Aussie rock appreciation thread

Dollsquad - very cool live , but the audience is a dodo :)

Queen used to sing Time waits for nobody ......truly it doesn't - this rare piece by the legendary Aussie glam band Skyhooks celebrates 50 years in the making ....wow !!!!
(only audio available because the gig in the 70s was never filmed!!)

What ????? No mention of The Triffids from Perth WA ???? They've been around for ages, but they seem to be overlooked a wee bit. If you like the Nick Cave poetry connected to the Hoodoo Gurus sound , you'll love them

Until very recently the only Divinyls song I’d ever heard was “I touch myself,” which I thought sucked donkey balls. Turns out they were a kick ass rock band.

Until very recently the only Divinyls song I’d ever heard was “I touch myself,” which I thought sucked donkey balls. Turns out they were a kick ass rock band.

1980 saw the birth of one of Australia's greatest acts after Baby Animals with Suze de Marchi. Chrissie Amphlett (RIP :() really knew how to use her vocal chords to the utmost. I don't like all of their songs, but overall, it was a cool band IMG_6367.jpg

Their album 'Imago' is great and no one has ever heard it lol

Stigwood gave The Aztecs their big time chance - and they took it !!

4 pages and no mention of The Angels? Shame.

Glad to see TISM here though. Carry on.

4 pages and no mention of The Angels? Shame.

Glad to see TISM here though. Carry on.

Oh, I had The Angels firm in mind since the beginning, but I didn't want to steal the show by posting them as well !!! Finally someone dug in ....thanks :):)

Oh, I had The Angels firm in mind since the beginning, but I didn't want to steal the show by posting them as well !!! Finally someone dug in ....thanks :):)

Haha fair point, have to give the thread a chance I guess

Great great song...

They wrote this while living in Australia, so....incredible song...sounds more like a Barry demo, then brought it to the guys..

Back