B.A.S Body Action System Question

Jessel**

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, sorry if I'm wrong.

I was wondering if anyone around here has one or any opinions on it.

BAS Canada Body Action System Canada - Body Action System Exercise Equipment - Home Fitness

I'm wondering how much would help actual technique (If you throw properly) and the whole 'soft' target thing appeals to me as a professional musician.

I'm just curious what everyone thinks of it.

thanks,

again sorry if I'm in the wrong forum.

i bought it but really it is not worth the money. i punched the head off it the other day. Inside the head it is all plastic keeping it attached to the bar it will break. Do not buy it unless they change it to metal. Join a gym, buy a heavy bag, or even get a friend and some thai pads or focus mitts.

i bought it but really it is not worth the money. i punched the head off it the other day. Inside the head it is all plastic keeping it attached to the bar it will break. Do not buy it unless they change it to metal. Join a gym, buy a heavy bag, or even get a friend and some thai pads or focus mitts.

Agree with your last line 100%.

Consider posting a review in the review forum if you haven't already. Questions come up about it a lot.

TIA.

if I have extra money then it wouldnt hurt to buy that one but it wouldnt be in my priority list. I'll only recommend this if you already have a heavy bad and some solid fundamentals. I see this as a good supplement but not a substitute to the heavy bag.

if I have extra money then it wouldnt hurt to buy that one but it wouldnt be in my priority list. I'll only recommend this if you already have a heavy bad and some solid fundamentals. I see this as a good supplement but not a substitute to the heavy bag.

awesome, yeah i have a heavy bag and have been doing training off and on for a few years now, it seemed like a good idea with the whole 'soft' pads and that whole classical guitar playing thing haha. I'm not going to be getting into a ring anytime soon but I do really love training in martial arts.

I do wish I had a personal trainer that would just follow me around and hold pads for me tho hahaha, but I don't have the money for that.

Dude, that monstrosity costs $570 so unless you're running a gym which will have many, many people using it over the course of its lifetime, I wouldn't even consider it.

Dude, that monstrosity costs $570 so unless you're running a gym which will have many, many people using it over the course of its lifetime, I wouldn't even consider it.

+ juan

If your worried about playing the guitar then get some gloves and hand wraps. I'm a very serious guitarist and hitting the bags has never affected my playing (And I play some very technical things, I'm not just jamming on powerchords).

I remember seeing the commercial for the B.A.S. one day and thinking it was a good alternative for someone like me, who can't hang a heavybag in his home, but then I saw the price. Seldom do I ever give the Wavemaster any credit, but if you absolutely have to have something in your house to hit, I would recommend a Wavemaster over the B.A.S. simply because a Wavemaster doesn't burn a huge, gaping hole into your wallet.

I am curious about the b.a.s. system as well seeing as how i cannot hang a heavy bag in my house. I dont have the money for it but i am curious to speak to those that have actually used it to see what they think of it.

Here's a decent enough review I found on youtube:

which confirms all my suspicions.

holy shit, $570 for that piece of crap. You could buy yourself a nice set of equipment for that much and get much more use out of it,an olympic weight set, some bumper plates from sears shouldn't cost more then that. You could get some bag gloves, sparring gloves, head gear, gymbag, jump rope, wraps, custom mouth piece and still have left over $$ for gym fees.

+ juan

If your worried about playing the guitar then get some gloves and hand wraps. I'm a very serious guitarist and hitting the bags has never affected my playing (And I play some very technical things, I'm not just jamming on powerchords).

epic we are both guitarists that live in the same area (i'm from thorold).

I love Bas, but that thing doesn't look like it's any good.

I dunno, I'm not convinced. When it's hit by Bas or someone who knows what they're doing, it looks great.

Thing is, if you have the skill to make it look good, you're probably already using cheaper, better training methods already.

If you don't have the skills to make it look good...well see below!

(Disclaimer - I won't actually mock anyone who is TRYING to get fit! Just pointing out the target audience for it)

I think it looks awesome! You can even throw uppercuts on it, that is something you can't do on a heavybag. I hope the price goes down though.

I think the concept is good but I definitely don't like the price and I just don't trust that design.
I find it hard to believe that if I went full force on that, it can take it repeatedly and last.
I know someone already mentioned that the head part broke.

It honestly doesn't look that bad. It looks like a lot of fun and seems much more dynamic than a heavy bag. It doesn't do what a heavy bag does though; personally I think it looks way to soft for me to enjoy hitting it.

the one with plastic insert is a first early version that was caught very quickly...the manufacture was reprimanded and the metal insert you mention it needing was replaced in the head pad....you should call and get a new head...both the Canada and USA companies are awesome to deal with and will send you the new head with metal insert upon request.

even outside the warranty they have gotten new heads to people.

Back