Aspinall vs Gane for UFC 300??

lerobshow

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
This is 100% random, but I was thinking about some 'super' matchups that Dana White mentioned he's trying to schedule for UFC 300, and one pairing seems pretty clear to me—Aspinall vs Gane.

Both fighters don't have a fight scheduled, both are healthy and both are probably the most athletics heavyweight we've seen for a very long time (Only other I can think of is Mitrione).

I'm trying to think of others, and the only one that comes to mind is Chandler vs McGregor.

Anyway -- would that fight excite you? And do you think it's actually a matchup that's being worked on?

That would be a compelling fight, but it's better to save that for a big European card

UFC 300 is gonna get a lot of casual fans so let's get some big names in there, regardless if they are relevant to the title picture. Like you said, Conor vs Chandler would be good. Ronda vs Cain at sea level would also be massive

I think that is the next fight, but with Paul Craig leaking that there's going to be an event in Manchester next March, I think this fight would be far more likely to headline that.

Tom did say he would like to be a part of the 300 card though, so you never know.

Costa’s girlfriend vs Garry’s wife.
You read it here first.

Gane has lost two title fights already and the last one was humiliating. He needs to win more than one fight in a row against someone outside the top 5 before getting another one imo. The UFC seems terrified of the idea of him facing Blaydes.

HW title fight seems pretty likely for 300.

Other options....

WW
FW (125)
LHW

Rest it out.

Bring back Meathead and make it a triple threat

For me, Gane needs to prove himself before he gets another interim or full title shot.

Aspinall has a ground game. I don't think Gane makes it much longer against him than he did Jones.

I still think with the best procedures and medicines from around the world, Jon Jones will be available. Even if the numbered need to follow this progression. 299, 299 1/4, 299 1/2, 299 3/4, 299 7/8........

Back