Askren: "Delusional, unintelligent Nate Diaz not a threat, Pettis will kick his ass"

Love Nate but Askren is right about 170 Nate gets wrestled by the bigger 170ers

Or 165 if ever

Nate still takes Pettis though

Sir do you got a learning disability? I said he fought the best, not beat the best, to me a lifelong career in the UFC fighting the best is more of a accolade than fighting no names for the most part and staying undefeated.

Im a fan of Ben but he has no accomplishments in MMA to shit on someone who is half his life in the UFC. Askren got tested against Robbie Lawler who is a shell of his former form and he gave him the fight of his life. Askren could be great but he has not proven anything yet, he hasnt even proven that he is a Nate Diaz.
2 Org champ has no accomplishments in MMA. Gtfo

Khabib is a decent striker and tries and succeeds to make his fights exciting. DC is an Olympic level wrestler as is Cejudo - both have tried and succeeded in making their fights exciting. Sure there’s a place for someone like Ben, but only when there’s brawlers without the Askren big brain needed to fight with an ultra risk averse strategy, and it seems bogus for him to insult the intellect of these guys when them not fighting smart and fighting balls to the wall is why he has a career

I think you are missing the point. Khabib has 6 decision wins in the UFC.

I think you should watch some of those where he took guys down repeatedly and grinded them into paste against the fence. If you bothered to watch any of Askren's fights you would see a lot of similarities.

There is this myth that Khabib has "decent" standup because he landed a big shot on Mcgregor. He is a grinder. Nothing wrong with that, it's what he is most effective at. But there are plenty of people on Sherdog that considered Khabib's style boring before he beat McGregor. Feels a bit like revisionist history now.

Cejudo has actually evolved into a solid striker.

DC has always had heavy hands and again he's evolved into a solid striker

Im sorry should have said accomplishments that matter.
If you think it's easy to win the Bellator Title and defend it 4 times and then go to another Org and fight juiced up 185ers why don't you go do it you keyboard warrior.

Askren could potentially win a belt in a third promotion while remaining undefeated and i would still consider Nate a better fighter.

Askren will always be an exponentially better wrestler to put it mildly, but i would rather watch a Diaz fight over an Askren fight 11/10 times.

Exactly my thoughts about Nate and Nick Diaz. Both delusional to the core and actually nowhere near close to “ great” .

View attachment 609375

Comes to fight
durr.gif
durr.gif
Robbie lawler plus a bunch of dudes without a wikipedia page

cmon now, that's pathetic can crushing at its finest, i hope masvidal taps him out just to cuck him

If you think it's easy to win the Bellator Title and defend it 4 times and then go to another Org and fight juiced up 185ers why don't you go do it you keyboard warrior.
I said they didnt matter not its easy you also seem to suffer from some kind of learning disability. Nate has been in the UFC fighting the best. Askren was fighting nobodys for the most part, one is more impressive then the other to me, if you disagree thats fine but if you once again put words in my mouth you mouthbreather dont bother responding. I wont twist your words and you wont twist mine.

I said they didnt matter not its easy you also seem to suffer from some kind of learning disability. Nate has been in the UFC fighting the best. Askren was fighting nobodys for the most part, one is more impressive then the other to me, if you disagree thats fine but if you once again put words in my mouth you mouthbreather dont bother responding. I wont twist your words and you wont twist mine.
You can't fault Askren for not being in the UFC. In 2012 all he did was call out GSP and other top WW's. He requested out of his Bellator contract so he could go to the UFC. He's wanted in the UFC since he was a kid he's always been a fan of MMA. Dana didn't sign him that's why he went to ONE. He retired a couple years ago and the only reason he's fighting is because he got the chance to come to the UFC and prove himself. He's beat everybody put in front of him. He's a true competitor.

Last edited:
You can't fault Askren for not being in the UFC. In 2012 all he did was call out GSP and other top WW's. He requested out of his Bellator contract so he could go to the UFC. He's wanted in the UFC since he was a kid he's always been a fan of MMA. Dana didn't sign him that's why he went to ONE. He's beat everybody put in front of him.
So basically instead of disagreeing or agreeing with me it becomes a dont blame him. Never blamed him he is kinda stupid though, who talks trash to the guy he wants him to hire even when he got in he couldnt let it go, i dont blame him for not being most of his prime in the UFC but that means he is unproven. Nates record isnt pretty but he fought the elite. You cant blame a guy for beating the competition he is put in front of, but you also cant blame fans for saying he is unproven because he is.

So basically instead of disagreeing or agreeing with me it becomes a dont blame him. Never blamed him he is kinda stupid though, who talks trash to the guy he wants him to hire even when he got in he couldnt let it go, i dont blame him for not being most of his prime in the UFC but that means he is unproven. Nates record isnt pretty but he fought the elite. You cant blame a guy for beating the competition he is put in front of, but you also cant blame fans for saying he is unproven because he is.
If he's so unproven then why is he ranked #5 in the UFC rankings? Why is he even in the UFC?!?! Right?? You've got to be trolling. I'm done with you.

If he's so unproven then why is he ranked #5 in the UFC rankings? Why is he even in the UFC?!?! Right??
He is unproven in the UFC. We are not talking about if Askren can fight, he is unproven in the UFC where it matters most. He has 1 win a controversial one against a declining fighter that hasnt kod anyone since 2015 also only winning 1 fight out of his last 4 to a guy that went down in weight after. He almost put Askren out props for surviving but then wins by controversial finish, im not speaking about the potencial or what he can be as of right now he is unproven.

At least get his welterweight record right ffs Ben

Don’t dislike Askren but I wish he’d focus his trash talk exclusively on his opponents. There is no reason to speak badly about Nate and it does not do Pettis any favors, if he wins he beat somebody who isn’t any good (according to Ben) and if he loses it was against someone who is not very good (according to Ben).
Askren and Pettis train together. He's just backing up his friend. Don't take trash talk so seriously

Can someone translate this to english

Nathaniel Nathan Diaz will most likely confront Benjamin Askren in an ungentle man like unintelligent manner. He may shout, insult, and denigrate Benjamin, but will ultimately not confront him physically making the confrontation insignificant.

That good enough for you snowflake?

“When it gets down to it, I know Nate Diaz said he’s not a 155 pounder anymore or whatever bulls—t he says but at the end of the day, Nate Diaz is 1-3 at 170 [pounds]. Nate Diaz is a terrible 170-pounder and that’s all there is to it. Anthony versus Nate is going to be fun. I think Anthony is going to kick Nate’s ass and I don’t know that will really affect me that much.”

Askren gives Diaz credit for staying relevant after his last fight happened in 2016 but ultimately he doesn’t see him as a legitimate threat to the top contenders in the welterweight division including his teammate in Pettis.

“For what it’s worth, he does a great job making people interested in him. It’s a funny thing because to me he comes off as fairly unintelligent and he says some crazy s—t,” Askren said about Diaz. “Like where he said he’s the king of lightweights. It’s kind of funny. In a little demented way, he believes it even though there’s no way it’s close to actually being true. In the same way that a lot of people do, I find it entertaining and in another way it’s like holy s—t this guy is out of his damn mind.

“He is not a threat in the slightest bit to the welterweight division. I think we’re getting down to the point where he’s just delusional.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/7/...st-jorge-masvidal-blasts-delusional-nate-diaz
This guy hate all

Back