As a hater... have you ever felt bad for the guy you were rooting against?

SalvadorAllende

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Have you ever rooted against a guy for a long time and after they fall in disgrace is like you start to feeling bad for him?

This is my case:

#1 Chris Weidman hater here. I cant stand the guy and have been very vocal about it. I even got yellowcarder (the mod was probably a CW nuthugger tho).

And no.. Im not a salty Anderson fan. I enjoy watching the Spider as everybody else but thats it.

As the biggest Weidman hater here I can say it is getting thougher and thougher.

First Rockhold took the title from him after taking a few years and braincells off Weidman. Could have not been happier.. the delusional guy that said he was the GOAT MW after beating some old guys was getting humbled in a big way. The ref and his corner didnt give a fuck about his health. Good... that will show him.

102555.jpg

Then he started with all the delusional statements that he lost because he made 1 mistake (that amateur spinning kick) and that he was still the best MW.. etc etc.. His fanboys were saying the same. GTFO.

Then he fought Romero. He had a good round 1 (won IMO), he got controlled in the 2nd and was on the wrong side of momentum going into the third... obviously history has been revised by him and his fans saying he was 20-18 LOL.
If you guys dont remember what happened into the third... let me remind you:
weidman-romero-KO.gif

I said.. "ok.. some divine justice". F that guy. Now he can STFU for a while.

Then he gets booked against one of my favorites fighters in the world... Gegard Mousasi.
After winning round 1 via takedowns with zero damage, he was totally gassed in the second and became a punching bag. Was just a matter of time until Gegard got the finish... which he did.
After 2 perfectly legal knees from Moose, Weidman was either out (didnt knew which month/year it was) or trying to steal a DQ win. In both cases F him... specially against Mousasi.
Then he and all his fanboys tried to put an asterisc in Mousasis win. Nothing further from the truth.
usa_today_10002602.0.jpg

Then he got booked against Gastelum in what was almost his 4th KO/TKO loss in a row. Saved by the belt he found a way to bully the smaller guy and get a submission. Fair play.. he won.
kjBeU.gif

After that he went back to his delusional ways:

"Im the champion and everybody knows it"... LOL, just no.
"That was the first time I have been dropped"... yes... except the time Romero dropped you dead.

Starts calling for titleshots being 1-3... gets booked against Jacare. Puts a good fight and then this happens:
a6d14690b45b447ff840410ace809513.gif

I wanted the guy to get violently knocked out... and when got my wish granted for like 4 times (almost 5) Im like.. "ok, its cool now.. starting to feel bad for this guy".

Same happened with BabyJay Penn. Dont dislike the guy but his fanbase is the worst. Was rooting against him but after all the beatings he has been taking and now going back at it at 40 years old I just hope he can win one more and retire for good.

I cant think of any fighter i "hate"..

Conor getting emasculated.....

UC0gidG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rashad Evans when he got turned into Shadface.
I was rooting for Machida but that shit was brutal.
<mma2>
And finally when he retired after losing 5 in a row... it was sad to see.
Can't say I ever really *hated* Shad tho.

Felt a little bad for Honda after getting besmirched the second time by Nunes.

I don’t “hate” any fighter... or anyone I don’t know personally.

Or anyone at all, really. With that being said, I was never a huge Aldo supporter until after he got KO’d by Conor. I found many of Aldo’s early UFC fights as underwhelming.

Felt bad he had his 10 year reign ended in 13 seconds by someone who shit talked him for a year straight. After that fight I really started to appreciate Aldo’s skillset.

Hearing Conor beg Khabib for mercy mid-fight made me feel a little bad for him...for about a 5 seconds.

Then I remembered what douchebag piece of shit he is and I felt better.

I can’t think of any but I don’t hate a lot of fighters. Maybe Hendricks when he was robbed against GSP but only because he clearly won. Luh GSP tho so my sympathy didn’t go too far.

Conor’s losses were enjoyable.

Ronda’s losses were beautiful.

Puke Rockholds losses are nice but somehow he manages to wake up an arrogant kunt even moments after getting brutally knocked the fuck out.

I generally felt bad for the sheer amount of backlash Ronda got for losing.

Hearing Conor beg Khabib for mercy mid-fight made me feel a little bad for him...for about a 5 seconds.

Then I remembered what douchebag piece of shit he is and I felt better.
Has any other fighter done that? Probably the most bitch move ever in sporting history.

Last edited:
Have you ever rooted against a guy for a long time and after they fall in disgrace is like you start to feeling bad for him?

This is my case:

#1 Chris Weidman hater here. I cant stand the guy and have been very vocal about it. I even got yellowcarder (the mod was probably a CW nuthugger tho).

And no.. Im not a salty Anderson fan. I enjoy watching the Spider as everybody else but thats it.

As the biggest Weidman hater here I can say it is getting thougher and thougher.

First Rockhold took the title from him after taking a few years and braincells off Weidman. Could have not been happier.. the delusional guy that said he was the GOAT MW after beating some old guys was getting humbled in a big way. The ref and his corner didnt give a fuck about his health. Good... that will show him.

102555.jpg

Then he started with all the delusional statements that he lost because he made 1 mistake (that amateur spinning kick) and that he was still the best MW.. etc etc.. His fanboys were saying the same. GTFO.

Then he fought Romero. He had a good round 1 (won IMO), he got controlled in the 2nd and was on the wrong side of momentum going into the third... obviously history has been revised by him and his fans saying he was 20-18 LOL.
If you guys dont remember what happened into the third... let me remind you:
weidman-romero-KO.gif

I said.. "ok.. some divine justice". F that guy. Now he can STFU for a while.

Then he gets booked against one of my favorites fighters in the world... Gegard Mousasi.
After winning round 1 via takedowns with zero damage, he was totally gassed in the second and became a punching bag. Was just a matter of time until Gegard got the finish... which he did.
After 2 perfectly legal knees from Moose, Weidman was either out (didnt knew which month/year it was) or trying to steal a DQ win. In both cases F him... specially against Mousasi.
Then he and all his fanboys tried to put an asterisc in Mousasis win. Nothing further from the truth.
usa_today_10002602.0.jpg

Then he got booked against Gastelum in what was almost his 4th KO/TKO loss in a row. Saved by the belt he found a way to bully the smaller guy and get a submission. Fair play.. he won.
kjBeU.gif

After that he went back to his delusional ways:

"Im the champion and everybody knows it"... LOL, just no.
"That was the first time I have been dropped"... yes... except the time Romero dropped you dead.

Starts calling for titleshots being 1-3... gets booked against Jacare. Puts a good fight and then this happens:
a6d14690b45b447ff840410ace809513.gif

I wanted the guy to get violently knocked out... and when got my wish granted for like 4 times (almost 5) Im like.. "ok, its cool now.. starting to feel bad for this guy".

Same happened with BabyJay Penn. Dont dislike the guy but his fanbase is the worst. Was rooting against him but after all the beatings he has been taking and now going back at it at 40 years old I just hope he can win one more and retire for good.

He's still my boy

Fighter bashing has always been welcomed on sherdog. Fell free to shit on Chris Weidman, TS.

Used to hate Rory. Was so happy when Lawler beat him the first time. Felt awful for him after the second fight.

Back