Atkins Diet

I slightly disagree. I know plenty people who have bodyfat to lose but lift weights rigorously. Whereas I don't know many runners who have problems losing bodyfat. I can understand arguing for the benefits of lifting, but I wouldn't go encouraging only lifting and no cardio for purposes of fat loss.
Exactly. Lifting is going to help, but the cardio based activity is where it's at for fat loss. It's just people tend to hate cardio, ha.

Atkins is actually horrible for your body, especially if your a sports minded individual

This is the start of my second week on Atkins.....Well day one of week two to be exact and I've lost eight pounds. Yeah, it's water weight but it's a start none the less.

November the 13th lost 10 lbs I know that no one gives a shit but I'm pretty pumped about it.

Wow. I guess I'm the only one who felt pretty good on a keto diet. I would've kept doing it, but I got bored out of my mind on it.

My energy actually went through the roof once I got going.

What sort of stuff do u eat on the diet I know you have very limited carbs but do u eat any read meat or anything?

Flameout is a *convenient* fish oil in that it's very concentrated, but you still get more for your money buying Costco fish oil and taking twice as many capsules.

I like you.

What sort of stuff do u eat on the diet I know you have very limited carbs but do u eat any read meat or anything?

Yeah. The key is to keep fat intake fairly high. I knew some guys who may have taken it a step further eating sausages and deli meat a lot, I just ate fattier cuts of beef.

A guy I worked with tried it, but couldn't keep his fat intake high enough, it was just chicken breasts and lean beef all the time.

You can eat steaks, ham, chicken, fish, shrip. I like to eat steaks about two to three times a week and the rest of the time I go with chicken or lean ground beef.

i am on day 4 of week 1 feel fine.. a little low on energy but... nothing awful

I did Atkins in 2004 and lost a fair bit of weight and I felt great. I wasn't exercising at all, just dieting.

From memory, while doing Atkins you should increase your intake of mono and poly unsaturated fats, as when your carb stores deplete after the first few days, your body switches to burning fat as an energy source.

Atkins gets a bad wrap for the first phase of the diet, but as other posters have advised, the later phases of the diet increases the amount of carbs one can have.

My only word of warning is to make sure you keep your fibre up with Psyllium Husk or ****mucil or whatever tickles your fancy. Not enough fibre and you can have dramas with your plumbing.

didnt the guy that created the Atkins diet died using it? i heard from too much fat or something that gave him a heart attack.

didnt the guy that created the Atkins diet died using it? i heard from too much fat or something that gave him a heart attack.

On April 8, 2003, at age 72, Dr. Atkins slipped on the ice while walking to work, hitting his head and causing bleeding around his brain. He lost consciousness on the way to the hospital, where he spent two weeks in intensive care. His death certificate states that the cause of death was "blunt impact injury of head with epidural hematoma".[

Back