Locked AVENGERS: ENDGAME Thread v.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I addressed that. Black Widow, Wonder Woman, Marie Hill.

But again the pictures you posted above where directed at a time when almost every female hero made Barbie look non curvy. It is actually ridiculous to the extreme.

So I would say no, again that the MCU will not hire instagram model types, or Cross Fit super fit women types over good qualified acctresses to feed horny young boys who want to see that brought back.

The guys ROID up for their roles and deflate soon after. Women cannot get away with that.

This is about the best you will get for that type of look in an actress

gina-carano-11.jpg

And if she could have stayed in shape and learned to act better that would have been great. But its a very tough and rare combination in women right now due to small numbers who fit both.

Unfortunately we are more likely to end up with this

20150708081440_1DX_5206.JPG

maybe on the villain side.

CYBORG!
Cyborg with a prettier face and some acting ability would be perfect for playing a female superhero.

Cyborg with a prettier face and some acting ability would be perfect for playing a female superhero.
The 'acting ability' thing there is key.

Hollywood has not attracted legions of uber fit, Instagram built like actresses who could 'look' the part and even they would fall short of what Comics have fed horny young boys for decades in terms of looks for most super females.

These are about as good as we are likely to ever get in terms of acting ability and look for a lead actress who can carry a film.

lara-croft-angelina-jolie.jpg

widow.jpg

images

So if we get any type of teaser this month hopefully then when we would get a full trailer? If the movie comes out in May ( assuming they don't bump up the date like the last one) then the final trailer would be two months before ( march ? ) so the first main real trailer would be before that ( January ? ) , does that sound about right?

I thought I read somewhere that this movie would be advertised differently than others in the past so who knows what means. I feel it's just gonna drop randomly out of nowhere on someones twitter like RDJ's and word of mouth would be their advertising for this movie cos Disney doesn't really have to spend money on advertising since its gonna break all the records anyways.

So if we get any type of teaser this month hopefully then when we would get a full trailer? If the movie comes out in May ( assuming they don't bump up the date like the last one) then the final trailer would be two months before ( march ? ) so the first main real trailer would be before that ( January ? ) , does that sound about right?

I thought I read somewhere that this movie would be advertised differently than others in the past so who knows what means. I feel it's just gonna drop randomly out of nowhere on someones twitter like RDJ's and word of mouth would be their advertising for this movie cos Disney doesn't really have to spend money on advertising since its gonna break all the records anyways.

Pretty sure I read the same thing. The fucking teaser is going to break the Internet, never mind the full trailer.

I hope Wednesday as well. Gives us something to talk about even if its a 5 second teaser.

Randomly how strong is Captain Marvel? Does she need the other avengers? People talking like she kind of doesn't so that would be crazy strong to me.

I don't know how her powers work and stuff but if shes super strong, I thought a cool spot would be she gets blasted by thanos's gauntlet and is fading away like the others but starts charging up and she reverses the fading away til its no more. That would be cool to see for that " holy crap " moment in a trailer or something.

I'm assuming it's a full trailer. The trailer for part 1 came out around the same time last year so I don't see why they couldnt have one ready.

Last edited:
Lol, did you just boo your own post? Well, at least you acknowledge that it’s probably a pretty unpopular opinion, at least around these parts.
ya. Sometimes someone has to be the truth teller even when the truth is not pretty.

Do I wish there were dozens of quality actresses who looked the part and could portray the female heroes as they looked in comic books. Hell yes. But they just do not exist and the MCU or DCU is not going to use a bunch instagram models or fitness models. And even if they did exist they would likely not use any/many as the audience is now well beyond horny teenage boys and they are trying to appeal to a broader audience including women and children.

Haha wow. I was just searching to post a super sexy heroine and saw this article which explains exactly why the MCU or DCU would not play up the tart angle too much. It is already on the SJW radar and would be an SJW nightmare for them.

Women Attempt Comic Book Poses To Condemn Body Images In The Media

$

Last edited:
I hope Wednesday as well. Gives us something to talk about even if its a 5 second teaser.

Randomly how strong is Captain Marvel? Does she need the other avengers? People talking like she kind of doesn't so that would be crazy strong to me.

I don't know how her powers work and stuff but if shes super strong, I thought a cool spot would be she gets blasted by thanos's gauntlet and is fading away like the others but starts charging up and she reverses the fading away til its no more. That would be cool to see for that " holy crap " moment in a trailer or something.
I have my own guess about what they may do with Captain Marvel.

Since the MCU likes to often blend story lines (as it appears they might do with Professor Hulk) I think they may blend Captain Marvel's powers with her ultimate form Binary's powers. I think she may start as a powerful Captain Marvel only, and as Thanos is blasting her or beating her, as you suggest and it looks like she may die, she will suddenly and to her surprise, channel and find her new strength and tap into the powers of Binary. She likely will not change physical form like in the comics but just show she has access to those powers. If asked by other hero's what just happened, what was that? She will reply I don't know. And the power may not be seen again.Saved for future adventures.

I have not seen anyone else suggest this so take it with many grains of salt from me.

Binary has Hulk Strength levels and her full power levels have not been mapped which seems to be more in line with what Feige has been saying.

Binary
Unusual Features: When Binary transforms into her energy-manipulating state, her skin turns red and her hair becomes a corona of cosmic flame.

Strength Level: The energies that Binary taps give her Class 100 strength, She can lift (press) over 100 tons.

Known Superhuman Powers: Binary can tap the energy of a white hole, that region of space which is the exit-point of a point singularity's ultimate inward collapse out of this universe and into another. (A black hole is a slightly more massive star than Earth's sun that has aged to the point that its fusion reaction has burned most of its hydrogen fuel and can no longer balance the weight of its outer layers with stellar flame. When the imbalance reaches a critical point, the outer layers collapse inward, producing depending on the original mass of star, a neutron star, black hole, or point singularity. A point singularity is such an extreme distortion of the space/time fabric of our universe that it extends into another universe. Under some circumstances, the extension is able to loop back into our space/time at some distance. This reentrance into our universe is a white hole.) This inter-dimensional breach is the 'weak" point at which Binary is able to divert small portions of cosmic energies into mentally activated disturbances of the space/time continuum around her. She is able to shape these disturbances into various lenses that focus or diffuse these relatively vast energies for a number of star-like effects. Binary is able to radiate heat, light, and the rest of the electromagnetic spectrum as well as gravity. Presumably the total amount of energy she can manifest is related to the cross-section, or "'window" she allows to open between universes. For example, an 8-inch diameter "hole" in the surface of a point singularity would let out a torrent of various energies. Binary is apparently able to apply a mental filter to these energies, allowing only the energies she chooses to pass through.

By directing stellar energy uni-directionally, she has a means of propulsion enabling her to fly at near light speed. Whether she can travel unaided through inter-universe regions is not yet known. She also has a sensitivity to the flux of ambient cosmic energies, giving her certain heightened perceptions.

I have my own guess about what they may do with Captain Marvel.

Since the MCU likes to often blend story lines (as it appears they might do with Professor Hulk) I think they may blend Captain Marvel's powers with her ultimate form Binary's powers. I think she may start as a powerful Captain Marvel only, and as Thanos is blasting her or beating her, as you suggest and it looks like she may die, she will suddenly and to her surprise, channel and find her new strength and tap into the powers of Binary. She likely will not change physical form like in the comics but just show she has access to those powers. If asked by other hero's what just happened, what was that? She will reply I don't know. And the power may not be seen again.Saved for future adventures.

I have not seen anyone else suggest this so take it with many grains of salt from me.

Binary has Hulk Strength levels and her full power levels have not been mapped which seems to be more in line with what Feige has been saying.

<{Joewithit}>

they could even change Binary's powers more and instead of her having the power to tap a white hole, as per above, instead she might be tapping the power of the quantum realm. The powers remain relatively the same and its just the source that is different.

Scott or Dr hank Pym might explain to her what she is doing and where she is getting her new found power from.

Again I am really going out on a limb here in guessing but Marvel has done stuff like this before (Ego re, Celestial's) and it would give her the power levels tehy have hinted at in a way that makes some sense even if pisses off comic book purists.

But everyone and all the studios keep fucking up like this, it’s like they never learn and think it’s the way to go. Makes zero sence I’m truely worried.

Maybe Disney learned for TLJ maybe not...
I feel the same as you. MCU IS GONNA FUCK THIS UP, THEY CAN'T POSSIBLY TOP AVENGERS INFINITY WAR 1. IF INFINITY WAR 2 ENDS UP BEING BETTER I'M GONNA CRY TEARS OF JOY

MealyRaggedAss-size_restricted.gif

Trailer is supposed to drop this Thursday.

I dont believe it. Why would they drop the Avengers 4 trailer BEFORE the Captain Marvel trailer?? That makes no sense business wise.

I dont believe it. Why would they drop the Avengers 4 trailer BEFORE the Captain Marvel trailer?? That makes no sense business wise.
With all the soy boys complaining a new female character is too powerful, maybe they wanna go with a proven commodity than risk boycott.

Also, the rumor is a trailer would coincide with a special screening with Collider.

With all the soy boys complaining a new female character is too powerful, maybe they wanna go with a proven commodity than risk boycott.

Also, the rumor is a trailer would coincide with a special screening with Collider.
is it the soyboys complaining or the misogynistic racist homophobes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back