Media Belal is ANGRY with Leon!

One of the most uninteresting, uninspiring, and boring fighter I've seen in a long time. Smack talked seemed weird and forced. Best thing for the UFC would be Edwards finished this guy so we dont have to hear from him again.

The only info we have is Dana saying they offered him 3 fights and he said yes, everything else is just made up theories.

And "everything throughout they year" as if we are 8 months deep or some shit, we are in the fourth month of the year and Leon has already said yes to 3 fights, if Betal wasn't one of them then he needs to take it up with the match makers and his manager.
No, the only info we had is Dana said they offered him 3 fights for one single night. Yes, Belal should be upset about not being offered for 300, but that was UFC 300 and the UFC was specifically trying to put on a spectacle. You know what other events Belal wasn't asked to do? 298, 299, 301, or 302.

You know what isn't made up? No fight has all year happened or is booked for the next few months, which DOES include events nearly 8 months deep. You know what else isn't made up? Largely speaking, when a champ says that they want to fight soon, the UFC puts something together. It's the same reason we're somehow getting Islam vs Dustin now. And speaking of Islam, we're getting that fight in Newark, so it's not a case of him being saved for Saudi / Abu Dhabi like it's always pointed out. So for Leon, there IS talk about an event in England later this summer, but that location hadn't even been secured, so we can't act like the UFC was holding out for a specific event that wasn't on the books like they do for Islam.

Leon should be commended for accepting pretty short notice opponents for a special event, I'm not taking that away. But that itself is not a argument against the fact that we can absolutely be scratching our heads about why there's been zero talk about him outside of that one night.

No, the only info we had is Dana said they offered him 3 fights for one single night. Yes, Belal should be upset about not being offered for 300, but that was UFC 300 and the UFC was specifically trying to put on a spectacle. You know what other events Belal wasn't asked to do? 298, 299, 301, or 302.

You know what isn't made up? No fight has all year happened or is booked for the next few months, which DOES include events nearly 8 months deep. You know what else isn't made up? Largely speaking, when a champ says that they want to fight soon, the UFC puts something together. It's the same reason we're somehow getting Islam vs Dustin now. And speaking of Islam, we're getting that fight in Newark, so it's not a case of him being saved for Saudi / Abu Dhabi like it's always pointed out. So for Leon, there IS talk about an event in England later this summer, but that location hadn't even been secured, so we can't act like the UFC was holding out for a specific event that wasn't on the books like they do for Islam.

Leon should be commended for accepting pretty short notice opponents for a special event, I'm not taking that away. But that itself is not a argument against the fact that we can absolutely be scratching our heads about why there's been zero talk about him outside of that one night.
A lot of writting about shit you are assuming, again, Leon has taken all the fights offers to him this year, until the brass comes out and says he said no to Bedal, you are just assuming shit.

Leon said he wanted to fight 3 times in 2024 right after he beat Colby. And said March or April would be ideal for his next fight.

Makes sense that the UFC wouldn't offer him fights until they were gearing up for 300 which was early April.

Since all those fights fell through, it's pretty clear they're holding Leon back for Manchester in July. Unless they have already found an opponent for him that isn't Belal, there's still some time left to give it to Belal and there still being time for a long and thorough training camp.

Dana said Leon has never turned down an opponent, and while yes, it's Dana, so bucketful of salt and all that. Think about it though, Leon is not the most exciting nor marketable guy, Dana isn't going to be lying for him to make him look good to the public and MMA media. I think it's safe to say in this case that it's the truth.
Again though, no one's saying he turned down a fight. But that is a different accusation to: He hasn't asked for one, which he would have been granted. The Manchester thing isn't even a done deal right now, so holding out can just be notched up to bucketfuls of salt to "Dana says" as well.

I'm hopeful that Manchester DOES get secured, that it becomes the missing UFC 304, and that it has Leon vs Belal (probably under Aspinall vs Blaydes). But that is the UFC not sufficiently preparing to give Leon that March/April fight (since those 3 opponents were silly scrambles) and then just wiping Leon from the board again until a fictional card becomes nonfiction, when at any time, you know Leon could have said "Well I didn't get on 300 like I hoped, put me on 301 or 301" and it would have happened.

A lot of writting about shit you are assuming, again, Leon has taken all the fights offers to him this year, until the brass comes out and says he said no to Bedal, you are just assuming shit.
A lot of not reading you're doing. Where did I say he said no to Belal? Go ahead and find that text, bold it, underline it, and send it to me in a postcard. Until then, you're assuming everything I said, and getting it wrong.

Are y'all talking about UFC offering 3 fights to Leon? That's basically very disengenious, since there are 2 parts of the equation, and Leon can say yes all he wants, but when UFC offers the counterparty and they say NO.....its all just a moot point. And UFC was Offering fights to Islam, Khamzat, and somebody else, I can't remember now, who were going to reject it automatically due to religious holidays etc. So Leon can say yes 44 times, but if the UFC is doing a shitty job matchmaking, its just for show.

Fuck this division.

The UFC have proven over the time span of about 5 years that they don’t give a fuck about it. Nothing but fuckery by the UFC, cherry picking, and ducking at the top.

1 - Usman. Cherry picking clown no longer in the division. Get him the fuck out of the WW rankings you assholes.

2 - Belal. Already at least a year past his earned TS. He’s earned it. And was publicly PROMISED the TS after Colby.

3 - Shavkat. The clear next number 1, after Belal. But may just end up sitting for a while. Or risks his rank fighting somebody behind him. Unless of course the UFC does actually break the ironclad public, verbal contract put they put forward to both Belal, and Burns.

4 - Colby. Completely, and utterly.. He, and Dana can fuck eachother.

This is a fucking joke.

Made Edwards wait much longer than he should have had to for his earned TS. Then the UFC were trying to shove Borz into a TS off of a single win over Edwards. All while giving assholes like Masvidal, and Colby unearned TS. They extorted Edwards into signing to fight Borz by stripping Edwards of his number 3 ranking.

I’m sick of it. The unbelievable rank squatting, cherry picking, and everybody talking about money fights, and/or wanting a free TS at MW, etc.

There are ZERO merit based arguments for Colby, and Masvidal getting their last TS. I MEAN FUCKING ZERO!

Give Belal his shot, ffs. I can’t guarantee who wins that fight. I’d pick Edwards by decision 100%, though. But the Edwards rematch was a mere formality according to most people in here. And I did pick Usman for the rematch. But I had Edwards in the UNNECESSARY instant rematch.

Give Belal his shot. Without the fuckery we’d have already seen Edwards, Borz, Belal, and Shavkat have their TS. The question would be who is next. after Shavkat.

Do people not realize that?

No Usman getting a free win against the fucking clown he beat 50-45 the first time. That should have been Edwards.

No completely unnecessary instant rematch for Usman. That was Belal’s.

No third TS for Colby. That would have been Shavkat.

And Borz could have been put in there instead of the Usman instant rematch as well.

Fuck this DNB division. Look how far it’s fallen since GSP ruled the roost.
I always pointed out this division for it's lack of a true "title eliminator" fight. There are a lot of times where a fight is "Only if this person wins, do they get a shot," but some real blood to a division is when either guy can get the title.

Going back through the challengers:
1) Colby beat Masvidal (a fucking while ago) who wasn't going to get a 3rd shot.
2) Usman was a rematch.
3) Edwards beat fuckin Diaz, who wasn't getting shit with a win, except maybe a BMF rematch
4) Colby beating Woodley, who was now on 10 straight rounds of losing doing nothing, he wasn't getting a rematch.
5) Masvidal who beat... fucking nodoby. He was off a loss and this rematch was a joke.
6) Burns beating Woodley might have been Woodley earning a rematch? But his performance against Usman was such a 'shit the bed' moment that he'd have to have knocked him out or made a statement or something
7) Masvidal beat Diaz, who had 1 win in the division, and he wouldn't have gotten a shot without loads of criticism.
8) Colby who beat Lawler on a real bad stretch of his career.

I'll stop there because, honestly, the Colby-Lawler fight was really just a stay busy fight, cuz Colby fought RDA for the interim title before that, and that really should have been a title eliminator, but then Colby got skipped for some pretty BS reasons, and he got fully leapfrogged by Usman, who was largely picking his scraps.

We were told that Belal vs Burns was an eliminator, but that hasn't come to fruition either. Colby vs RDA, the last functional title eliminator to happen at welterweight was SIX YEARS AGO. And EVEN THAT didn't end up with a title shot.

WW booking fuckin blows.

Last edited:
Belal should be doing more of this. He's played his entire career as a nice guy and where has it got him? Nothing. He was the most deserving contender BEFORE fighting Burns and he still hadn't gotten a title shot. Go full nuclear dude. Start savaging Leon in the media. Let Ali manage your social media.

Colby was a boring wrestler too but the MMA fanbase got invested in his fights because of how he promoted himself. Belal hasn't been playing the game that you need to if you are a fighter that isn't exciting to watch. Follow the Chael route, just don't be as cringe as Colby. Do SOMETHING to make fans interested in this fight.

Scorched Earth

IMG_20240420_213623_01.gif

Things probably have changed. I've been saying for a while I think Belal is still next up, they just didn't want it topping the card at 300 because it would have gone down about as well as Aljo vs Kattar.

They will put it in Manchester though because Leon is somewhat local and beggers can't be choosers so UK cards sell out no matter how bad they are.

Point remains Belal is angry at the wrong guy. Leon will fight who he's told to, he's hardly scared of a guy he was well on his way to finishing last time they were in a cage together.

I would dispute he was "well on his way." He gouged his eye out. It's literally the worst eye poke of all time. Let's run it back.

It's true that he deserves the fight based on merits, but please, stop it with the Leon is scared talk. This is cringey and not even 8 yr olds believe it. If he wasn't so bland and boring, this fight would've happened a while ago.

Belal should be pissed at the UFC not Leon. I feel pretty confident they haven't even offered Leon that fight yet because they are trying to wait Belal out and/or waiting for Shavkat/JDM/Garry to be ready for a title fight. Belal should probably pivot and start calling out JDM or Garry.

I just want him get derailed so we can finally drop all this. He reminds me a lot of Dillian Whyte, a boring third wheel who nobody really cares about and who lingers around acting like hes some poor victimized would be champ if only he got his shot.

They're definitely giving him some Jon Fitch Treatment.

Yes. He's just not exciting and that sucks for him but Leon is and the UFC is not pumped to make this fight.

I would dispute he was "well on his way." He gouged his eye out. It's literally the worst eye poke of all time. Let's run it back.
You don't know what you're watching then. Sure Belal MIGHT have pulled out a Mike Russow style comeback, but unlikely. It's Belal, and Leon is just a higher class of fighter.

Can't wait for this to be over with when Leon murks Belal.

UFC is a big portion of the obstacle. They can push Leon to fight contenders and so far not much noise from Dana. UFC has its focus on events that can sell. Leon could be more accommodating as well.

It looks like we got two divisions in a similar shitty situation.
- Both divisions the champ claims wanting to fight more often than he gets matches
- Both divisions the champs team and management has apparently nothing to with this inactivity
- both champs coming off useless rematch bouts
- both divisions have/had a well deserving number one contender, who is not getting a shot and has to accept other fights instead

- one champ already fought one undeserving contender, the other one is about to do the same
- fans are pretending this is sport at highest level, and the athletes are treated equally

Bisping and Nakai would like to have a word with you

You don't know what you're watching then. Sure Belal MIGHT have pulled out a Mike Russow style comeback, but unlikely. It's Belal, and Leon is just a higher class of fighter.

Can't wait for this to be over with when Leon murks Belal.
Leon pretty clearly was on his way to winning. Then the bell rang, and the round ended, so Leon got his 10-9. Then there were 4 more scheduled rounds. As how main events work. Anyone acting like any five minutes of action automatically dictates twenty more either doesn't know what this sport is, or is just blinded by bias. Fuck, even an entire fight doesn't dictate how more fights will go. It's one of the most basic premises a fan picks up after watching enough.

I mean, if Belal came out in the second still stuck in cobwebs or in a fugue state or something, I'd maybe get it, but any attempted precognition is pure fantasy

Belal probably will lose when they fight, but I've said that about 4 of his last 5 fights, and this time, Belal will actually come in against Leon with a prepared camp and an actual rest instead of being short notice and a month off his last fight

Back