Arona said Fedor was "fragile" from bottom position and predicted his loss to Werdum

I wouldn't waste too much effort on this douchetroll. He got busted in another thread as well, just pulling random information without fact checking. This is an individual who has never seen or been in a fight in his life and tries to talk the talk here.

Lmao thanks for the heads up. I realized he wasn’t trying to be funny so once the magic was gone I had enough lmao.

Lol, that's not what you said at all to the poster who posted the Fedor vs Nog gif, your answer to him was:

You are just too embarrased to admit now that you either forgot the Nog fight or deliberately ignored it because it didn't fit your narrative. You made yourself look really stupid laughing at the other posters here when you were the one who failed from the start. End of discussion.
Silva and Arona both wrecked Fedor on the ground while Nog did nothing in 40 minutes. Nog also got submitted by Mir lol

Why would I forget about the Nog fight when I have brought it up in countless threads discussing Fedor

Fedor was a risk taker. That mentality put him in some dangerous situations but also made him sensational to watch. All credit to Werdum in that fight. He got hit, knew what Fedor was going to do and it was so early in the fight that if he snagged him in a sub it was a forgone conclusion. Fedor wasn't slipping out of that, especially with how good Fabricio's grappling was. The smartest thing to do would have been to approach the Werdum fight like he approached Nog 3.

Does anybody know why Arona was a such an anomly in the wrestling departament? Bjj and brazilians in general have sucky wrestling, how did his get so good? Who did he train under? There are not a lot of wrestling programs in brazil as far as i know. He was the original blanket. His smother style has since been copied to the living death.

What is this thread even supposed to be? Incredible ADCC grappler says Fedor is fragile on the ground, yet he didn’t sub Fedor or even win the fight. But supposedly predicted his loss to werdum by saying Fedor is vulnerable in bottom position when Fedor lost the Werdum fight from top position?

This whole thread is
<{1-17}>

What is this thread even supposed to be? Incredible ADCC grappler says Fedor is fragile on the ground, yet he didn’t sub Fedor or even win the fight. But supposedly predicted his loss to werdum by saying Fedor is vulnerable in bottom position when Fedor lost the Werdum fight from top position?

This whole thread is
<{1-17}>
1. Arona won the fight
2. He never said Werdum would submit Fedor from bottom, just that his BJJ as a whole would be too much

Does anybody know why Arona was a such an anomly in the wrestling departament? Bjj and brazilians in general have sucky wrestling, how did his get so good? Who did he train under? There are not a lot of wrestling programs in brazil as far as i know. He was the original blanket. His smother style has since been copied to the living death.

Luis Duarte, from BTT, had some amazing wrestling. Maybe from him?

1. Arona won the fight
2. He never said Werdum would submit Fedor from bottom, just that his BJJ as a whole would be too much
1. Sorry, but no. Arona was tough as hell, and he and Fedor has a great, very competitive fight early in their careers. Personally I think Fedor did enough to win the decision and the judges agree. Fedor has def lost fights in his career, but this wasn’t one of them.
2. I get that the article you linked says “Arona shows Werdum the way”—but Arona speaks of Fedor being fragile from bottom and how the key is to close distance and work the takedown to get him in bottom position. Literally none of that happened in the Werdum fight. I’m not trying to be a dick or anything—I’m just saying, acting like Werdum followed some blueprint set by Arona seems totally incorrect.

Things happen in fights. The only way to be able to tell whom is better, is if those two dudes just started rolling now for all to see

And imagine paying to be on a karate forum for validation, doesn't get any sadder than that <45>

I pay for no ads, mate. It's $30 a year. Too rich for your blood?

Audrey-Hepburn-Smoking-5.jpg

You sound poor.

And imagine paying to be on a karate forum for validation, doesn't get any sadder than that <45>

31%2BcJO0IHRL.jpg

You sound poor.

31%2BcJO0IHRL.jpg

You sound poor.
This boomer doesn't even know about adblock <Lmaoo>

And good going, posting the same thing twice with a flipped image. Absolute howler

i dont think he lost due to declined grappling ability as i firmly believe werdum could have subbed fedor in his prime in a grappling only match. I think fedor just made a mistake. Werdum is that good on the ground. If it was to a lesser skilled opponent i'd say its do to decline but i dont think so fedor still to this day moves better than most heavyweights. He doesn't take a shot as well and has slowed down but i don't think hes declined in his grappling. Sometimes a white or blue belt can catch a black or brown belt in a triangle if their legs are really long it can happen just like catching someone with a punch it can all happen very fast. also id say most of his losses he suffered all could have happened during his prime. bader and mitrione less likely but the power is there and its hw, they are def more competent than fujita who put fedor on queer street. henderson can knock anyone out anyday hes not human idc what weight class or age hes always dangerous and he hit fedor with a punch that would have hit him in his prime too it was very sneaky and well timed. His only loss i'll say he would have likely won 9/10 times in his prime is the bigfoot fight. His streak gad been stopped just before and he was fighting a roided out big foot i think in his prime the little speed , power and chin he lost would have crushed big foot pretty bad. .

I think the 1st Nog fight though provides you with a very good example of how Fedor declined. That match actually starts in incredably similar fashion, Fedor lands a good punch on Nog and follows him to the ground but at that point 2003 Fedor knows he's facing a live opponent and focuses on positional control, you only see him unload from open guard and only from long distance were it would be very hard for Nog to catch him with a triangle. Against Werdum its totally different, he follows him down and goes for instant GnP but does so from a much more dangerous range where the triangle is a big threta, gets a warning and carries on doing it.

Fujita basically caught him with a blind punch in a fight Fedor probably didn't think there was much threat standing, earlier Fujita really didn't show any power at all, it was only just before that match he started to become a dangerous brawler, a similar situation to GSP vs Serra IMHO. Fedor fought Mirko, arguably the guy with the best straight counter in MMA history and slipped the punch probably a dozen times but his style was dependant on being in peak form. Fedor recently is a decade past his best physically and likely not nearly so motivated, throwing to fight in the same fashion timing punches is now far riskier for him.

Last edited:
Luis Duarte, from BTT, had some amazing wrestling. Maybe from him?
Its weird nobody from btt applied the same tactics as Arona, as they where very effective. Probably due to some of the rules against stalling in Pride. I always believed he had come to te states and trained folkstyle. If it werent for his shitty boxing he could have made a serious run, even post Pride in the UFC. His style wouldnt have been as frowned upon. Hs leg kicks where vicious, Gaetjhe style. Suffocating top control. Top notch sub defense. Decent chin. Plus that natty body Paulo and Romero fans fap to. He will be one of the big what ifs of the sport.

Its weird nobody from btt applied the same tactics as Arona, as they where very effective. Probably due to some of the rules against stalling in Pride. I always believed he had come to te states and trained folkstyle. If it werent for his shitty boxing he could have made a serious run, even post Pride in the UFC. His style wouldnt have been as frowned upon. Hs leg kicks where vicious, Gaetjhe style. Suffocating top control. Top notch sub defense. Decent chin. Plus that natty body Paulo and Romero fans fap to. He will be one of the big what ifs of the sport.
I always kinda thought of him as PRIDE's Tito. That chin up in the air all the time though...that Sokoudjou KO was just waiting to happen sooner or later. Excellent wrestling and top control though. Good call on the leg kicks as well.

Hey look, a 2020 account!

Shogun hurt Arona standing first lol

Silva just took Fedor down and passed his guard like a hot knife through butter

Chael tapped Shogun lmao.

I wouldn't waste too much effort on this douchetroll. He got busted in another thread as well, just pulling random information without fact checking. This is an individual who has never seen or been in a fight in his life and tries to talk the talk here.

To be fair, this is his 20th banned account.

I'v never really heard his exact background beyond some vague talk of working with Brazilian wrestlers but I would say a lot of his success was about timing, I would say actually the closest fighter we've seen to Arona in style is GSP, granted Georges standup was much more diverse but both of them looked to keep opponents at range and then time a takedown as soon as they started to push forward.

Last edited:
Back