Askren-Jorge rematch

dude i bet cash on that fight because it was obvious who was a better fighter going in. and I don't read your posts that aren't directly quoted at me, don't flatter yourself.

also

"PS - I see now that are just butthurt from my last response, it all makes sense now haha"

i think you are missing a word or two there, and im not quite sure what you mean. I'm happy. I'll crack a pepsi and pour some out to mourn Ben Askren's career.

I fixed my typo, now can you go and fix your lower case "I"s they are annoying :)

I fixed my typo, now can you go and fix your lower case "I"s they are annoying :)
no thanks im too busy further gambling with my masvidal winnings

He can fight Colby/Lawler loser

Maia would be ok, maybe.....

no thanks im too busy further gambling with my masvidal winnings

Ouch sucks to have to rely on gambling for income :) (JOKE HAHA)

Anyway, that was brutal bro, weighed, measured, and found wanting :)

I think the finish was cool, but with finishes like that.. they don’t mean you’re superior to someone. It means we know nothing. With that being said.. a win is a win. And I think Masvidal moves onto the next fight. If Askren was champion, sure.. rematch. But this isn’t Cain VS JDS. Same outcome in their first fight as what happened in the Masvidal Askren fight. But we seen from the next 2 fights between Cain and JDS, that getting absolutely starched in the first before any MMA actually happens.. its proves nothing. Now if JDS starched Cain again in the same manner, then sure we’d accept that as skill.

So when Masvidal and Askren do rematch, if he KOs him again ez. Then I agree Jorge. You completely outclassed him and you have too many tools. Lol. But saying you have too much rounded skill for Askren because you kneed him in the face with a statistical improbability ehhhh you showed one strike. Thats not proving anything of the sort.

Strongly disagree.
It was a great KO but we saw nothing from ben other than him ducking into a knee. How does the fight go if he gets a hold of Masvidal? Can he get a hold of him in a rematch or does it play out the same way?
Exactly.

If Askren wouldn't give Lawler a redo over their controversial finish, ain't no way Bennie is getting anything remotely close to a rematch after getting starched in record time.

Ben himself said he doesn't deserve a rematch.

Jorge bitched about lawler not getting a rematch and now does the same thing to askren
One was extremely controversial, the other a walkoff homerun.

Why are you even comparing the situations?

He was clearly out at 3 seconds but the ref took his sweet ass time calling it off.

Honestly this isn't a permutation of that. Last fight Askren went down in a very similar manner after being slammed and he came back to win.

3 seconds + 2 for the ref is very reasonable considering this is literally the very beginning of the fight.

I'm generally against immediate rematches, it's something we have way too much of in recent years. It should be saved for situations like a dominant champion loses a close decision, or freak accidents.

I am very curious to see how this fight would go though. Ironically I'm much more excited about the idea of seeing them fight again, than I was for their first match.

Not really.

A definitive conclusion, but we have no idea how the fight would’ve played out.

We saw the fight play out. Masvidal got the KO win. Was pretty quick though, understandable if some missed it.

We saw the fight play out. Masvidal got the KO win. Was pretty quick though, understandable if some missed it.

You know what I’m talking about, but if you want to play it that way then whatever.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back