Media Belal Muhammad jokes about cutting 44 lbs. in 11 days for Gilbert Burns fight (needs to cut 19 lbs.)

I call BS.

The guy is vying for a title shot, hasn’t fought in 6 months, and as been calling out contenders left and right. He’s had to know he would be fighting sometime soon. If he really ballooned up to 215 lbs, he’s downright retarded.

I think this is all just an act to try to get people (Joe Rogan) on his side.

I can hear it now “OMG Belal took a short notice fight and cut 45 lbs in 11 days, isn’t he so hardcore”! and if he wins, Joe, DC & the Shills will be saying “Look at what Belal did on short notice with a huge weight cut! Imagine him with a full camp!”

I cut 33 pounds in 4 days so it's absolutely doable

Wow this is ridiculous that is 20 kgs.. I cut 25 kilos in 8 weeks and believe me cutting 20 kgs in 11 days is tough ask

You didn’t bother reading the whole thing, did you?
Looks like even the people publishing the article didn't bother reading it

And this is who y'all want to face Edwards.

A man that has to cut 40+ pounds just to fight.

Na.

Colby is natural.
I call BS.

The guy is vying for a title shot, hasn’t fought in 6 months, and as been calling out contenders left and right. He’s had to know he would be fighting sometime soon. If he really ballooned up to 215 lbs, he’s downright retarded.

I think this is all just an act to try to get people (Joe Rogan) on his side.

I can hear it now “OMG Belal took a short notice fight and cut 45 lbs in 11 days, isn’t he so hardcore”! and if he wins, Joe, DC & the Shills will be saying “Look at what Belal did on short notice with a huge weight cut! Imagine him with a full camp!”
Built in excuse...check.

Belal is definitely coming to throw down in this fight, bro. Gonna be a slobber knocker.
I'm not saying that either, but trying to "crotch sniff" a BJJ world champion is a stupid plan for a guy who's got a long wins streak based mostly on good game planning.

How did this fight come to fruition? Can a fellow 6'9 300 lb sherbro enlighten me?
Why is gilbert fighting again just weeks after his last fight and against a guy who seems clearly unprepared and not in shape?

The UFC is trying to get Belal out of the title picture...or atleast de -legitimize him as a contender..

The UFC hoping he misses weight therefore he can't get a title shot even with a win or he his weight cut is so bad he loses to Burns ...

Burns getting paid well no doubt and likely is being told if he gets Belal out of the picture he gets a title shot after Colby

Unless he's full of shit (which is possible it's Belal after all) 5 rounds is actually a disadvantage to him where it would normally be favorable circumstances. For a grinder he just made his only way to win seem much more difficult.

If he gets that hi between fights... Hopefully he doesn't use it as an excuse. Props he took the fight regardless. I hope both are getting paid

I'm not saying that either, but trying to "crotch sniff" a BJJ world champion is a stupid plan for a guy who's got a long wins streak based mostly on good game planning.

This fight is Belal not throwing down anything, period.

if the fight turns out like Usman vs. Colby 1. I'd eat my pink belt and spit out two.

Maybe if he was walking around heavy and then trying to make LW. But belal never struck me as walking around at that much. Always assumed 185 or less.

wo7n6w61zpq71.jpg

Odds Ba'al wont be wearing sunglasses while on the scales is OVER +9000.
Irvin...reminiscent of Conor when he cut to 145...

Doesn't look right...but they made it so there is that.

How about staying under 190 lbs to cut to 170. 215 is way to heavy, the body will have no longevity from these cuts

Back