As you get older, what are you becoming more and more afraid of?

I can't do rides that spin anymore. I am not afraid, just makes me sick. As for fear, as I get older, I realize a catastrophic event will be caused by hackers, exploiting our tech dependence. Power grids, cell service, internet......its not "if", it's "when".

Injuries, large and small. I've had numerous joint and tendon repairs over the years and if it happens again I know I won't bounce back as well as when I was younger..Also little shit. I roll an ankle and hobble around for a damned week. Arthritis will be a motherfucker too. I liked it better when I thought I was bulletproof.

More and more afraid that I would not have the physical capabilities to travel and enjoy the rest of the world compared to when I was in my 20s. I'm nearing 40s now not like old man old, plus I work out and is relatively fit but it's still a concern somehow.

My knees going out and needing to be replaced or a hip replacement. I know there are major advances in these areas but they just scare the hell out of me know.

Driving. I'm so much more careful now and I feel that amongst the people I'm driving around with I don't stand a chance.
I was a pull the emergency break and do a 180 guy.

Injuries, large and small. I've had numerous joint and tendon repairs over the years and if it happens again I know I won't bounce back as well as when I was younger..Also little shit. I roll an ankle and hobble around for a damned week. Arthritis will be a motherfucker too. I liked it better when I thought I was bulletproof.

41 here and still very active with strength training. I run into issues all of the time now. Hip flexor issues are new to me and something that happened 35+. Knee issues I've had for a while. Back strains probably happen once every 3 years. Achilles strains happen almost everytime I get into running.

I will say that I've found a lot of comfort in working around it. Currently have a back strain, but I can still do most lifts where my back is supported (feet up bench, leg press, any arm lifts, etc.). If my achilles is hurt or hip flexors are bothering me, I can still deadlift, bench, etc. Worst case scenario, I can almost always do the stationary bike or walk.

Trying not to stress about things I can't influence or change. Leaves a lot of potentially bad shit /shrug

I don't think I'm getting more afraid of anything. More concerned about health issues, but that's because I have more of em. But probably less worried about mortality because sleep is nice and I've got good kids.

Just found out last summer I don't like roller coasters anymore. Just too intense for me. Don't think I'll ride in roller coaster ever again. lol

I was just in Vegas in December and I wanted to do a bunch of things I had either never done, or hadn't done in forever. So the last night there I decided to do the roller coaster at New York New York. It was the 1st time in probably 30+ years I had been on one. Fucking ruled man.

I used too be a monkey. Climbing anything, jumping roofs, bridge diving. Now if I'm near an edge or even like watching the Neo scene in the first Matrix where he goes out on the office ledge. I break out into a clammy sweat and feel uneasy lol.

<KhabibBS>

57 in 3 Months!

i-make-this-look-good-j65cjk4no1wep358.gif
54 in 2. We're old fuckers.

Getting sick. Not necessarily afraid of dying, just afraid of being in pain. I'd obviously would like to go out in my sleep but would be ok with a one and done shot. My family is pretty healthy and have made it to old age without issues but they're from overseas. I'm the first one that's born and raised in the US and have started to see some little things. Granted I'm getting close to 50 but I don't ever remember any relatives complain about health until much later in life.

My parent's mortality.

An American public that is completely ignorant to civics, academics, economics, and infrastructure (but very well versed in Kardashians and Fantasy Football).

Technological progression that leaves average people by the wayside. Not just AI (which I think is overly fear mongered), but cars and consumer electronics that an average person cant fix. Generations growing up never even second guessing the prospect of bartering all their personal information for trivial conviniences or experiences.

Back