beating Volkanovski is a BIG DEAL

Wish more people would just go with Volk is fucking good rather than Islam sucks. These dudes just had a great, competitive fight. Both guys deserve respect.
I think Volk is overrated, and a goof - but ill concede that was an awesome performance by both.

I predicted Volkanovski to beat Islam & he would make easy, but it seems that we witnessed two all time great beat each other, beating Volk is like beating Jon Jones in his prime..
I hope he beat it Yair even though it's gonna be hard as he too southpaw but I trust Volk to beat him and come back to get the lightweight belt.
No. Volk and Jones is not a serious comparison. Volk is smaller fighting bigger guys and Jones is bigger fighting smaller guys. Jones picks suitable opponents at HW and Volk goes for the hardest fight possible.

Because Islam picked the smaller lighter fighter in Volk and barely surviving it's not such a big deal as one might think.

Reactions: ff
I semi-shat on this fight.

But due to the way it went, kind of perfect for Islam here. So easy to look like a bully, so easy for it to look like a BS “first defence” of his title.

Then you see how good Volk really is, and the win all of a sudden is looking like potentially the best win of Islam’s career - even including future fights, perhaps?

Islam is the man, and he gave us what we want. An exciting test, and he passed it.

what happened for the rest of the 4 rounds? throw it out of the window with the judges, let volk win god damn it. Power of the almighty, sherdog's son has requested....
You highlight my point.
Volk was winning later rounds because Islam went downhill.
Also... MMA community unamiously declared Volk as impressive. Mak not so much. Small guy cracked the code.

You highlight my point.
Volk was winning later rounds because Islam went downhill.
Also... MMA community unamiously declared Volk as impressive. Mak not so much. Small guy cracked the code.
MMA community=2 shertards. LOL

No. Volk and Jones is not a serious comparison. Volk is smaller fighting bigger guys and Jones is bigger fighting smaller guys. Jones picks suitable opponents at HW and Volk goes for the hardest fight possible.

Because Islam picked the smaller lighter fighter in Volk and barely surviving it's not such a big deal as one might think.
100% Israel went up when jones vacate his belt GSP did it when Bisping had the belt but volk went up with hardest match up Volk is the man

does Volk even bleed? that gash barely bled

that would be a big win if Islam isn't significant bigger than Volk

It would be if he wasn't the bugger fighter by far.

Wish more people would just go with Volk is fucking good rather than Islam sucks. These dudes just had a great, competitive fight. Both guys deserve respect.

Both elevated after tonight in my eyes.

Agreed.
People saying stuff like, Islam is heavier he should have destroyed him. Dude is the number one pound for pound fighter,

Volk will only get better after rewatching this fight.

Back