Aussie rock appreciation thread

I met Suze de Marchi of Baby Animals at a Towradgi Beach Hotel (on the South Coast of NSW) gig in the mid 2000s and I had the time of my life talking to her about rock, Australia and her famous hubby. Suze is a marvy "sheila" (that's how us Aussies call our sexy girls:):)) who contributed very much to the development of Australian rock ....YOU be the judge :)

Beasts of Bourbon

Everyone in the band was under the age of 18 when this came out

How has this thread gone an entire page without a single mention of Nick Cave or The Birthday Party? Y'all disappoint me

I think I made a thread a few years ago, but it may not even be searchable now.

Some of my favourites...

You Am I:

The Brown Study Band:

Celibate Rifles:

Sleeping Giant - this guy's voice is just enormous:

AC/DC - ROCKED the Back In Black live tour in Greensboro NC... kick ass high school memory.

Also The Mark of Cain

Fuck yeah now we're talking, seen em heaps (clip is with Stanier from Helmet on drums)

For you death metal heads, these guys are out of Tassie

These guys Karnivool are prog rock mainly, this is more straight ahead rock though (with some time sig fuckery), I think they have a bit of a following in the US

Fuck yeah now we're talking, seen em heaps (clip is with Stanier from Helmet on drums)

For you death metal heads, these guys are out of Tassie

These guys Karnivool are prog rock mainly, this is more straight ahead rock though (with some time sig fuckery), I think they have a bit of a following in the US

All solid choices. Saw Karnivool in Berlin a few months back. My German friends loved em too.

All solid choices. Saw Karnivool in Berlin a few months back. My German friends loved em too.

They're a great live band, I saw them with Cog last year and a few other prog bands (and Ocean Grove ha ha), gotta say Karnivool blew Cog off the stage, and Cog were excellent.

∆∆∆∆∆∆ All remarkable choices up here, but I don't fancy Mark of Cain much....probably something weak in their arrangements....it just doesn't grab me :) .

Ok, so it's half kiwis and half Aussies in this cool OZ rock band from the distant past - Max Merritt is one of Australasia's greatest artists : )

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back