Baltimore calls for a 72-hour "ceasefire" after violence skyrockets in the city

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
Shit has gotten so bad in Baltimore that they are calling for a ceasefire for 72 hours

Seem like the organizers are good people, small ray of hope.

It's good seeing people who take a "WE have to do something about this" approach as opposed to the "SOMEBODY has to do something about this" shit. Pretty admirable for them to literally walk up to the people doing the murders and say "hey y'all, just knock it off for a few days would you?"

Brass balls.

When's the pussy hat march against violence?

I'm ambivalent about this. On the one hand, I want to mock the idea that calling for a ceasefire will change anything. Just call for a nation-wide ceasefire and gun violence already. On the other hand, at least they're addressing the issue.

Sh1t we dont have thia kind of violence in Europe. Scary sh1t

"Let's see if we can not murder for three days"
I guess that's a start. I wish them the best from the bottom of my heart. Perhaps BLM can be of assistance.

I'm ambivalent about this. On the one hand, I want to mock the idea that calling for a ceasefire will change anything. Just call for a nation-wide ceasefire and gun violence already. On the other hand, at least they're addressing the issue.
Your Canadian is showing, all shitty communities address the issue several times a year, they just never actually change anything. Anytime a stray bullet finds a pre-teen we get this.

The problem isn't that people don't know that violence is bad though, so all these marches for peace and "ceasefires" don't solve anything.

Your Canadian is showing, all shitty communities address the issue several times a year, they just never actually change anything. Anytime a stray bullet finds a pre-teen we get this.

The problem isn't that people don't know that violence is bad though, so all these marches for peace and "ceasefires" don't solve anything.

I didn't say violence is never addressed.

I'm saying that I'm trying to temper my contempt for the idea that calling for a ceasefire will help because they're working towards a solution. A ceasefire must be agreed upon by both sides, this is just a plea.

I didn't say violence is never addressed.

I'm saying that I'm trying to temper my contempt for the idea that calling for a ceasefire will help because they're working towards a solution. A ceasefire must be agreed upon by both sides, this is just a plea.
Black community leaders have been working towards solutions for decades now but it has never worked. The last ceasefire idea I personally heard was on the 4th of July weekend when I was in Miami for a vacation. The hip hop radio station was pleading for a 4th of July without shootings or killings.

All I'm saying is that you should stop even trying to entertain any sort of hope, because there is none.

i dont think the problem is that people dont know "violence is bad"

i think the problem is that people are conflating the trees with the forest and saying "AMERICA needs to solve X" or "WE ALL need to solve/talk about X"

when its a few concentrated areas of shittiness that need all the attention, and the rest of americans shouldnt be constantly nagged at about what happens in baltimore and chiraq

i think the more we can concentrate on inner city culture, the better we can do at solving the problem. so i like that baltimore is fixing baltimore instead of asking for other people to fix america because baltimore is bad

Black community leaders have been working towards solutions for decades now but it has never worked. The last ceasefire idea I personally heard was on the 4th of July weekend when I was in Miami for a vacation. The hip hop radio station was pleading for a 4th of July without shootings or killings.

All I'm saying is that you should stop even trying to entertain any sort of hope, because there is none.

Yeah, my objection is mainly a semantic one, just because the term ceasefire is a misnomer here, and frankly, it's a non-solution. But you get that it's insensitive to tell people that their futile efforts to not see their loved ones murdered are useless and stupid. My caveat was just to highlight that.

Abandon all hope when you enter Baltimore? Brutal conclusion, though I'm inclined to agree that things won't change in our current system, but if we agree it's a cultural problem, who's to say the culture won't implode and a new one arise?

Years of Republican control have really destroyed Baltimore, sad to see.

;)

Good idea but I don't see the gangs paying them much mind.

Terrible parents raise violent children. Everything starts with the family unit. Fix the broken family culture and you fix the violence problem.

However, if you talk about the problems with black families you are a racist.

Surreal that this is necessary, or even a thing,

Sh1t we dont have thia kind of violence in Europe. Scary sh1t

funny-muslim-soon.jpg

Just thr hell away from the East and West parts. Canton, Fed Hill, and Fells Point are still great place to get shitfaced, if you can still do that of course. That said, i would never move back there.

Back