Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.3 (First Epic Trailer Released; Most Watched Trailer of All Time)

What did you think of the Avengers: Infinity War trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A punch like that, from Thanos, should have done a whole lot more than it did when it hit Iron Man. Get ready for under-powered Thanos.
To me that just looks like a quick punch from Thanos. I'm sure he would know how to control his power and it could even just be him toying with iron man.

Checked the D23 trailer again. It’s definitely Stark in the suit.

At 1:39 it shows IM with his helmet off, on that planet with Spider-Man and the GOTG.

Edit: never mind, you can see it right on the thumbnail there.

To me that just looks like a quick punch from Thanos. I'm sure he would know how to control his power and it could even just be him toying with iron man.
Perhaps he pulled his punch because he didn't want to soil himself with brains and gore and just wanted to shoo the fly away. Kinda like Thor and Superman usually do with opponents until they know a hit won't just vaporize their foes. Who wants to spend more time cleaning dead enemy guts from their costumes than it takes to vanquish said opponents in the first place, after all?

A punch like that, from Thanos, should have done a whole lot more than it did when it hit Iron Man. Get ready for under-powered Thanos.

well this is MCU Thanos and not CBU so we should not expect CBU Thanos in this first showing. Heck he grew into his power over time in the CBU too.

That is the one thing the MCU has done well compared to the DCU by not just throwing God V God battles at the start and letting the audience see them grow into their power. These movies require the support of casuals and not just us comic book nerds.

Huh? Before getting btfo he’s not doing anything other than slowly raising his left hand, probably RDJ making some line like “uh, hey maybe we can just talk about this — ooof”

Don’t think that’s anyone other than Iron Man himself.

Ironman doesn't cover his face. Watch Civil War and he never looks unsure of himself. The suit looks thinner and feminine a bit. That's why some thought it was Spider-Man.

Notice how Tony is in normal clothes most of the trailer? Spiderman was also shown in the other trailer saying sorry to Tony while Tony is still in clothes. I think he's saying sorry because Pepper came out to help him while Tony was on the other side of the world and she ended up dying. He was too late, that's why he seems really devastated in the trailor holding someone.

We already seen Pepper in an Iron Man suit in Iron Man 3. Makes sense she would have her own suit by now.

At 1:39 it shows IM with his helmet off, on that planet with Spider-Man and the GOTG.

Ya he looks much bulkier then the one who's getting punched. And he's still in clothing when speaking to Spider-Man and looking devastated.

Ironman doesn't cover his face. Watch Civil War and he never looks unsure of himself. The suit looks thinner and feminine a bit. That's why some thought it was Spider-Man.

Notice how Tony is in normal clothes most of the trailer? Spiderman was also shown in the other trailer saying sorry to Tony while Tony is still in clothes. I think he's saying sorry because Pepper came out to help him while Tony was on the other side of the world and she ended up dying. He was too late, that's why he seems really devastated in the trailor holding someone.

We already seen Pepper in an Iron Man suit in Iron Man 3. Makes sense she would have her own suit by now.

Never send a woman to do an Iron Man's job;)

Calling it right now: the scene from the SDCC where Thanos tears a planet down from the heavens and throws it at the Avengers? Last scene in the film. They'll use that as the ultimate cliff-hanger ending.

Only watched it once at the cinema but wasn't the magic in Strange sold as using energy from another dimension?

That said I think the MCU is definitely moving in a more "mystical" direction, Ragnarok mentioned magicians for example and did less to try and STEM the abilities we saw plus if Strange potentially takes Starks role(very similar characters, I could see Strange playing off of Cap in a similar fashion to Stark) as leading the Avengers if the latter is killed by Thanos it could potentially go further that direction.

Keeping the style/tone of the MCU evolving is probably a smart thing for Marvel if they don't want audience burn out. I remember around 2012-13(especially for the Thor sequel) hearing quite a few people state they were tiring of it but the style of Guardians and the Russo's helped limit that it seems, certainly it did for me.

But then how are they pulling energy from other dimension if not with magic? Are they using some kind of telekinesis? What about the Maximoff doing The Last Airbender hand moves? If not magic then what tech is she using?

Ya he looks much bulkier then the one who's getting punched. And he's still in clothing when speaking to Spider-Man and looking devastated.

I think you’re seeing something that’s not there.

The D23 trailer makes it clear that Spider-Man and Iron Man steal Thanos’ ship and take it to that planet with the GotG. Thanos uses the space gem to instantly warp to that planet. He fights them, kicks their asses.

My prediction: Parker is saying sorry to Stark for not listening to him and getting his dumb ass self killed. Peter dies in Tony’s arms.

Calling it right now: the scene from the SDCC where Thanos tears a planet down from the heavens and throws it at the Avengers? Last scene in the film. They'll use that as the ultimate cliff-hanger ending.

What's exciting about this film is not also cause of the build up but we all aren't exactly sure how its going to go down despite our own theories aside from the obvious (Thanos will still live)

I have another speculating theory as well. What if MCU purposely didnt give us a good villain the last 17 movies because they were saving it for Thanos.

Maybe Stark isn’t even in the suit? Who knows?

Some people think that this is actually Pepper in the suit... I could see that.
RectangularFirsthandAustraliancattledog-max-14mb.gif
Or perhaps no one is in the suit. It’s a possibility

I thought Thanos was blue........does he change colors or something he looks different than he looked on GOTG

I predict Thor will get a new hammer and Cap will be able to pick up that Hammer.

@KnightTemplar

As of Today with Roughly $6million more dollars the Justice League will match the Avengers.....

Opening Weekend.

Damn, this and the recent trailer still gives me chills.

I have a feeling iron man's death is gonna cause a unite in the MCU having spidey as his up ancoming predeccessor and go full throttle in the second IW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back