Arona said Fedor was "fragile" from bottom position and predicted his loss to Werdum

ANother Wiki "expert" come to educate us.

I mean I'm not rubbishing Arona, indeed quite the reverse when I said "like Arona" I was highlighting theres really nobody like Arona in MMA history, guys with wrestling that good AND high level BJJ positioning.

I like Arona too, that surfin' playboi

Backtracking are we?

You're the one that thought Nog was as good of a grappler as Arona lmfao

Casual detected

No its just that I'm honest about fighters abilities rather than bending reality to suit trollish biases.

Arona was not a sub fighter on the level of Nog in MMA, you rubbished Nog subbing Hendo yet Arona couldn't. Arona was an excellent positional threat but he was not some standard "high level BJJ fighter", as I said he was very unique in terms of having strong MMA wrestling with excellent timing and high level BJJ positional skill.

New account making anti Fedor threads? what was your previous username? were you banned or just had your credibility shot down once to often?

Last edited:
No its just that I'm honest about fighters abilities rather than bending reality to use trollish biases.

Arona was not a sub fighter on the level of Nog in MMA, you rubbished Nog subbing Hendo yet Arona couldn't. Arona was an excellent positional threat but he was not some standard "high level BJJ fighter", as I said he was very unique in terms of having strong MMA wrestling with excellent timing and high level BJJ positional skill.

New account making anti Fedor threads? what was your previous username? were you banned or just had your credibility shot down once to often?
Hendo also beat Nogueira while Arona is undefeated against him

There you go, resort to ad hominems after your argument falls apart :D

Nah, mate. 205 Reem folded quicker than paper in Japan. Straight origami.

You're brand new, got busted talking about shit you didn't see and weren't around to witness, yet you want us to take you seriously. That's not what we do here, neophyte.

Lmao,this. Crazy part is anyone who tries to use google to help them durring a conversation rather than actual knowledge is also the same type of person too Stubborn to just admit they were wrong. That’s classic, dude got super busted. Next he’s gonna tell us how Kevin burns must be the hardest hitter in WW history because he stopped rumble with strikes. Lmao

Lmao,this. Crazy part is anyone who tries to use google to help them durring a conversation rather than actual knowledge is also the same type of person too Stubborn to just admit they were wrong. That’s classic, dude got super busted. Next he’s gonna tell us how Kevin burns must be the hardest hitter in WW history because he stopped rumble with strikes. Lmao
Lol tapping to strikes is listed as submission (punches) on Wikipedia

The only person who wouldn't be able to read that is you

Lol tapping to strikes is listed as submission (punches) on Wikipedia

The only person who wouldn't be able to read that is you

Oh yeah? What’s the name of that submission smart guy. What your doing is called “semantics”. You are trying like hell to be right when you are clearly wrong and taking on anyone pointing out your nonsense. It’s actually comical so keep going. Your giving us that unintentional hilarity that normally only Tito gives us. I love it.

On topic tho.. arona was a fucking wrestler who know submissions lol. His sub game wasn’t that good in any arena. It’s cool tho we already know you didn’t actually even watch him compete lol.

tapping is a way of giving up. In order for an actual sub to happen there has to be a sub attempt.. other wise every strike would be a sub attempt. I won’t use logic on someone as dense as you though.. I’m use to dealing with your line of thinking, I have a few small children.

Let’s get back to the scheduled programming.

Oh yeah? What’s the name of that submission smart guy. What your doing is called “semantics”. You are trying like hell to be right when you are clearly wrong and taking on anyone pointing out your nonsense. It’s actually comical so keep going. Your giving us that unintentional hilarity that normally only Tito gives us. I love it.

On topic tho.. arona was a fucking wrestler who know submissions lol. His sub game wasn’t that good in any arena. It’s cool tho we already know you didn’t actually even watch him compete lol.

tapping is a way of giving up. In order for an actual sub to happen there has to be a sub attempt.. other wise every strike would be a sub attempt. I won’t use logic on someone as dense as you though.. I’m use to dealing with your line of thinking, I have a few small children.

Let’s get back to the scheduled programming.
Haha here is how we can spot the couch potato who has never trained

You think BJJ is just about submissions lol, and apparently Arona wasn't even good at BJJ because of that lol

Pathetic dude, go sign up for your first BJJ class then get back to me, junior.

Haha here is how we can spot the couch potato who has never trained

You think BJJ is just about submissions lol, and apparently Arona wasn't even good at BJJ because of that lol

Pathetic dude, go sign up for your first BJJ class then get back to me, junior.

lmao says the man who thinks punches are a submission. I said his SUBs weren’t good.Just keep posting bro this is gold. Pure gold

I said "like Arona"

Nog's not nearly as good as Arona on the ground

Then why did you say "until the Bigfoot Silva fight". Lol, you failed hard. Are you now going to argue Bigfoot Silva's black belt counts but Nog's doesn't? You lost, just admit you totally forgot the Nog fight, and move on in your life.

Last edited:
lmao says the man who thinks punches are a submission. I said his SUBs weren’t good.Just keep posting bro this is gold. Pure gold
If you tap, it's a submission

Not hard to understand to those who aren't clinically retarded
Then why did you say "until the Bigfoot Silva fight". Lol, you failed hard. Are you now going to argue Bigfoot Silva's black belt counts but Nog's doesn't? You lost, just admitted you totally forgot the Nog fight, and move on in your life.
He spent very little time on his back in the Nog fight, we were talking about his bottom game

Try reading

ullaqld.jpg

(RIP Robin Williams)

I was thinking the same thing. Arona hasn't been relevant in well over a decade. The Fedor fight was almost 20 years ago!! lol.

If you tap, it's a submission

Not hard to understand to those who aren't clinically retarded

He spent very little time on his back in the Nog fight, we were talking about his bottom game

Try reading

How many bjj matches have ever ended via punches? Lmao you may be the slowest person on sherdog. You are applying wrestling and striking skills and calling it BJJ. Now please come with something funny or my time here is over lol.

How many bjj matches have ever ended via punches? Lmao you may be the slowest person on sherdog. You are applying wrestling and striking skills and calling it BJJ. Now please come with something funny or my time here is over lol.
MMA BJJ has nothing to do with sport BJJ

And since you brought up sport BJJ, Nog has absolutely zero high level credentials lol. Compare that to Arona's GOAT ADCC run, and it's just laughable

When Arona fought Fedor he was still very green, gave up position too easily coming from a judo/sambo background were you'd have a reset reasonably quickly on the ground against a BJJ opponent who built positional control very well.

Within a year or two though he'd changed quite significantly and the Fedor of Pride was a very different fighter, when he lost to Werdum it was due to declined grappling ability IMHO relative to fighting Nog.

i dont think he lost due to declined grappling ability as i firmly believe werdum could have subbed fedor in his prime in a grappling only match. I think fedor just made a mistake. Werdum is that good on the ground. If it was to a lesser skilled opponent i'd say its do to decline but i dont think so fedor still to this day moves better than most heavyweights. He doesn't take a shot as well and has slowed down but i don't think hes declined in his grappling. Sometimes a white or blue belt can catch a black or brown belt in a triangle if their legs are really long it can happen just like catching someone with a punch it can all happen very fast. also id say most of his losses he suffered all could have happened during his prime. bader and mitrione less likely but the power is there and its hw, they are def more competent than fujita who put fedor on queer street. henderson can knock anyone out anyday hes not human idc what weight class or age hes always dangerous and he hit fedor with a punch that would have hit him in his prime too it was very sneaky and well timed. His only loss i'll say he would have likely won 9/10 times in his prime is the bigfoot fight. His streak gad been stopped just before and he was fighting a roided out big foot i think in his prime the little speed , power and chin he lost would have crushed big foot pretty bad. .

Fedor's been knocked out more times than Arona has
<TrumpWrong1>

Arona has been knocked unconscious 3 times in 19 fights, all before he was 30. Fedor has 4 TKO losses and one cut stoppage from an illegal strike in 45 fights well into his 40s. Arona has been actually knocked out, not just stopped, more than Fedor

Arona sure knows about takin dem juices who make you less fragile

According to Heath Herring, EVERYONE was on the juice in Pride, and the Yakuza was giving out PED's like candy to trick or treaters to their fighters. So it was an even playing field.

Depends on what he really means.

If someone is "most fragile" in a position, that is relative claim...i.e. it does not necessarily imply he is *very* fragile there, just *more* fragile compared to other positions.

With some exceptions among elite submission artists who work from their back, the majority of fighters are probably 'most fragile' from bottom position, so it does not seem to be a terribly controversial claim on Arona's part.

I wouldn't waste too much effort on this douchetroll. He got busted in another thread as well, just pulling random information without fact checking. This is an individual who has never seen or been in a fight in his life and tries to talk the talk here.

Try reading

Lol, that's not what you said at all to the poster who posted the Fedor vs Nog gif, your answer to him was:

I said "like Arona"

Nog's not nearly as good as Arona on the ground

You are just too embarrased to admit now that you either forgot the Nog fight or deliberately ignored it because it didn't fit your narrative. You made yourself look really stupid laughing at the other posters here when you were the one who failed from the start. End of discussion.

Back