Beat Saber Likely The Most Popular VR Game Yet And People Are Going Nuts Over It

Beat Saber just won VR game of the year on Stream an scored a 97 out of a 100.

It also won a Unity game award.

looks nice but not enough for me to buy the playstation move controllers. all the other VR games I play are controller only

If I thought a Vive or Oculus was worth owning this would be the game I would play first:

looks really cool... and I had no idea about Gorn. That's the one game I've seen that made me kind of want VR.

If I thought a Vive or Oculus was worth owning this would be the game I would play first:

The next generation Vive maybe the most substantial improvement in the VR space if what I am hearing is true. It's going to be classed as 3rd generation and will very likely do away with lighthouses and go with inside out tracking. First hinted by someone who posted photos of the new headset without a front on it. From the looks of it and similar rumors about a new Samsung headset even after just releasing the updated Odyssey plus will have inside out tracking and will be wireless out of the box no need for a separate unit. Apparently improved optics and 140 degree or so field of view. The optics combined with a new method of rendering and eye tracking will help to reduce eye strain and could have realtime light field like technology allowing eyes to focus on a single object closer to the user in the space. This will help reduce CPU/GPU load while allowing to drive higher frame rates while increasing the resolution and field of view. Rumored FOV to be 140 degrees not Pimax plus crazy 200 degree but still a nice jump from 100 t0 110 degrees as the older VR headsets.
Vive Cosmos VR headset 4th generation.
valve-mystery-headset-1.jpg

https://www.roadtovr.com/htc-files-vive-cosmos-vr-headset-trademark/

@PEB - all you seem to post is VR stuff. do you work for a VR developer?

@PEB - all you seem to post is VR stuff. do you work for a VR developer?

No just following the technology seems really interesting still waiting for something that I will not sweat in and not trip over wires. :)

You mean PaRappa the Rapper
wasnt dance dance ahead of that game, I remember playing it on the ps1 and it was already in the arcades at that time, I even bought the game pad for that lolz.

edit: Parapa was 96 and Dance , dance was 98.

Lolz the only rhythm games I played was DDR and Bust a Grove

Beat Saber just won VR game of the year on Stream an scored a 97 out of a 100.

People can still cast votes for the Steam Awards and the winners don't get announced until next month. Is this some other trophy they snagged?

Friend has it for the HTC Vive, and I got it for the PS4. The Vive is superior to the PS4 since you can load songs, but the PS4 is so much easier to use once you get the setup done correctly. I was able to finish all the songs on expert, but it's not really a great workout. The closest thing I'd compare it to is using ropes for a workout. I tried Expert Plus on my friends Vive and it wasn't even fun it was so hard.

Even if I don't play another PS VR game, I'm happy with my purchase.

My wife gave my son a PSVR for Christmas and I’m surprised by homw much I like it. Thanks to the awesome holiday online sale we got Moss, rush in blood (vr sickness is real), doom, super hot, time to die, wipeout and creed.

Anyone playing creed? Its fun as fuck, the wife loves it too.

Any recommendations for games?

This is the one game that tempts me to get the VIVE

I would not say this is the one game but it's a pretty enjoyable game. I would wait an buy the next generation of VIVE. It vary likely going to have a lower price point then when the VIVE was first released.

It's pretty much going to have a wider field of view some say st least 120 degrees other things eye tracking to improve GPU performance.

Expect the price to be around 700 dollars with two front facing cameras an doing away with the lighthouses via inside out tracking. It's going to be running off of USB-C connector vs HDM so your going to need a 2060 or better.
I

My wife gave my son a PSVR for Christmas and I’m surprised by homw much I like it. Thanks to the awesome holiday online sale we got Moss, rush in blood (vr sickness is real), doom, super hot, time to die, wipeout and creed.

Anyone playing creed? Its fun as fuck, the wife loves it too.

Any recommendations for games?

Firewall Zero Hour

Firewall Zero Hour
I forgot to put that one down. It came with the gun we got. I’ve been super busy and have yet to play it, but, hopefully sometime this week I’ll get a chance.

This is the one game that tempts me to get the VIVE
I would hold off on buying a VIVE or Oculus because there is new products coming out this year. Already Oculus showed their wireless 6DOF stand alone but of more interest is the next generation VIVE headset it does away with the lighthouses and they added inside out tracking and the controllers are now bluetooth and still 6DOF with higher resolution display and wider FOV. The price of the new VIVE is rumored though at a depressing 750 dollar price point still less then the VIVE pro but higher then the current VIVE headset at 500 dollars. There are other really impressive headsets coming out with inside out tracking and over then a 150 degree FOV but you need a beastly RTX 2070 or better meaning really just RTX 1080 option. I thought the Pimax was vaporware but it's looking really impressive. It's not cheap still around 1,000 dollars with the controllers but what a field of view and high quality 5K or somewhat questionable 8K "Titan or better GPU monster needed".

Pimax 200 FOV 5K headset.

MVIMG_20190108_145047-1000x750-o1r7q5gjistjl7j325f0pcbl078fqkqawotad3xg7g.jpg

https://uploadvr.com/ces-2019-pimax-8k-beat-saber/

Pimax-8K-Series3-1024x724.png

https://pimaxvr.com/collections/store?max_price=1423.2&min_price=0.15

https://pimaxvr.com/collections/store/products/pimax-8k-series?variant=19912761606203

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobynixon
Back