Bachelor life is more depressing than what I thought it would be

Her friend sent me screenshots of the conversations they were having, which also included her sending nudes to him. They went bowling and to the movies together, so yeah, I’d say they were actual dates.

He wasn’t a random dude, I also knew the guy prior to all this but never liked him.

<{you!}>

Tough one my brother.

At least you found out before your nuptials. That would have been even more catastrophic.

Depression is a bitch. You are lonely. You fillled the fun arc void but that doesn’t fill the loneliness void. You need a close friend or two you can vent with and spend time with doing fun stuff other than just hunting poon. Hobbies will help, especially if they involve social interaction.

mostt girls on tinder are soulless ambitionless personality-empty thots

not all of them, but the vast majority.

you need to meet girls in the real world, with out trying to force it too much

So, what gives exactly? I see dudes in similar situations to myself just absolutely loving it and having the time of their lives, yet here I am finding myself slowly getting more depressed as each day goes by and going back to my excessive drinking habits.

EVERYONE always puts on a mask, to make everyone think their life is amazing full of non stop joy and happiness. they are trying to fool other people and also fool themselves.

Sounds like you just still miss the ex. Random sloots are great and all but it’s different when you love the chick. Good luck.

I’ve been inactive on here for a little while and never usually make threads like these, but here goes.

A little backstory - I split up with my fiancé (and mother of my child) a couple months ago due to her going on cute dates with a convicted criminal while I was at work providing for our family. We were supposed to be getting married in November and had pretty much everything booked. Now I’m living alone and paying child support.

Now, during the time we’ve broken up, I’ve never been so sexually active in my life and have slept with multiple different women through Tinder. I thought this would be the start of an exciting and fulfilling new bachelor life, but instead I’m left with feelings of emptiness and loneliness every night. It’s at the point now where I’m not even enjoying sleeping with these women anymore and I’m only doing it to feed my own ego.

So, what gives exactly? I see dudes in similar situations to myself just absolutely loving it and having the time of their lives, yet here I am finding myself slowly getting more depressed as each day goes by and going back to my excessive drinking habits.

Probably not the best place to post this, but I needed to vent.
you're
a) older
b) not over your ex

I lived the bachelor life and I thought I hated it. After losing my parents and being on my own for a handful of years, I got lonely. I ran thru girls on various dating sites.. I felt like none of them were GF material.

Then I met a girl. I forced myself to settle down. 2 months later we married. I figured how bad could it be?

A month after marriage I got her pregnant. 5 months into the pregnancy we separated. I was done. I couldn't stand her. My life took a turn for the worse financially because of her. I spent a year rebuilding my life. I lived in absolute poverty for a year. Starvation. Could keep my utilities paid, etc...

That was a few years ago..

I'm back to living the bachelor life. I absolutely don't want to be tied down or married ever..

I have come to realize that life is just boring.. I'm always going to be bored most of the time. There is not much I can do about it.. I have accepted it

The best times I had in my life happened during my childhood. Nothing will ever beat that. The childhood and friends I had as a kid was reminiscent of the movie The Goonies... Life was an adventure. I'd give anything to go back....

No amount of spending money, partying, or banging hotties will ever beat hanging out with my best childhood friends...

I think an important step is to learn to be happy being single before you settle down.

I love my wife dearly, but if she cheated on me like you're describing, I'd be out of there and I know I'd be fine because I was fine being single before.

If I were you, I'd stop with the tinder sluts and just be single for a while. Focus on yourself. Get in shape, get your finances in order and then try to meet girls through female friends or even through church or something.

Nice girls are out there, they are just a lot harder to find since they don't go whoring around on tinder.

You are depressed because the woman you were about to give the rest of your life too rejected you for the shittiest/lowest type of person.

Man up. Stop fucking around and start dating woman with substance instead of tits. Once you fall in love with someone of higher personal/emotional quality then the cunt you just escaped getting married too...you will be better off.

That's my doctor phil for the night.

Last edited:
I’ve been inactive on here for a little while and never usually make threads like these, but here goes.

A little backstory - I split up with my fiancé (and mother of my child) a couple months ago due to her going on cute dates with a convicted criminal while I was at work providing for our family. We were supposed to be getting married in November and had pretty much everything booked. Now I’m living alone and paying child support.

Now, during the time we’ve broken up, I’ve never been so sexually active in my life and have slept with multiple different women through Tinder. I thought this would be the start of an exciting and fulfilling new bachelor life, but instead I’m left with feelings of emptiness and loneliness every night. It’s at the point now where I’m not even enjoying sleeping with these women anymore and I’m only doing it to feed my own ego.

Probably not the best place to post this, but I needed to vent.
The two worst words I read in all of that were "child support." You probably should have married her just to avoid that (if nothing else).

I lived the bachelor life and I thought I hated it. After losing my parents and being on my own for a handful of years, I got lonely. I ran thru girls on various dating sites.. I felt like none of them were GF material.

Then I met a girl. I forced myself to settle down. 2 months later we married. I figured how bad could it be?

A month after marriage I got her pregnant. 5 months into the pregnancy we separated. I was done. I couldn't stand her. My life took a turn for the worse financially because of her. I spent a year rebuilding my life. I lived in absolute poverty for a year. Starvation. Could keep my utilities paid, etc...

That was a few years ago..

I'm back to living the bachelor life. I absolutely don't want to be tied down or married ever..

I have come to realize that life is just boring.. I'm always going to be bored most of the time. There is not much I can do about it.. I have accepted it

The best times I had in my life happened during my childhood. Nothing will ever beat that. The childhood and friends I had as a kid was reminiscent of the movie The Goonies... Life was an adventure. I'd give anything to go back....

No amount of spending money, partying, or banging hotties will ever beat hanging out with my best childhood friends...
You sound depressed. Like clinically depressed. You should look into therapy.

Get help for depression, and workout. This will help you care about yourself more. And if banging chick after chick isn't for you right now, don't do it. Everyone gets the rug pulled out from under them at some point, and losing your fiance, kid and having to pay support because she cheated is an especially shitty way for it to happen.

Just try to find a good woman, and don't settle for chicks whose highest aspiration is getting their drinks paid for.

When I was depressed the most important thing for me was exercise. I found kayaking, hiking, and biking to be just the right amount of work that I was getting tired but it was still fun. Then it helps with the sleeplessness you get as well.

It’s a tough situation and I wish you all the best. Just remember it sounds like you’re better off without her. And also, it sounds like you have a good friend who would send you those screenshots. Best of luck.

Then I met a girl. I forced myself to settle down. 2 months later we married.
Relationships are tricky. I've made some choices I question or regret. But marrying someone you've known for 2 months?

<{dayum}>

That’s a very serious situation that will take months even close to a year or more to internally resolve.
I suggest you see a therapist.

Empty sex just will distract for a bit, but isolate you from you in feeling more alone and confused.

After things begin to resolve as questions and pain begin to resolve themselves every day will begin to get straighter.

The loss of a loved one via death or betrayal is the most Painful/Depressing events on the scale.

It will take time bud.

Last edited:
Based on the OP, I don't see this as single life suck, more like life taking an unpleasant turn suck.

The main issue is you have a kid with an unfaithful woman. Normally you could just dump her and move on to something better, instead you are stuck with her and the child support. This type of relationship is difficult because women in this situation will raise the kid painting the father as the bad guy, I hope you have better luck in the future.

'Twas dumb to think you could regress into a shallow empty existence without the aid of a lot of drugs or some kind of addiction

So either get addicted to some type of powerful drug to occupy yourself or actually start processing your emotions and keep progressing by doing what other have said which is take the opportunity to work on yourself and accept that you are reasonably upset by a major tradegy in your life

How old is your ex and convict?

I ask because it sounds like something a person with no responsibility would do not a person with a child. How long were you seeing her for and when you met, were you guys deeply in love with each other?

I ask because I want to know if relationships fizzle out because their foundation is based on sexuality or if its based on companionship and deep affection.
thanks for asking

Back