ASoIaF/GoT Spoiler Thread v6: The Delicious Tears of Castamere

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh.....and i hate the way theyve done khaleesi's takeover of these cities. where is strong belwas in single combat damnit

Belwas aint coming. Not gonna be on the show.

Wasn't Jorah supposed to be kicked off the team by now?

You expect me to remember the names of these cities? I loathed Dany's POV.

It was a bitch to keep up. I had trouble with all the Kraznys Mo this and that.

And she actually finds out before Mereen. She sends Jorah and Selmy into the sewers as punishment and to make up for it but still boots Jorah anyway. It'll be interesting because in the show Selmy wasn't on the small council and seems he doesn't know right now. Something is gonna have lead to him or someone else finding out.

The show makes Dany scenes bearable because it focuses on other people in her entourage and not just about how she wants Daario inside her.

It was a bitch to keep up. I had trouble with all the Kraznys Mo this and that.

And she actually finds out before Mereen. She sends Jorah and Selmy into the sewers as punishment and to make up for it but still boots Jorah anyway. It'll be interesting because in the show Selmy wasn't on the small council and seems he doesn't know right now. Something is gonna have lead to him or someone else finding out.

He probably know because he had to guard the king at all times since he was head of the kings guard. Probably overheard it standing at the door.

Also, not digging through the thread to see if it was mentioned, but Martin kinda put an end to the Jeyne Westerling was she/wasn't she preggo shit tonight.

i wonder if jon snow's "death" will have the same affect as tonight

grrm2_zps8917ef33.png

Watching this episode only reinforced my belief that GRRM has essentially written himself into a corner by creating a brilliantly constructed shocking plot twist at the expense of the progress of the story. Ever since Red Wedding the books havent been nearly as good as the first trilogy imo. The story has lost most of the progression and anticipation to me. It's still good, mind you. but so far there just hasn't been anything as remotely compelling as the Stark/Lannister clash to fill the vacuum RW created.

I watched it with a friend of mine who never read the books and he was actually saying he doesn't know who to root for anymore, and I understand completely what he means.

Watching this episode only reinforced my belief that GRRM has essentially written himself into a corner by creating a brilliantly constructed shocking plot twist at the expense of the progress of the story. Ever since Red Wedding the books havent been nearly as good as the first trilogy imo. The story has lost most of the progression and anticipation to me. It's still good, mind you. but so far there just hasn't been anything as remotely compelling as the Stark/Lannister clash to fill the vacuum RW created.

I watched it with a friend of mine who never read the books and he was actually saying he doesn't know who to root for anymore, and I understand completely what he means.

4&5 are supposed to be 1 book so it's unfair to compare them to the first 3.

I like Stannis vs. Everyone and by the time book 4 rolled around I was tired of the Lannisters and was happy the Ironborn and Dorne were fleshed out.

4&5 are supposed to be 1 book so it's unfair to compare them to the first 3.

I like Stannis vs. Everyone and by the time book 4 rolled around I was tired of the Lannisters and was happy the Ironborn and Dorne were fleshed out.

I dunno about unfair. Its like 2000 pages, so plenty of time to try to get something goin. I think book 6 is key. Like I said, Im still enjoying stuff about Stannis, Tyrion, Arya, etc. But there's just not the same level of involvement for me. Unlike Neds death which was a catalyst for the story that came after, RW just feels like a somewhat arbitrary plot twist for shock value.

I don't think so. Robb was never truly a "main" character.

Thank you!

When I reread SoS, I skipped all of her stupid chapters.

Likewise, I skip all her chapters on re-reads.

It pisses me off to know that GRRM won't ever kill her off because his wife doesn't want him to.

I dunno about unfair. Its like 2000 pages, so plenty of time to try to get something goin. I think book 6 is key. Like I said, Im still enjoying stuff about Stannis, Tyrion, Arya, etc. But there's just not the same level of involvement for me. Unlike Neds death which was a catalyst for the story that came after, RW just feels like a somewhat arbitrary plot twist for shock value.

Yea I can agree with this. Book 4 & 5 took a huge drop off in quality and I in part blame the RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back