Article NHL players vs UFC superfights? If CM Punk can do it than anyone can

Sage and Artem would work those two dudes.

Yea one of the best fight in UFC was by some HW Canadian hockey player. Forgot the name.

I´m sure Bisping would love to welcome any NHL player.... specially if he is close to 70 years old.... or has retired a few years ago.

And by the way, the fight would have to be in England, just in case...
<28>

George Laraque was 6'2" and around 250 - 275 and GSP out wrestled him with ease. They are friends but you get the idea....not gonna happen

Main thing in NHL fights is keeping your balance. The fights mostly look clumsy because they are on skates and a 200+ pound guys are trying to take you down. It's unfortunately a dying art form in the NHL.

Who wrote the article and did they get paid for it? If so why.

NHL technique:

1. Grab the guy’s jersey with your weak hand.
2. Throw haymakers with your strong hand.
3. Hold on to the opponent and continue to throw punches even while the ref is trying to pull you away.

NHL technique:

1. Grab the guy’s jersey with your weak hand.
2. Throw haymakers with your strong hand.
3. Hold on to the opponent and continue to throw punches even while the ref is trying to pull you away.
Obviously you've never been in a hockey fight before

George Laraque was 6'2" and around 250 - 275 and GSP out wrestled him with ease. They are friends but you get the idea....not gonna happen
Laraque went soft for the tv. Not saying he would have won against GSP but the dude is strong as hell and has great balance.

Punk couldnt do it though.

And that hurts me to say, im a huge fan of his

Why on earth would NHL players take a giant pay cut to sign up for brain damage?

they are not afraid to get hit in the face -- which is something really hard to teach and also something that derails a lot of "gym warriors" who have skill but lack heart.

Other than that there's not a lot of things that transitions. Although every enforcer type player I grew up with took boxing lessons -- but again, to count that as a plus on their side is a bit nebulous.

Beyond that, anyone can step in the cage like punk did -- what happens after the bell rings is another story.

I think McQuaid puts down Bisping.

CM punk absolutely did not do it. In fact what he did is an argument in the reverse direction friend

As much as I love hockey, an MMA fighter would kick their fucking ass.

It's a whole different story if you put them on skates though.

Back