Australia: Car plows through crowd, 19 injured

It's not as true in Melbourne, but we've had Australians of Afghan descent where I live for nearly 2 centuries now.
You also might not be aware, but the majority of Afghan refugees we've taken in recently (post 9/11) have been religious minorities.
Mostly Hazara, but yes, also Christians.

And yet ive yet too meet one of these elusive australian afghan descendants. What city do they live in ?

dzlRlgh.jpg

Saved for later.

Left - But they're good for us! We must import more.

Sweden and Germany - quick hide and damage control negative crime reports! Nothing to see here.gif

Overall they are a very small percentage, numbering in the thousands, but because religious minorities facing persecution are a priority for the refugee program we are more likely to see them.
Most of our Afghan refugees are Hazara, but there's Christians, Sikhs, Hindus, Zoroastrians and Bahai as well.
Would you stop with the facts please. Brown person = mooslim = terrorist. White person = mentally ill = lone wolf. It's a simple narrative. Stop trying to ruin it.

Retarded leftist narratives.

I will come back to the cucks in this thread when this it is found this guy is fit to stand trial and culpable for the crime.

Minority or ethnic person commits an attack? All immigrants, all refugees, all Muslims etc are bad and it can't possibly be mental illness (even if the background of the person is unknown).

Conservative white guy does an attack? Lone wolf, mentally ill, no true Scotsman, can't prevent this they'd find a way etc.

Again and again. Stay classy war room.

I think what rustles me about posts like these and those like ol trots is that not too long ago some asshole blew himself up at concert, not too long ago some asshole ran over people in Spain, France.....kids, women, they don’t give a fuck. A few weeks goes by and that’s it all the prayers and sympathy end....it’s insanity. Then posters like these have the balls to say well conservative white guy blah blah blah. The real and more obviously destructive problem is brushed under the table until the next asshole comes along

I think what rustles me about posts like these and those like ol trots is that not too long ago some asshole blew himself up at concert, not too long ago some asshole ran over people in Spain, France.....kids, women, they don’t give a fuck. A few weeks goes by and that’s it all the prayers and sympathy end....it’s insanity. Then posters like these have the balls to say well conservative white guy blah blah blah. The real and more obviously destructive problem is brushed under the table until the next asshole comes along
Another reason is that while there are many white killers they are in fact usually mentally ill and very few of them claim they did it for any right wing reason.
Take the las vegas concert shooter, did he shout Heil Hitler or Heil Trump? Did he claim he did it in the name of the pope or Jesus Christ?
Or that guy that shoot up a church, well, he shoot up a church filled with white people, enough said.
There are a few like Dylan Roof or the guy that killed 1 person by ramming her with a car and I put them in my list, and it is nothing close to muslims that openly claim they're doing it for Jihad, Al Qaeda or the Islamic State.

And yet ive yet too meet one of these elusive australian afghan descendants. What city do they live in ?

I've met some in Adelaide, but most of them settled in communities scattered through central Australia. You might not pick their heritage if you met them though, as they mostly intermarried with aboriginals and to a lesser extent european-Australians. They were also from the Pashtun, Baluchi, Punjabi, and Sindhi tribes, so they don't have the Asian/Mongolian features of the Hazara.

More likely to look like this:

5606880-3x2-700x467.jpg

or this:

v6.png

Than this:

family2_600px.jpg

It's not as true in Melbourne, but we've had Australians of Afghan descent where I live for nearly 2 centuries now.
You also might not be aware, but the majority of Afghan refugees we've taken in recently (post 9/11) have been religious minorities.
Mostly Hazara, but yes, also Christians.

My tailor is a catholic afghani who escaped persecution over there

My tailor is a catholic afghani who escaped persecution over there

I wonder what percentage of the religious minorities in Afghanistan left under the Taliban or after the invasion in 2001? I imagine it was a lot of them.

I wonder what percentage of the religious minorities in Afghanistan left under the Taliban or after the invasion in 2001? I imagine it was a lot of them.

Well, leaving is kind of a western notion from our freewheeling societies.

Uprooting a family in a near-east culture to be a refugee, or take a wild gamble in a culture that usually requires roots/relationships to succeed is quite the trouble unless they are upper middle or upper class.

Usually going underground with their beliefs is what may happen. A hidden crucifix here, an emblem of the Buddha there.

When the Chinese authorities raided a local church here for being "unregistered" (this district has two "official" churches for millions of people, not an accident of oppression), the religious started randomizing the rooms they used for service and meeting at informal locales, like cafes.

Well, leaving is kind of a western notion from our freewheeling societies.

Uprooting a family in a near-east culture to be a refugee, or take a wild gamble in a culture that usually requires roots/relationships to succeed is quite the trouble unless they are upper middle or upper class.

Usually going underground with their beliefs is what may happen. A hidden crucifix here, an emblem of the Buddha there.

When the Chinese authorities raided a local church here for being "unregistered" (this district has two "official" churches for millions of people, not an accident of oppression), the religious started randomizing the rooms they used for service and meeting at informal locales, like cafes.

It's harder for the minorities (aside from converts) to hide in Afghanistan, because it's mostly ethno-religious identities. The physical differences between the Hazara and Pashtun are obvious for instance.
a3101bd90f65b4529d0dc85f66d10535--character-reference-pakistani.jpg
5449a827aacde.jpg
I know a lot of the Catholics, Sikhs and Hindus left for India, but the refugee programs that opened up post invasion offered relocation services that wouldn't have been available in the '90s under the Taliban. We have gotten some skilled migration here in Australia, but given how restrictive that process is you can guarantee that's from the urban upper class.

Afghanis in Australia have a good reputation from what I've seen.

They didn't start forming gangs or cause troubles when they fist came here in horde in post 2001 unlike the Italians in the pre-70s, Balkans/ex-Yugos in the 80s, Vietnamese in the 90s, Lebanese in the early 2000s or South Sudanese in 2010s.

There are full of Afghanis in Melbourne but they aren't hated as much as Lebanese and Sudanese communities. I heard many Aussies around me secretly said they got along with Afghans more than any other "brown" nationals.

Last edited:
It's harder for the minorities (aside from converts) to hide in Afghanistan, because it's mostly ethno-religious identities. The physical differences between the Hazara and Pashtun are obvious for instance.
a3101bd90f65b4529d0dc85f66d10535--character-reference-pakistani.jpg
5449a827aacde.jpg
I know a lot of the Catholics, Sikhs and Hindus left for India, but the refugee programs that opened up post invasion offered relocation services that wouldn't have been available in the '90s under the Taliban. We have gotten some skilled migration here in Australia, but given how restrictive that process is you can guarantee that's from the urban upper class.

Well noted.

As for another question; what would you do in Australian society to address the terrorist threat?

Creating the conditions in a society where anyone can be run over on a crowded street seems unacceptable. I don't think screening refugees specifically on religious tests is quite fair, but something to put a red flag on troubled regions and troubled aspects of Islamic belief should be fair game.

What do you feel? Specifically for Australia.

Afghanis in Australia have a good reputation from what I've seen.

They didn't start forming gangs or cause troubles when they fist came here in horde in post 2001 unlike the Italians in the pre-70s, Balkans/ex-Yugos in the 80s, Vietnamese in the 90s, Lebanese in the early 2000s or South Sudanese in 2010s.

There are full of Afghanis in Melbourne but they aren't hated as much as Lebanese and Sudanese communities. I heard many Aussies around me secretly said they got along with Afghans more than any other "brown" nationals which is true.

The only real trouble I've noticed within the Afghan community here is a continuation of grievances from their homeland. Someone firebombed the car of one of the Afghans (Hazara) I met here, causing third degree burns to most of his body and requiring a couple of years of extensive craniofacial work. This was after surviving a grenade attack in Afghanistan.

Round up all the terrorists and crazy people and put them somewhere.

Well noted.

As for another question; what would you do in Australian society to address the terrorist threat?

Creating the conditions in a society where anyone can be run over on a crowded street seems unacceptable. I don't think screening refugees specifically on religious tests is quite fair, but something to put a red flag on troubled regions and troubled aspects of Islamic belief should be fair game.

We've had hyperlegislation against the terrorist threat here in Australia, and aside from the financial regulations, virtually to no effect except the loss of civil liberties.
The laws covering financial transactions (they can freeze transactions and accounts) have been effective in combating both terrorism and organised crime, making them one of the few worthwhile changes.
The most noteworthy/publicised Australian terrorists have been converts from non-muslim backgrounds, so it's unlikely that screening will be particularly effective.
As a percentage of our immigration, refugees are a tiny minority. We do screen all refugees for their history and extreme views though.
I think the Australian government should take more of an interest in Muslim clerical leadership in the country. We don't want Salafist Imams from Saudi Arabia or their money. Given the region and it's history of Islam, a regional Muslim clergy with a relationship with the Government could avoid a lot of issues and provide a line of communication to otherwise cloistered communities.
Boot out any radical Imams where possible. Don't take more refugees than we can successfully integrate (don't create isolated communities of ethnic underclasses).
I think scaling back the idea of a "Big Australia" will prevent more social problems than giving police powers of mandatory detention and unlimited surveillance.

Well noted.

Well, our government have cut off people arriving by boat onshore and claiming asylum. The refugees that do make it here are screened and approved.
The two vehicle attacks in Melbourne this year were by people with a history of mental illness and ice use. These two factors (usually in combination) have caused a large rise in street violence and family violence. Police and health services have been warning about it for ages now.

We've had hyperlegislation against the terrorist threat here in Australia, and aside from the financial regulations, virtually to no effect except the loss of civil liberties.
The laws covering financial transactions have been effective in combating both terrorism and organised crime, making them one of the few worthwhile changes.
The most noteworthy/publicised Australian terrorists have been converts from non-muslim backgrounds, so it's unlikely that screening will be particularly effective.
As a percentage of our immigration refugees are a tiny minority, we do screen all refugees for their history and extreme views though.
I think the Australian government should take more of an interest in Muslim clerical leadership in the country. We don't want Salafist Imams from Saudi Arabia or their money. Given the region and it's history of Islam, a regional Muslim clergy with a relationship with the Government could avoid a lot of issues and provide a line of communication to otherwise cloistered communities.
Boot out any radical Imams where possible. Don't take more refugees than we can successfully integrate (don't create isolated communities of ethnic underclasses).
I think scaling back the idea of a "Big Australia" will prevent more social problems than giving police powers of mandatory detention and unlimited surveillance.

This. go after the source. close down any religious institutions connected with saudi arabia, qatar or any salafist movement. Make ALL religious institutions make public their major funding and ban or limit foreign funds.
Also dont let anyone in that covers up their women in burqas, niqab or whatever the fuck they call them; they are a sign of more extreme views.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back