Bader cleared the arena

Bader has a single entertaining heavyweight fight and it was when he touched Fedor's chin, who goes out with the slightest breeze these days.

Even worse that it was directly after Romero put on that purposely prolonged beatdown that was borderline cruel. Bellator really need to up their game and sign some half-decent HW's.

Imagine putting such a boring performance that people started leaving before the main event was gone. You can credit Bader for that. Man, this could have been an outstanding event but Bader botched it.
I agree he was boring. But it takes two to tango. Kongo sucked worse.

It was a necessary evil booking wise. They're in France, Kongo is French, Kongo and Bader had a no contest before.

On paper, Kongo is very boring and Bader is pretty meh. Not shocked it was a snooze fest.

Bader has a single entertaining heavyweight fight and it was when he touched Fedor's chin, who goes out with the slightest breeze these days.
Fedor has only been knocked out by guys who hit incredibly hard.

It probably had more to do with their local guy getting shut out than simply Bader being boring. I think most fans expected this type of fight.

Wasn’t great, but gotta hand it to him. Took the fight off of the Moldavsky defense right back into camp and he did exactly what he needed to do to retain. Bader is solid. Incredible resume too.

"Incredible"...come on

Yeah I never watch him fight...he is a great wrestler but thats all he does.

I imagine Bellator wants to set up shop in France but that main event did them no favors. This event was an improvement from last one but the main event really stank up the event.

I imagine Bellator wants to set up shop in France but that main event did them no favors. This event was an improvement from last one but the main event really stank up the event.
Kongo just is a bore. Hopefully he retires before they go back there so they aren't forced to book him on the card

It was a great turnout and a solid crowd but that main event being one of the world major title fights you'll ever see was a poop cherry on top of a sundae. Feel kind of bad for everyone involved other then Bader/Kongo.

Hope the fans aren't turned off next time they consider buying a ticket.

Honestly that's one more reason they should do Fedor/Bader 2 next. Who gives a shit if it isn't in Russia Fedor fills the stands in any country.

I could see him mixing his wrestling with striking but it was rinse and repeat for 5 rounds, and Kongo holds some blame also by letting it happen over and over and even backing up to the cage to ensure it would happen.

Even worse that it was directly after Romero put on that purposely prolonged beatdown that was borderline cruel. Bellator really need to up their game and sign some half-decent HW's.

LMFAO you think the UFC is stacked in the HW division? You got a guy that loves to eat at greasy spoon joints like Lewis and some that have 0 ground skills like Gane that are 1 dimensional fighters.

LMFAO you think the UFC is stacked in the HW division? You got a guy that loves to eat at greasy spoon joints like Lewis and some that have 0 ground skills like Gane that are 1 dimensional fighters.
Where did I mention anything about the UFC... but since you mentioned it, Lewis would demolish the whole HW rooster at Bellator so not really sure what you are getting at.

Of course, nobody blames Kongo for constantly backing up against the fence and not doing anything but helping Bader get his wrestling in.

It was the boring version of JDS/Cain 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back