Media Arman Tsarukyan surviving Charles Oliveira's guillotine attempt

Oliveira used to be one of my favourite fighters, but his fans absolutely ruined him for me. Hopefully now that he's lost TEN TIMES in the UFC, people can just appreciate him for what he is and stop insisting that he's something more.
And for the love of god, no more "the champ has a name" bullshit.
<codychoke>

Oliveira used to be one of my favourite fighters, but his fans absolutely ruined him for me. Hopefully now that he's lost TEN TIMES in the UFC, people can just appreciate him for what he is and stop insisting that he's something more.
<codychoke>

Yeah I like him a lot too but he has some really annoying fans who keep clinging on to him being the #1 guy when it's now been proven that's not the case.

He's lost 2 of his last 13 fights and he murdered a string of the best fighters in the world in his run. The two losses are to the literal world champion and the #1 contender ... in a split decision.

You sound like a weirdo

Yeah I like him a lot too but he has some really annoying fans who keep clinging on to him being the #1 guy when it's now been proven that's not the case.
No denying that he had one of the best streaks in the division's history.
No denying that he's a great finisher.
No denying that he's collected some REALLY impressive scalps.
But he's now lost 2-of-3 and 10 times overall in the UFC. He's not the lightweight GOAT, no matter how badly people want him to be.
<Fedor23>

He did the right things. Frame out on the hip, got to get their hips away from yours.

Charles did the right thing too, if you're losing the choke use it to sweep to mount.

His darce defense in rd 3 was interesting too, by going flat he denied Charles the ability to hip in.

Charles needed to drive him over onto his side and hip in while folding the head into the chest but didn't have the gas or the time to do it.

Going into corpse pose looked off, but was an intelligent defense in the moment.

He's lost 2 of his last 13 fights and he murdered a string of the best fighters in the world in his run. The two losses are to the literal world champion and the #1 contender ... in a split decision.

You sound like a weirdo

Nobody's taking away from his accomplishments but you gotta admit it's weird how his fans kept saying "the champion has a name!!" like he's still the top dog after Islam tapped him out. It's like the McGregor fans who said Khabib was "ducking" the rematch after Khabib manhandled him lol. :p

<codychoke>
His fan base definitely got insufferable quick. I had to laugh the ones who were trying to argue that because he was clamping down on the overhook for so long on bottom it should be considered as him being in control not Arman for scoring. Anyone else holds onto an overhook for 2 minutes they get booed out of the building for stalling

Nobody's taking away from his accomplishments but you gotta admit it's weird how his fans kept saying "the champion has a name!!" like he's still the top dog after Islam tapped him out. It's like the McGregor fans who said Khabib was "ducking" the rematch after Khabib manhandled him lol. :p

There is no version of reality where Conor wins 11 consecutive fights at lightweight, let alone half of those being stoppages against top 10 opponents. They live in a different universe.

Charles is one of the all time greats of the division with what is arguably the best strength of schedule win streak, and he defended the belt multiple times.

Standout, defending, long win streak former champions that murders nearly everyone tend to pickup fans.

<codychoke>
I don't think that's fair to Charles. During the power vacuum left by Khabib retiring, a bunch of jilted Conor fans and Anti-Muslim weirdos took up his flag and essentially spewed verbal diarrhea everywhere on almost every single platform.

Real Charles fans simply enjoyed the elite skills he brought to every fight and the unbelievable story from the favela to essentially world stardom. Charles is one of my favorite fighters and in my opinion is a Top 5 All time LW.

It's unfortunate, these "fans" give real fans of Charles and MMA a bad name. Their hatred for Makhachev overrides their appreciation of Charles, I mean they go around discrediting Charles at any opportunity if it means insulting Makhachevs legacy.

It's best to ignore them and enjoy what time he has left in his career.

I don't think that's fair to Charles. During the power vacuum left by Khabib retiring, a bunch of jilted Conor fans and Anti-Muslim weirdos took up his flag and essentially spewed verbal diarrhea everywhere on almost every single platform.

Real Charles fans simply enjoyed the elite skills he brought to every fight and the unbelievable story from the favela to essentially world stardom. Charles is one of my favorite fighters and in my opinion is a Top 5 All time LW.

It's unfortunate, these "fans" give real fans of Charles and MMA a bad name. Their hatred for Makhachev overrides their appreciation of Charles, I mean they go around discrediting Charles at any opportunity if it means insulting Makhachevs legacy.

It's best to ignore them and enjoy what time he has left in his career.
I completely agree...
It's not right to dislike a fighter because of his fans. Same way it's not right for me to hate the whole Steelers organization because of their coach and their fans.
If it were stronger, mentally, I wouldn't let it affect me.

There is no version of reality where Conor wins 11 consecutive fights at lightweight, let alone half of those being stoppages against top 10 opponents. They live in a different universe.

Charles is one of the all time greats of the division with what is arguably the best strength of schedule win streak, and he defended the belt multiple times.

Standout, defending, long win streak former champions that murders nearly everyone tend to pickup fans.

To be fair McGregor could/would nearly beat everyone that Oliveira did during his win streak.

so many top fighters woulda tapped...respect to armaan; the do bronx fans that disrespected him should go back to reddit in shame

At this point, you might as well try and fight out of a guillotine and risk going out.

I swear we see way more escapes than unconscious fighters.

He did the right things. Frame out on the hip, got to get their hips away from yours.

Charles did the right thing too, if you're losing the choke use it to sweep to mount.

His darce defense in rd 3 was interesting too, by going flat he denied Charles the ability to hip in.

Charles needed to drive him over onto his side and hip in while folding the head into the chest but didn't have the gas or the time to do it.

Going into corpse pose looked off, but was an intelligent defense in the moment.
It would’ve been interesting to see how/if he would escape in the third if there wasn’t a bell to end it. New rule: if you’re in a submission hold when the round ends, the fight continues until you either escape or tap out. What happens?

I wouldn’t mind to see more of submission fighting!

Back