Australia taking harder line on visas, sending back 'Canadian' who moved here at age two

Neph

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
'I'm Aussie': Man with disability to be deported to Canada after racking up criminal record

9099668-3x2-700x467.jpg

Colin Martin admits he is frightened because by the end of the month he will be on a plane to Canada, the home of his birth — but a place he knows little about.

"To be honest with you I'm scared because I don't know anything," the 26-year-old told the ABC over the phone from a detention facility.

"You know it's another country — I've grown up in Australia — I'm Aussie."

He came to Australia as a toddler when his Australian-born mother and Canadian father moved to Australia in 1994.

"I've grown up here, I've done all my school here," he said.

But school was difficult and he was diagnosed with an intellectual disability when he was 14, around the same time he started offending and taking drugs.

Deported under 'bad character' test
It has been almost a year since he was picked up by Immigration officers at Dandenong Magistrates Court in Melbourne's east, and told he was an overstayer.

He's also been deemed of "bad character" by the Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton because of a long history of criminal offending.

Timeline:
  • 1992: Colin Martin born in Canada
  • 1994: Moved to Australia
  • 2006: Diagnosed with a learning disability, aged 14
  • 2007: Started using heroin and marijuana
  • 2011: Convicted of taking part in armed robbery, sentenced to 2 years' jail
  • 2017: Detained by immigration officials to be deported
  • May 2018: Appeal against deportation dismissed

"I didn't know in doing these offences that I'd be thrown out of the country away from my friends and family," he told an appeal hearing of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) last week.

"How can I be unlawful at three years old," he asked AAT senior member Andrew Nikolic who was presiding over the matter.

The AAT heard Martin had committed more than 150 offences — mostly graffiti and other property offences, but also drugs and driving or traffic convictions.

The most serious crime was taking part in an armed robbery of a Subway franchise in November 2011.

9772094-3x2-700x467.jpg

PHOTO: This graph shows the number of Australian visas cancelled (blue) and refused (red) on character grounds since 2010. (Supplied: Department of Home Affairs)

Someone needs to take a stand against these Canadian scum .

They probably feared that Trudeau would show up and dress up like:

a67f04a1e772a5d35b8c4fe517dd2704.jpg

Is he an Australian citizen? If so, how can they deport him? If not, why not?

"How can I be unlawful at three years old," he asked AAT senior member Andrew Nikolic who was presiding over the matter.

When you started taking illegal drugs and took part in anarmed robbery?

lol at australia "taking harder line on visas" - as if they already didnt regard their country as second coming of christ when it came to visa applications..

He shouldn't have committed armed robbery. It was the wrong thing to do.

Lol, he started heroin, after finding out he was retarded? Let us just hope he never learned to reproduce.

"I didn't know in doing these offences that I'd be thrown out of the country away from my friends and family," he told an appeal hearing of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) last week.

Is he trying to say he wouldn't have offended if he knew he risked getting deported?

I wouldn't have done the thing if I knew I'd get in trouble....nah, doesn't work sorry.

lol especailly since Canada is crawling with Aussie & kiwis and their stupid hats!

Good, send him to that shit hole Canada. Maybe he can get some welfare and healthcare.

this has more to do with deporting all the polynesian criminals from new zealand. sucks for the canadian.

"Crikey, I had no idea that there would be consequences to being a drug addict that participates in armed robberies."

>>> Wins free trip to Trudeau's liberal paradise.

Doesnt Australia have an issue with African gangs.. And they kick this guy out lol

Edit just googled gang members deported from Australia. They are. Ignore post lol

Last edited:
If I was him I would claim allegiance to ISIS, throw a grenade at some US soldiers and kill one, and then collect Millions from Jihad Justin.

Back