Multiplatform BALDUR'S GATE III

Isn't the bard more a of a support class?

Yup, and Shadowheart is more of a support character, so there shouldn't be two support characters out of four.

think its Warlock has the Eldrich blast skill, which was super effective. It's all foggy for me, but I'd suggest looking up the various classes/sub classes, I'm sure some things have been nerfed/improved since I last played.
Warlocks magic is charisma-based, so they're beasts in combat while using charisma to have positive outcomes in cutscenes.

There's also a 42-minute video explaining all the possible multiclass builds for Warlock. Impressively detailed.

If Xcom2 has you hooked atm, might as well finish that!

Yup, its still stunningly difficult on Hard... which in my previous times playing it it was always on Medium.

Its been one of the few games I've had the urge to play it around once a year. Its gameplay loop both in missions and inbetween missions is addictive to the point I could play it for 18 hours straight, and I have in the past.

One last thing. I was surprised in the character creator you create *you*r character and a guardian character.

When does this 'guardian' character enters the game, and is he/she a significant role in the story?

One last thing. I was surprised in the character creator you create *you*r character and a guardian character.

When does this 'guardian' character enters the game, and is he/she a significant role in the story?

Few points in the game, and yes

Honestly I haven't played it since making my first post, asking about the Goblin Village. XCom2 has me hooked so I feel like I have to beat it before plating through BG3. I know the next few months are gonna be dedicated to it.

Honestly I wasn't hooked by the first few hours of BG3, and although I'm playing as a bard (Wood Elf race) and its the most popular class I'm thinking of starting over to play as a Warlock (Drow) and perhaps that playstyle will be more gripping to me.
You definitely want to restart as a drow warlock because it’s awesome

Last edited:
There's nothing you need to unlock him. He's in some crypt, I think there are a few ways to get into it. You just meet him and he asks you some questions. I don't think it matters what you say to him, or even if you just attack him, he'll go to your camp.

I never found Shadowheart on my first character, and if that happens you'll find him in a different place with some quest or something, but my game must have been bugged because I never found him or got Shadowheart. I would played for hours more if someone else didn't tell me about Withers. I always pass that on now.
Man you never found Shadowheart? I thought she had the best side story in the game.

I don't remember this at all. Wonder if my game was bugged.

Man you never found Shadowheart? I thought she had the best side story in the game.

I don't remember this at all. Wonder if my game was bugged.
Man I restarted the game, a good 10 hours wiped, mainly to get Shadowheart lol. It was for superficial reasons initially, but I'm so glad I did, as I agree, her storyline is the best among the party members. Her arc with Shar (where you can go with it), the trials, and all her turmoil, not to mention that epic scene with Nightsong, were all so compelling. The voice actress and the writing are pure quality.

I needed to do it to get Withers too, and my character was too big. I always try to roleplay myself in a first playthrough. I'm a 6'4 Sherdogger in spirit, but not IRL :D

You didn't create your guardian?

It turned out to be the squid guy. You def met him. I spent a good time making my guardian look like Evangeline Lilly's Hobbit character, was a trap all along lol

Man I restarted the game, a good 10 hours wiped, mainly to get Shadowheart lol. It was for superficial reasons initially, but I'm so glad I did, as I agree, her storyline is the best among the party members. Her arc with Shar (where you can go with it), the trials, and all her turmoil, not to mention that epic scene with Nightsong, were all so compelling. The voice actress and the writing are pure quality.

I needed to do it to get Withers too, and my character was too big. I always try to roleplay myself in a first playthrough. I'm a 6'4 Sherdogger in spirit, but not IRL :D

You didn't create your guardian?

It turned out to be the squid guy. You def met him. I spent a good time making my guardian look like Evangeline Lilly's Hobbit character, was a trap all along lol

Yea I love her story line turned out so good.

@rikwebb private messaged me about the guardian. I still don't remember creating the character but it's possible I just selected whatever the default was and moved on. I doubt I would care much about how a character that's not my main looks.

So I played a few hours, got to the 1st town and met the doctor's apprentice and a 3 word summary of her dialog is "You're Totally Fucked."

Since my entire party is only Lvl2 I'm guessing I'm extremely underpowered to take on the infamous goblin village. So is there a recommended quest-order that's been created by a fan for new players?

Don't want to take on anything that would be guaranteed death.
I’d grab Withers first. He’s located NE of the starting beach and east of Emerald Grove (tiefling and Druid town) that should give you at least one level. After I would go to Blighted Village , it’s a mini goblin village. You can either talk or fight your way through. I suggest talking your way in and explore everything in the Blighted Village. There are Ogres in the third house on the right with the correct dialogue choices you can recruit them either with gold or with meat.

Yea I love her story line turned out so good.

@rikwebb private messaged me about the guardian. I still don't remember creating the character but it's possible I just selected whatever the default was and moved on. I doubt I would care much about how a character that's not my main looks.
I thought the guardian was going to be some regular party member, kind of like our main Pawn in Dragon's Dogma. Had I known what it it was, I would have just went with a default character too. It made for nice little twist, but definitely wasn't worth the time I spent.

I thought the guardian was going to be some regular party member, kind of like our main Pawn in Dragon's Dogma. Had I known what it it was, I would have just went with a default character too. It made for nice little twist, but definitely wasn't worth the time I spent.

Yea I'm kind of glad I didn't go all out. Then again I'm not a huge into character creators anyways. I do simple changes to my characters but not much. A lot of times in games like this they have a random button that I just click a few times till I see something half decent and just go with that.

So you see 'The Guardian' only a few times throughout the entire game?

Makes me wonder why they bothered to make her a created custom character.

So you see 'The Guardian' only a few times throughout the entire game?

Makes me wonder why they bothered to make her a created custom character.
We can’t really say without spoiling it. But I can say that it’s not super important how they look

Came in today because I saw this article:

Well deserved. The game is truly the best game ever imo. A true masterpiece

Last edited:
So I'm 15 hours into my Drow/Warlock playthrough, and this is seriously some good shit.

I'll be honest, after playing 7-8 hours on medium, I kept getting my ass handed to me by some mountain hyena/werewolves and I dropped the difficulty down to 'easy' but I'm already planning for my 2nd playthrough.

Warlocks are seriously overpowered, to the point I'm thinking of having three Warlocks (offense) & 1 Druid (support) on my Dark Urge player, who might be an ogre.

The weird thing is that I've heard how HUGE Act 1 is, and my question is when does Act 2 begin because with the pacing of the story it feels like I'm either at the end of Act 1 or at the beginning of Act 2. Regardless, for as huge as the hype was for the size of Act 1 is, I expected for it to be longer.

So I'm 15 hours into my Drow/Warlock playthrough, and this is seriously some good shit.

I'll be honest, after playing 7-8 hours on medium, I kept getting my ass handed to me by some mountain hyena/werewolves and I dropped the difficulty down to 'easy' but I'm already planning for my 2nd playthrough.

Warlocks are seriously overpowered, to the point I'm thinking of having three Warlocks (offense) & 1 Druid (support) on my Dark Urge player, who might be an ogre.

The weird thing is that I've heard how HUGE Act 1 is, and my question is when does Act 2 begin because with the pacing of the story it feels like I'm either at the end of Act 1 or at the beginning of Act 2. Regardless, for as huge as the hype was for the size of Act 1 is, I expected for it to be longer.
Act 1 is huge. Act 2 is a lot more streamlined and the area is smaller. Still a lot of stuff to do and find. Act 3 is massive with lots of dungeons and optional bosses.

Act 1 is huge. Act 2 is a lot more streamlined and the area is smaller. Still a lot of stuff to do and find. Act 3 is massive with lots of dungeons and optional bosses.

Okay, so exactly what event occurs, or new area you enter that 'Act 2' begins?

Okay, so exactly what event occurs, or new area you enter that 'Act 2' begins?

Whenever you get to an area covered in shadows that's act 2. There's another area that is kind of considered 1.5 where Laezel's people are. Resolving all the main plots in the first major village is the end of act 1.

Whenever you get to an area covered in shadows that's act 2. There's another area that is kind of considered 1.5 where Laezel's people are. Resolving all the main plots in the first major village is the end of act 1.

In that case, I just entered there and got to the tower with the guy that just won't die.

Figured that description was vague enough to not put in spoilers.

In that case, I just entered there and got to the tower with the guy that just won't die.

Figured that description was vague enough to not put in spoilers.

Yea thats act 2. I forget how long act 1 was but I did think it was long. Some people might including act 1.5 into act 1 though so maybe that's why others say it's so long. Overall the game is very long with act 2 being the shortest and most straight forward. I forget how many hours I put in now but I do know I was ready to be done with the game.

Back