At what point do we stop responding to drug ODs?

I guess the same goes for helping anyone who has caused their own health problems.

Heart attack? Fuck you, you shouldn't have eaten bacon.
Cancer? Fuck you, you shouldn't have worked around asbestos.
Car accident? Fuck you, you should have been driving more carefully.

I'm sure these sort of things cost much more money than treating overdoses, and that's what's important, right? Saving money?

Some of you are just short sighted and jaded pricks who can't help but to want to feel edgy.

I guess the same goes for helping anyone who has caused their own health problems.

Heart attack? Fuck you, you shouldn't have eaten bacon.
Cancer? Fuck you, you shouldn't have worked around asbestos.
Car accident? Fuck you, you should have been driving more carefully.

I'm sure these sort of things cost much more money than treating overdoses, and that's what's important, right? Saving money?

Some of you are just short sighted and jaded pricks who can't help but to want to feel edgy.

I have zero sympathy for someone who jams a needle full of heroin in their arm. Cant blame it on anything but bad fucking life choices.

Medical aid cool. I'll try and revive a heart attack victim anytime. Same with a car crash.

You want to shoot heroin you run the risk of OD'ing and dying.

Big pharma would have none of this.

Herron is being demonized now (yes it is fucking bad) but LEGAL drugs kill more people per capita every day than illegal drugs.
aint no one tryin to hear that tho

I have zero sympathy for someone who jams a needle full of heroin in their arm. Cant blame it on anything but bad fucking life choices.

Medical aid cool. I'll try and revive a heart attack victim anytime. Same with a car crash.

Why does your sympathy matter here?

Why does your sympathy matter here?
Because I'm now being asked to carry Narcan and the reason given is we need to be sympathetic and treat junkies who OD.

Its not my freaking job, if I wanted to treat them I would be a nurse, EMT, etc. I'm a cop my job is to take them,to jail, not revive them every week when they OD.

So now we are expected to treat them and can't charge them or anyone else who called it in with anything. Its a joke.

Because I'm now being asked to carry Narcan and the reason given is we need to be sympathetic and treat junkies who OD.

Its not my freaking job, if I wanted to treat them I would be a nurse, EMT, etc. I'm a cop my job is to take them,to jail, not revive them every week when they OD.

So now we are expected to treat them and can't charge them or anyone else who called it in with anything. Its a joke.

Your job is what your told to do. You want to be boss? Go into the private sector and generate wealth instead of being a luxury item for those of that do. Youre basically blaming drug users for you being bad at your job. No wonder you're taking a government paycheck.

I worked as a barback and dude on the couch OD'd,carried him out and called the ambulance. They just put him on a stretcher into the back while his friends laughed. They were too high to know what was goin on.
Fuggen druggies...SMH

Your job is what your told to do. You want to be boss? Go into the private sector and generate wealth instead of being a luxury item for those of that do. Youre basically blaming drug users for you being bad at your job. No wonder you're taking a government paycheck.
Glad to know police are a luxury item for those who generate wealth. Must have missed that civic lesson in college, in the Army on deployment, and in the police academy.

I'm blaming drug abusers for shooting fucking heroin in their arms then being surprised they OD...

Drug deaths from over doses are a small percentage of drug users. Deaths from obesity caused illnesses is the number one non age related killer.

Should we brand obese people for being idiots too?

Ever try it without booting? I bet its a hell of a rush!

You're a cunt. I bet you're another one of those assholes that thinks every addict is a bad person too, right?

Might be time to retire.When you hate the job that much it's not healthy man.I have been there myself im not even trying to troll here.I am was an EMT and fireman in my town where i lived and a cop in nypd at the same time trust me i have seen all you have and more after 9/11. You really sound like you need a change.Maybe retire, maybe just change assignment or switch to a different division of the dept for some fresh air.

Glad to know police are a luxury item for those who generate wealth. Must have missed that civic lesson in college, in the Army on deployment, and in the police academy.

I'm blaming drug abusers for shooting fucking heroin in their arms then being surprised they OD...

It's cool, all that time being trained and you're still a moron, it's a fault in the grey matter, not the institutions.

Anyway, besides you, who's saying anything about surprise? Somebody calls because they want the person to live, all of this other shit is just you projecting negative connotations to support your own lazy, judgmental instincts. Don't forget the "serve" part of your name.

Might be time to retire.When you hate the job that much it's not healthy man.I have been there myself im not even trying to troll here.I am was an EMT and fireman in my town where i lived and a cop in nypd at the same time trust me i have seen all you have and more after 9/11. You really sound like you need a change.Maybe retire, maybe just change assignment or switch to a different division of the dept for some fresh air.

Nah, I love my job. I just hate the current idiocy going on in regards to how to handle drugs.

CA has made all drugs misdemeanors. No longer felony for possession unless you can prove sales. Except most agencies still treat dope as if it is the be all end all of police work. If you aren't out arresting people for dope you are not being a "good cop."

But these same agencies are now issuing Narcan and saying, "well, we won't prosecute for OD's and you need to save them." But I can't administer an inhaler to a kid with asthma or give a kid an Epi shot for a bee sting. Not sure how that makes any sense.

Just legalize it and be done with it. Quit shoving us in the middle of bi-polar policy making on the "war on drugs."

Open a history book, "police" like in the modern western state are only extant in wealthy, rich civilisations throughout ancient to modern times. You could say they are a proto-typical urban luxury item.

As someone that OD'd this year(you can find my thread on it if you go far enough back) on opiates...wow

I am a normal man. I'm that guy that is professional and polite to everyone he meets. Thats treat the cashier at Burger King the same he would a DR, police officer, etc. Respect everyone unless I am given a reason not to.

The guy that would save some poor guy getting mugged/beat down even if it risks my own well being.

The guy with no criminal record, at all. The guy with a family that would be in ruins if I didn't survive.

The guy that learned his lesson and didn't touch a narcotic even once since that day...

The guy that was INTRODUCED to opiates when a guy with a suspended licenses and no insurance ran a stop sign and royally fucked up my life. I had never tried a narcotic before that day, and suddenly I'm hooked up to a dilaudid IV and given a massive oxy and soma script.

And some of you, including a police officer, feel I should have just been left for dead. Lol. I'm not going to get upset about it or care at all, but its really quite shocking.

I've seen my fair share of ODs in my line of work and its very common where I live unfortunately. Its honestly hard to feel sad for people that do these things to themselves

Back