Been studying UFC fighters' diets and found one absolute similarity

They all cut out processed sugar and limit sweets.. the ones who eat a lot of fruit do so around the time they train hard.. fructose is metabolized differently when one is ACTIVE vs when sedentary like all Sherdoggers with fatty livers ..

Please cut out sugars from your diet or limit it if you are active and you will be on their level.

Having trained at a high level mma gym for years, I have seen plenty of ufc fighters eating candy and pizza in the damn gym beteeen training sessions.

keto diet is the only way to treat your body
yeah the only way to treat it like it's diabetic.

refined sugar is bad, of course, but if you have a normally functioning endocrine system you can eat pretty much all the fruit you want at any stage of training for anything.

Everything in moderation. If you eat relatively clean for the most part and eat whatever on rare occasions, you'll look good and be healthy.

All metabolically available carbohydrates (natural sugar or any "sugar" including complex carbohydrates) with the exception of fructose, enter the bloodstream as the exact same molecule, (glucose).

Are you certain that fructose is the exception ? I heard the opposite, although I could have heard wrong.

Last edited:
They all cut out processed sugar and limit sweets.. the ones who eat a lot of fruit do so around the time they train hard.. fructose is metabolized differently when one is ACTIVE vs when sedentary like all Sherdoggers with fatty livers ..

Please cut out sugars from your diet or limit it if you are active and you will be on their level.
So if I quit drinking Diet Coke I can become the Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant or Tim Duncan of MMA?

These fighters who cut 30 pounds during camp eating absolutely no processed sugar.

All metabolically available carbohydrates (natural sugar or any "sugar" including complex carbohydrates) with the exception of fructose, enter the bloodstream as the exact same molecule, (glucose).

You forgot galactose. It's absorbed from the gut into the bloodstream with the same transporter as glucose. Most of its conversion is in the liver, and typically into glucose and then stored as glycogen.

Having trained at a high level mma gym for years, I have seen plenty of ufc fighters eating candy and pizza in the damn gym beteeen training sessions.
Ha! For sure. Genetics can truly be a cruel reality. One of my buddies who isn't a fighter, he teaches spin classes and lifts weights with a half assed effort has got to have some of the best genetics ive ever seen. The guy is just stacked and loves m&ms, bologna sandwiches and pizza.

I copy everything that cavemen did because they really had their shit together.

Like living in a cave with faeces in your beard, drawing stick figures and dying at 30 ... that totally sounds like something worth copying

So if I quit drinking Diet Coke I can become the Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant or Tim Duncan of MMA?
Yes you will transform into Leon Edwards. Diet coke is aspartame though so the transformation could go horribly wrong.

giphy.gif

yeah the only way to treat it like it's diabetic.

refined sugar is bad, of course, but if you have a normally functioning endocrine system you can eat pretty much all the fruit you want at any stage of training for anything.
Exactly. The biggest problem isn't even having some candy or chocolate, because you're absolutely aware how much sugar it has and you kinda make a mental note if you're health conscious at all, so you won't overdo it with other foods that day. Problem is that a lot of foods contain processed sugar and people aren't even aware of it, so they get fooled and it adds up. Anyway, fruit is pretty much safe because of the antioxidants and fiber + it's way more nutrient rich than foods that contain processed sugar.

Fruits are meant to be eaten seasonally to fatten you up for winter since fructose is an obesogen. I'm especially wary now since all of the fruit we eat has been modified by humans to be hyper palatable sugar bombs. They hardly resemble their wild/natural forms.

It's summer now in the northern hemisphere so I'm chowing down on some fruit everyday but come late October I lock that shit up and cut back drastically on the amount I eat until May rolls around.

I’ve never been interested in this.

They all eat a lot of FIST! NOM NOM NOM!

Back