ask me your questions

i posted a very basic footwork food but can you elaborate more on exactly what your looking for? whats wrong with your footwork?
Um, well there is a nonexistent amount of footwork taught at my school. So literally I want hear what you believe the fundamental aspects of footwork are and believe are the most are the most important because everything I know about footwork I learned from watching UFC fights, mainly conor McGregor. What would you tell someone who knows nothing of how to get the dominant position via the striking angle on the feet.
If you can, I would appreciate a link to the thread you speak of.

Um, well there is a nonexistent amount of footwork taught at my school. So literally I want hear what you believe the fundamental aspects of footwork are and believe are the most are the most important because everything I know about footwork I learned from watching UFC fights, mainly conor McGregor. What would you tell someone who knows nothing of how to get the dominant position via the striking angle on the feet.
If you can, I would appreciate a link to the thread you speak of.

ok gotya, give me some time to make a video for you dude.

Heey man,

Following newbie problems I have.
In my last spar I got destroyed constantly for 3 rounds straight. First 3 rounds I was OK but the last 3 I was a punching bag.

These are the problems.
I spar a better SP.
He was dealing with my jab pretty easy in the last rounds and countering it. He suggested I am not bringing my left hand back and this is why. I also got almost KO ed when trying to do a 1-2. iI think my defence and hands are not protecting me well when doing the 1-2 and I am an easy counter. Is there a way to work on that by myself?

Next huge problem. Both of us have this issues but he seems to exploit it better. When I go for 1-1-2 and in general when I step powerfully to my left and get that angle I am able to set up a power right pretty easy and after that I am able to add a small combo for example a 2-1-2. It is great when I do it. However he is able to set this up way more often and it corners me and I need to run away or high guard to defend in which he just starts spamming me with hooks and upper cuts. Sometimes I am able to counter but not often. And I am on his mercy to stop and leave me to recover.

How do I deal with this from a tactical point of view.

Lastly he is always pressuring me and I am on my backfoot. What can be done about it. With orthodox I can spam the jab but with the SP it seems to not be working and I always get pushed back.

Heey man,

Following newbie problems I have.
In my last spar I got destroyed constantly for 3 rounds straight. First 3 rounds I was OK but the last 3 I was a punching bag.

These are the problems.
I spar a better SP.
He was dealing with my jab pretty easy in the last rounds and countering it. He suggested I am not bringing my left hand back and this is why. I also got almost KO ed when trying to do a 1-2. iI think my defence and hands are not protecting me well when doing the 1-2 and I am an easy counter. Is there a way to work on that by myself?

Next huge problem. Both of us have this issues but he seems to exploit it better. When I go for 1-1-2 and in general when I step powerfully to my left and get that angle I am able to set up a power right pretty easy and after that I am able to add a small combo for example a 2-1-2. It is great when I do it. However he is able to set this up way more often and it corners me and I need to run away or high guard to defend in which he just starts spamming me with hooks and upper cuts. Sometimes I am able to counter but not often. And I am on his mercy to stop and leave me to recover.

How do I deal with this from a tactical point of view.

Lastly he is always pressuring me and I am on my backfoot. What can be done about it. With orthodox I can spam the jab but with the SP it seems to not be working and I always get pushed back.

Hey man, ill see if I can get you a video but in the meantime let me say a few things.

first, an analogy. Striking is similar to shooting a 3 point shot in basketball, and what I mean by that, is that just because you are using proper technique to shoot the ball, doesnt mean your going to start nailing 3's. So if I said "use more wrist" it may help your technique, but again, it doesnt mean you can nail 3's anywhere on the court.

As far as keeping your hands up....everyone drops their hands........obviously you dont want to, but when we are tired, excited, etc, we drop them. So first thing, make sure you have plenty of stamina, so your not dropping your hands because your tired. 2nd, relax and dont focus on the power...youll find when we get excited, or want to punch someone hard, you will drop your hand, and do a big wind up...this is a natural thing everyone does as well, and its something we dont want to do.

Lastly, a very simple drill for keeping your hands up, work this on the bag and pads. Be in your stance/guard.....you need to "feel" your hands on your face/head......throw a 1/2 and bring your hands back to your head.......feel them there.

Another way to do it, would again be in your stance/guard, and just throw the jab, making sure to keep your right hand on your head never moving it, and making sure to bring the jab back, and again feel it on your face.

and one more way you might want to try is.......the punches you will be throwing is the jab/cross........aka the 1/2.........however I want you to think of the jab/cros (1/2) as 1234...........the 1/2 is the punch on the bag........the 3/4 is bringing it back to your face.

Hope that helps

How would you do if you were partying it up in Cabo, have 6 days to prepare and are about 15lbs heavier than you normally are?
Bang fat chicks for 6 days straight to get used to the weight class

Real question, how do you sleep the night before decently

It might be a water cutting thing, and I do cut alot for my standards (15lbs), but when I do , man I can't sleep. Literally even though I re-hydrated good and ate well, I find I can't sleep, and if I do its like 3h and its the next day
xanax bro

also eat some of that fried chicken in your profile pic puts people to sleep...

Last edited:
@shincheckin , I have a question regarding on taking body shots with out falling apart. What are the best exercises or drills that you can do to improve to taking shots to the body? Thank you.

@shincheckin , I have a question regarding on taking body shots with out falling apart. What are the best exercises or drills that you can do to improve to taking shots to the body? Thank you.

Getting cracked in the stomach while your doing situps with either a medicine ball or thai pad. We used to do this alot back in the day at an old gym. But I havent done it in years. A solid shot to your liver is going to hurt or drop you no matter how much conditioning, same thing with a shot to the diaphram, it will knock the wind out of you.

If your really good at footwork can you do a video on that? Maybe this is outside the box, can you do a video on footwork for boxers, i'm getting back into training too, but now i'm just focusing on boxing right now.

Back