close fight im not sure how people can say it was clear cut 1 way or another. It was 1-1 going into the 3rd round.Aldo pressured, Marlon threw heavier shots. I thought Aldo won but not surprised he didn't get the nod. If the fight was for #1 contender they should have made it a 5 rounder.

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

the problem is the judges fuck it up all the time and everyone accepts it. they'd be setting a precedent giving Aldo a shot. i know other people like Chael and Edgar have gotten shots coming off losses, but those were different circumstances. there's clearly people in line for the title shot before Aldo even thought of coming to the weight class. now he's going to hop over them with a fucking loss?

i mean, if that's the case why is there even rankings or anything? they should just be like Pride and match whoever they want up with the champion.
I hear what you're saying, but "after a loss" doesn't really apply if it was a bad judges decision... & I'd also say that Aldo isn't exactly some nobody who is just rolling in. He's a legend who was the only UFC champ for a very long time... & went down & beat the #1 contender. I don't think much of fake losses. Aldo won in my eyes, so that commentary is out the window for me regarding him getting a title shot off of a loss.

Mods, hook a dogger up with a poll...

I'm not mad at it (not Aldo fanboy bias) tbh. Frankie got 2 TS off of losses and Romero will probably be getting one soon as well coming off a loss.

Plus , Dana and many fans including myself had Aldo winning that fight . Aldo is a legend and looked fantastic in his BW debut against a dangerous and explosive #1 CONTENDER so fuck it, book it pink goof.

Cejudo also thinks Aldo won and wants that fight. All the more reason to get this thing booked, I'm so fucking excited.

2020 BW Champ
View attachment 694637
WAR ALDO
Cejudo doesn't care who actually won between Aldo and Moraes, he's just calling out the biggest name which he thinks will get him more money.
he's ducking the actual no.1 contender Petr Yan

Is anyone really gonna argue against it THAT hard? The people love aldo. I love aldo. Everyone loves the man. Since losing his title he’s gotten raw deal after raw deal. It’s time for this man to take back his throne one more time.

What raw deals did he get?

He tries to coast when he thinks he’s winning.
And he fights ill-advisedly aggressively against superior opponents.

He did just fine, he was a long time champ, his time passed, AND HE LOST HIS MOST RECENT FIGHT.

Absolutely, I believe he won the Moraes fight. I find it funny how some Moraes fans can say with a straight face that Aldo didn't win

lol. I'm not a fan of Moraes, but he clearly won if you understand how the fights are scored. I find it funny that anyone can say with a straight face that Aldo did win.

Marlon won the start of round 1 and ended it on top. He was landing better strikes throughout as well. Clear round for Marlon.

Aldo won the 2nd round with complete ease, but it wasn't enough for a 10-8 by any means.

In the third, Moraes started stronger. He then spent the next 3 or so mins not wanting to engage. Aldo was only chasing, but he wasn't really landing, and when they did exchange, Marlon was getting the better of it. It stil could've gone either way in this round, but Marlon turned up the pace a little in the last minute or so and clearly claimed the round.

In the end, it was an obvious 29-28 win for Marlon.

I mean, I'm a hardcore fan

but I really don't give too much of a shit about that

Aldo's a legend and I feel it'd make for an intriguing match-up so I'm down for it lol

NO way Aldo won that fight. Who gives a fuck if Aldo was pressing forward and cutting off Marlon if Aldo wasn't throwing or landing strikes? I'm a fan of both but Aldo did not win that fight.

Back