Bannon removed as Chief Strategist of the White House: Quit or Fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

:l
@Gold
Reaction score
Nyt reporting Bannon is out
President Trump has told senior aides that he has decided to remove Stephen K. Bannon, the embattled White House chief strategist who helped Mr. Trump win the 2016 election, according to two administration officials briefed on the discussion.

The president and senior White House officials were debating when and how to dismiss Mr. Bannon. The two administration officials cautioned that Mr. Trump is known to be averse to confrontation within his inner circle, and could decide to keep on Mr. Bannon for some time.

As of Friday morning, the two men were still discussing Mr. Bannon’s future, the officials said. A person close to Mr. Bannon insisted the parting of ways was his idea, and that he had submitted his resignation to the president on Aug. 7, to be announced at the start of this week, but it was delayed in the wake of the racial unrest in Charlottesville, Va.

Mr. Bannon had clashed for months with other senior West Wing advisers and members of the president’s family.

But the loss of Mr. Bannon, the right-wing nationalist who helped propel some of Mr. Trump’s campaign promises into policy reality, raises the potential for the president to face criticism from the conservative news media base that supported him over the past year.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/us/politics/steve-bannon-trump-white-house.html?_r=0

5yApxy4.jpg

latest

Last edited:
President Trump has told senior aides that he has decided to remove Stephen K. Bannon, the embattled White House chief strategist who helped Mr. Trump win the 2016 election, according to two administration officials briefed on the discussion.

The president and senior White House officials were debating when and how to dismiss Mr. Bannon. The two administration officials cautioned that Mr. Trump is known to be averse to confrontation within his inner circle, and could decide to keep on Mr. Bannon for some time.

As of Friday morning, the two men were still discussing Mr. Bannon’s future, the officials said. A person close to Mr. Bannon insisted the parting of ways was his idea, and that he had submitted his resignation to the president on Aug. 7, to be announced at the start of this week, but it was delayed in the wake of the racial unrest in Charlottesville, Va.

This dumpster fire continues to burn.

The wheels on the bus go round and round.. round and round... round and round.. the wheels on the bus go round and round... all oooovvver town...

Strange move from Trump. I don't think he can get reelected if he makes Bannon an enemy.
He might be able to take away a considerable amount from Trump's base.

Back to Breitbart now, no?

Strange move from Trump. I don't think he can get reelected if he makes Bannon an enemy.

I don't think he wanted to actually get elected in the first place. I think this was just a stunt to for his brand.

He stumbled into this lol

The interview to the American Prospect was his reach out to liberals to work with him on his Economic Nationalism agenda. He knew he was out the door, and now this proves it given he resigned a week ago. In that interview he ran hard from the alt-right racists he courted to build up the Brietbart brand, focused on China and rained n the idea of any military intervention in NK. I think the overt talk on NK was to ensure Kelly would recommend Trump accept his resignation.

Where does he go now? Brietbart is one avenue but it might be too sullied by it's connection to the Alt-Right. Mercer's might fund a new venture for him. A "Bannon Media" type platform, or he'll get hired on to be a pundit somewhere.

Miller and Gorka should follow him out the door.

This doesn't in any way mitigate away the Charlottesville response. That is who Trump is. That had nothing to do with Bannon.

LOL as though it were his choice.
Kelly FORCED that shit because of Trump's incredibly stupid "both sides" garbage defense of his white power base.

I guess Bannon and Kushner got into an argument.... But Bannon wasn't Kosher enough for any a big time adviser role. You'd think he'd keep him around to renegotiate nafta.

are you serious? how?

I still think Trump steps on his own dick continuously.

I don't think he wanted to actually get elected in the first place. I think this was just a stunt to for his brand.

He stumbled into this lol

Lol, I am still waiting for Trump to reveal he is just a very committed actor that came up with the Trump role 50 years ago and stayed in character all this time.
As a sort of art piece against our modern society and to show how much stuff you can get away with.
That would make the most sense at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back