Aspinall vs. Gane

Who takes it?

• Total voters
You think Aspinall beats Ngannou? Lmao.
There is a very good chance, yes.

And Tom is probably the worst match up for any heavyweight on earth at the moment. His hand speed, takedowns, top control and submission game is just unprecedented at heavyweight. These four Things are the very reason some people still think Fedor is the GOAT.

Good matchup, I would favor Gane by decision

I think this would be a great matchup for HW. If Tom beats gane convincingly I’d be convinced he’s gonna be a champion

Recency bias lmao
I don’t think it’s. He just butt fucked the number 6 guy with ease in every area of the game

Little early for that to happen unfortunately, but damn.. Aspinall has serious potential. Flawless performance.
I mean, he just beat the number 6 or so guy. His next fight will need to be a top 5 guy. No reason it can’t be Gane

Aspinall is somewhat like Gane, but with more aggression, willingness to engage and killer instinct.

Would be a real interesting match up against easily the 2 most stylish heavyweights.

tom prolly gets it done wif dat grappling. Frankis only had to stop by for a cup of coffee over at wrestling training in order to NCAA plook gane

They will have a trilogy. I'll bump this thread the night of Gane-Aspinall 3.

I favor Tom. His ground game and grappling instincts would make a difference.

I know he was fighting in the prelims, but Sergei Pavlovich looked impressive too. Gane was supposed to fight him not that long ago, but Sergei had visa issues.

I'd love to see that fight. Or maybe against Lewis.

Not really. There's some MMAth in there as well. Aspinall just walked through Volkov like it was nothing while Gane struggled in parts against him and went the full 25 minutes.
Yes but Lewis KOd Volkov and Gane KOd Lewis. Plus Aspinall has been submitted but Gane has only lost a decision to the champ. Based on this very scientific analysis, there’s no need for them to fight. Gane is clearly the superior fighter.

Gane will have put real work into upping his grappling game by the time we see him next, favor Aspinall if you like but you're fooling yourself if you think Gane will look the same as he did in those last few championship rounds next time around.

I don't know how it will play out ultimately but UFC tonight found two more legit Top 10 HW tonight with Aspinall and Pavlovich which the horrendous division desperately needs. Too much recycling for rematches has gone on in the Top 10 with not enough true contenders.

I am in agreeance. I was very impressed by Aspinall, previosuly myself being rather indifferent (or perhaps even ignorant lol). But boy o boy can he move.

Clearly Aspinail might not look that impressive physically compared to Gane or Francis but his fight IQ and complete skillet will easily get him the belt if he gets out of round 1 with Francis.

Looking forward to the eventual Jones VS Aspinall for the undisputed HW title.

I would like to see this fight next. However if the UFC wants to delay having him fight the top dogs they should feed Tuivasa to him.

Back