As you get older, what are you becoming more and more afraid of?

I worry that over time my schizophrenia will take over my life and then what? I’m another homeless crazy person doing god knows what out there? Until I kill myself I guess. Which I also worry about.

As somebody else mentioned I’m not into physical altercations anymore. After seeing somebody get stabbed in the heart over a parking lot space, I have my reservations. People are fucking nuts and it’s not worth my life.

Scared of declining health, declining health care system, doctors that aren’t helpful at all.

A lot of worrying about the future tbh.
Yeah being schizophrenic adjacent I have these worries too. I've been more or less at a "stable" level of mental illness for years now. But also during that time I've lost everything and had to start over like 3x.

My main coping mechanism at this point is drugs and alcohol lmao. Sometimes I worry just the combination of stress and loneliness will make me lose it. But that it won't be gradual, I'll just suddenly be totally nuts and unable to do this anymore.

I'm not sure how I do it now. Well there's not much left to lose at this point, you'd think that would help with the anxiety lmao. Turns out all my worst fears coming true makes me more panicky not less.

I fucking love rollercoasters, always have. Give me the most intense rollercoaster in the world, I'm on there. It's strange though because I'm scared of heights. Would never do bungy jumping, power gliding, sky diving etc. lol

As for the thread, mine will be a close family member passing away or myself dying.

lol I thought I love rollercoasters until recently. And I didn't realize how friggin intense they were or I just got old. lol But yeah I wish I was into them as I was in my youth or even my 20s.

Reactions: TCE
I went on one of those big swing rides with the kids this past summer and was almost hurling at the end. Used to have an iron stomach. Wonderland veteran many times over in Toronto. Getting old sucks lol

True dat, things indeed change when you get older.

Every year on New Years Eve i watch House M.D. with my parents. Averaging out how many episodes we watch per year and weighing it against the average life expectancy with half a decade added i come to the conclusion that statistically, they will both be dead before we finish the show.

Every year on New Years Eve i watch House M.D. with my parents. Averaging out how many episodes we watch per year and weighing it against the average life expectancy with half a decade added i come to the conclusion that statistically, they will both be dead before we finish the show.

Wtf? Wow that's uniquely different perspective.

Not really as much at this point in my life, of all the shit I was worried about earlier in my life.
I'm actually a bit more content or secure than I was in my 20s/30s.

That said, there is a part of me that is wary, that I should prolly be settling down here with right gal at some point soon down the road, find the right gal to ease down the road with in life as wife or long term partner.

I still don't see myself having kids but would be nice to share & grow with the right gal together.
I should prolly keep this fear more near to me, to a degree, I reckon.

We run better with more power/urgency when running away from something verses toward a goal, imo.
Most iconic driven dude's (Jordan/Brady's) usually hate to lose more than they want to win.

Thanks for your well thought out post.

Quick question is that you in the AV?

Artificial Intelligence
Youths Mental Health
Diminishing of Family Values
Increased Anxiety of everyone

I don't like a lot of things.. rollercoasters, airplanes, anything to do with being underwater especially in the ocean.. which is funny because I did all of that shit when I was younger.

Once a few years ago I went camping with some buddies and a bear was in the camp ground and went right by us at night so we didn't even see it coming.. I went and locked myself in my trailer LOL - learned that I DO NOT FUCK with bears.

I was on a ski lift the other day. Something I have done 1000s of times. We were over a gorge, and it was cold and windy, maybe 80 ft up. I started getting uneasy.....WTF? I would have never thought twice in my youth.

Thanks for your well thought out post.

Quick question is that you in the AV?
06c0c1fd-0f2f-445d-8473-58aba4e95a95_text.gif

My skin is starting to look shitty.

Started taking collagen. Has done wonders for my aching joints, honestly. But not much for my skin.

Dying suddenly and leaving my family alone

For example last night i was driving home from a night with friends and my mind was thinking about how vulnerable i actually am in the sense that a drunk driver or speeding car can just come out of nowhere and smash me

in 50 years nobody will remember anyone here. at most you'll be a very slight memory for 1-2 people. in 100, there will be almost no signs you existed at all. anything written by you on this forum will be lost, every spoken word, gone, every paper trail will be almost impossible to find, and why would anyone even look for it. not a single thing that belonged to you will be around in 200 years. forever gone, like not even existed, one of hundreds of billions of dead in some irrelevant planet orbiting a small star in a corner of a minor galaxy.

losing my mind or having some crazy health issues. Not even really afraid of dying, I just want the opportunity to die as myself.

Dementia. It was in both of my parents families and it appears that I will live long enough to experience not knowing who or where I am. I might be experiencing it already. I purchased some remote control modules for electrical receptacles, programmed them, put them back in the box and couldn't find them the next day.

I went on one of those big swing rides with the kids this past summer and was almost hurling at the end. Used to have an iron stomach. Wonderland veteran many times over in Toronto. Getting old sucks lol
Getting old does. Just found out a year ago I now get motion sickness from a park swing.... WTF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back